The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

feed back and tips?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
SBRedFlag
Third Nation
SBRedFlag

Nation Reputation : 11

feed back and tips? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 7:18 am

Street, I didn't use any pen tool, I just used one of the brushes from the link I gave you. It would work with any brush. I'll make something a little more detailed down the line.

As to the current one, it's not bad, but I don't like the text. I would never make text any of the primary colors, and never put it in a corner. Font choice could be better also.
Experiment with those three factors and it should look a lot better.
(try putting the text a little to the left from her chin, that should work better)

Optionally, just to give it some more depth, take a big (300px) soft (0% hardness) white brush and brush outside of the sig where the light is coming from, which looks like it's above where the text is now. Make sure only the edges of the brush actually make it onto the sig.

I do like the overall design. Where'd you get the picture from?
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:05 pm

Thanks guys, glad you like it.

Thanks for the input SB, I'll try to work with those suggestions. I don't have an option to adjust the hardness of the brush, I can just work with the opacity, the mode and can turn airbrush effects off/on.

I just got the image off of Google actually. It's not a render but I did crop it.

Spoiler:

*EDIT*

How does this look?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Ok, I'm looking more toward the text on this one..
Spoiler:

I hid my PSN over his left bicep, just to give an idea what I'm looking for. I'm not sure how to accomplish the effect.
If you're unsure of what I'm talking about, I"m trying to make it look like the text is come out of the render and the effect

The Axis, I'm happier with. But thoughts are always welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 4:51 am

You want it to look like eve was part of the render or you want it to blend into that explosion thing you got going on where it is now?

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 11:32 am

Blending into the explosion thing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:51 am

It does blend in, to be honest took me 3 minutes to find that...

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 10:11 pm

yeah, i guess it look alright actually.
Not looking at it for a couple of days helped.

But i have another one for you to look at. :$ Embarassed

Spoiler:

i need to replace the words with something more... effective
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 4:39 am

I like the sparkle effect you got going on under the hands, tna the back ground is good.
For the font I would put a really small white border around the lettering.

Is it the phrase itself that you wanna change? Like instead of "Stay red like Moulin" would you wanna change it to something like "Never bet on Black" Something like that?

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I like the sparkle effect you got going on under the hands, tna the back ground is good.
For the font I would put a really small white border around the lettering.

Is it the phrase itself that you wanna change? Like instead of "Stay red like Moulin" would you wanna change it to something like "Never bet on Black" Something like that?

Exactly something like that.
I need something relevant to the picture though. scratch
Back to top Go down
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:11 am

ON the Bumblebee sig.. Need to get rid of/change up the text on the left. Your PSN on the right is easy to make more visible. In the future either put a very translucent outer glow of one of the darkest colors in the sig around it, or just repeat the text in a new layer below it and turn the opacity down in a darker shade. It will blend and pop at the same time.
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:15 am

Right on!
Thanks for the tip!
I'll change that around and get these two bad boys up as soon as i get the chance to! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 4:24 am

Thinking Moulin got you seeing Rouge?

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 11:36 am

Lol, Liam it doesn't have to have the same words Razz!
Just relevant to the picture. I know i'm getting picky. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 12:08 pm

I havent been putting much thought into what I'm going to put on the "moulin" one...TBH
BUT
I did change the font on the PSN and got rid of the clan tag.
It's pleasant Smile
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 6:31 pm

Maybe you could perhaps make it look like he's "shooting out" your PSN name. For me it's hard to see in it's current location due to how close the colors are, and I didn't originally notice it was there until you pointed it out lol. Hope that feedback helps.

*EDIT*

Ok so I'm a bit stumped. Maybe you guys can help me out, but I have no friggin' idea on how to get effects like the backround of this going on:

Anybody have any ideas? Just the way the background looks is what I'm after. The renders and whatnot I have ideas to do with, but I just seem to can't get anything close to those bg effects, and I think that really hurts the overall quality of my sigs. Eve, Banded and SB, you guys seem to be the masters of that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:00 am

eve_ofdestructin wrote:
Lol, Liam it doesn't have to have the same words Razz!
Just relevant to the picture. I know i'm getting picky. Embarassed

To be honest with ya I'm stuck can't think of any good phrases.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:56 pm

so ive let this rot in PS because i havent had time and now i cant remember what i was going to do so im stuck :/ any help would be appreciated

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 4:31 am

Thinking Burn or dodge a red layer onto the cad?

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 9:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
so ive let this rot in PS because i havent had time and now i cant remember what i was going to do so im stuck :/ any help would be appreciated

Spoiler:

the background needs to be something other than white.
Try blurring the C4D in the background to add 3point perspective. You have a foreground and a background, make the bot the middle ground and the focal. so blur the bot around the blue on it's torso and below and a bit of the shoulders.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:39 am

Yeah I couldn't think of what to put as a background I just kept staring at it
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 10:06 pm

the character in your sig now seems similar to the one you are working with.
The gray goes well.
You could also pull two colours off the render and do one of the circular gradient maps to bring out the focal.Smile
or even just a simple B/W clouds render selection. Smile
up to you though Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: feed back and tips?   feed back and tips? - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

feed back and tips?
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: User Gen :: Graphic Artists (sigs, manip, etc)-
Jump to: