The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

feed back and tips?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

feed back and tips? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:49 am

You could hhave some neon stroobe light tyype lightts going on and a dance floor in the background
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:04 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking that's a good idea. I'm just having trouble getting something together in Photoshop though. I'll see what I can scrape together.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:07 pm

I can see if I can scrap somethings up to get some ideas rolling for yyou sometime ttommrow
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:22 pm

Ok cool, thank you.
Back to top Go down
SBRedFlag
Third Nation
SBRedFlag

Nation Reputation : 11

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 6:52 pm

If you're looking for technical help, street, here's what I can offer.
Create a layer underneath and draw lines and shapes with the pen tool that go with the flow of your piece (which would be largely bottom-left to top-right) and stroke them white 2px (go to paths, select the path you created with the pen tool, convert to selection, then go to Edit->Stroke). Then add an outer glow by double clicking the name of the layer with the lines, and checking outer glow. Choose a neon color, and you're all set.
If you need more clarification I could upload pictures too, but I think I made it clearish Razz
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:10 pm

I remember I tried a tutorial like that SB but since I'm only using Photoshop Elements 4.0 I ran into a problem. That tutorial told me to use the Pen Tool, but I actually don't have it in my version. That's the problem I've been having with most tutorials. It's telling me to use things I don't have access to, or things that are in an entirely different spot from where the tutorial says it is and I can't find it.
Back to top Go down
SBRedFlag
Third Nation
SBRedFlag

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:09 pm

Hmm, in that case, you could always use one of these brushes: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They should work in PSE and PS.
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:37 pm

Hey guys, I made a tutorial

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SBRedFlag
Third Nation
SBRedFlag

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:12 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 pm

win lmao
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:24 pm

Thanks SB, I'll give it a try when I get home from work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:30 pm

OK so a few of those took me to like "File Not Found" links or brushes that were compatible with only CS2 or later, but I did manage to come up with this:

I don't think it looks right, suggestions guys? I did some brush work above a rainbow gradient and was adjusting the blending modes of the layers. I think I messed up...
Back to top Go down
SBRedFlag
Third Nation
SBRedFlag

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:05 pm

Set them to all to "Screen"
If that doesn't work, or even if it does, just brush white, duplicate that layer, change the bottom layer's color (I can explain how if you don't know) and gaussian blur it by 3-5 pixels. You should get a nice glow effect. To recap you should have something like

-render layer, etc.-
-white glow brushing-
-colored, blurred brushing-

Could you upload the psd file so I can play with it and confirm that what I'm telling you WILL work Razz
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:26 pm

I know what you mean, I have taken classes with Photoshop in the past lol, so despite having noob skills, I do know a decent amount about the program.

As for posting the PSD, where should I do that? Imageshack?
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:36 pm

Ok so I came up with this just now SB. Is this like something you were talking about?

Back to top Go down
SBRedFlag
Third Nation
SBRedFlag

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:10 pm

That's definitely better, but I would blur with less pixels (sorry) and probably brush less.

I don't think you can upload PSDs to imageshack. I always use things like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (big green button on the right) to send stuff, but more conventional things like Mediafire work too Razz
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:27 am

Here you go SB, this should be done right:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Any luck SB?
Back to top Go down
SBRedFlag
Third Nation
SBRedFlag

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:33 pm

Sorry, been busy, haven't had time. I'll take a look at it soon Smile .

Edit:
Here's what I got.

The process was a little trickier than what I described earlier, so I uploaded the psd file with the layers neatly labeled. Follow along layer by layer and you should be able to see what I did.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:41 pm

I'll have to check it out later apparently SB. Mediafire is undergoing maintenance right now so I can't download it right now lol.

It looks good, really complicated but good lol.
Back to top Go down
SBRedFlag
Third Nation
SBRedFlag

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:48 am

The link's working now. Don't worry, it looks more complicated than it is Smile
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:06 am

It had to discard the "Brightness/Contrast Layer 1" layer, but all in all I must say I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what exactly you did. I can tell you did the lines with the pen tool or whatever like you were talking about in the past, and then the gaussian blur. The rest is a mystery.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:09 am

In the meantime (sorry for repeated double posts) I recently came up with this for Kilmory. I'd like to hear your thoughts/comments/criticisms if you all don't mind.

Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 4:09 am

is it weird that i am now more attracted to killy Suspect

o btw me likey

EDIT* after staring at the sig for five mins i swear she winked at me bounce
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 6:20 am

It's a nice job there Street

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

feed back and tips?
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: User Gen :: Graphic Artists (sigs, manip, etc)-
Jump to: