The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:30 am

Not a bad way to go about it. A game very very rarely leaves my room. Unless I'm moving or Lisa says "Yeah sure you can borrow that." to someone. Then I find out. My eye doesn't stop twitching for a while.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Is that just Thor in that picture Liam or is it an Avengers storyline? I can see Hulk on the side so I'm just curious. I want to start reading that storyline at some point.

Also I'm sure it's better to have a twitchy eye than twitchy bowels...
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:24 pm

I only have 16 disc games, Dead Space 1 on the console hardrive and a few PSN games. I'll take a pic of my measly collection cos I'm like that Razz . Cos of exams, still haven't touched BioShock 2 and Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:30 pm

I try my hardest to avoid buying/starting new games when it comes to finals. I remember I put off buying Skyrim last fall until after Finals week was over. Good decision on my part lol.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:00 am

Same here, especially when it comes to big RPG's like Fallout and Skyrim .

Anyway, here's my small but adequate game collection Smile, it's actually 17 games.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:55 am

I did have more, but I traded in a few of my PS3 games, and sold a couple others to a friend. I currently have 22.

Spoiler:

Excuse my quick crappy picture lol. My room is quite dark at night with just a little lamp.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Is that just Thor in that picture Liam or is it an Avengers storyline? I can see Hulk on the side so I'm just curious. I want to start reading that storyline at some point.

Also I'm sure it's better to have a twitchy eye than twitchy bowels...
I think its a comic anthology books featuring individualy story lines of the Avengers, or just a hardbook cover of the 10 first comic books or something :/
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:00 am

@Street: It's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Lisa gets them for me every two weeks, she figures since I like comic book movies she might as well get them for me. I never really had any growing up so it's nice to get them.

I wouldn't really worry about the size of a collection it's more the quality. Also I've being collecting since the Sega Mega Drive. Pretty much all my money went into games, and I being making money since I was 13, all that spent on games.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:48 am

That Marvel Comic stuff looks real cool Liam, I'm fairly interested in that sort of stuff too Wink. Damn Liam, what job does all this money come from and do you have time to play everything ?. Very impressive collection.

My money comes from pocket money (chores) and a poorly paid paper run. I'm fairly proud of my 18 games with that income and I still make a profit most months. I am currently looking for a part-time job so I can actually have more freedom to save,invest and spend.

I usually only buy highly recommended games and so I mainly have the usual favorites such as COD, Skyrim, Uncharted, God of War etc. I sometimes spend hours at the mall trying to find cheap. good games or hunting for the best price, all worth it Smile. I am not one to waste money and games aren't cheap in NZ .

Is there a thread on gaming collections/gaming spending patterns etc. ?, if not I could create one ?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:54 am

Started Baking @ 13, Commis Chef at 16, head chef at 18, then went into computers and advertising at 22, being doing that since.

It also helps that being deaf got you €160 a week in disability from the age of 16. Most of that I gave to my mother and kept some for myself. When I worked full time I was only allowed to earn €120 a week, most of which I gave to my parents. Then I moved out got an office job where I could earn more and dropped the Disability. Earned a lot of money, then the market crashed and now I earn enough to keep a roof over my head and food in my belly with some beer on the weekend.

\_(o.o)_/ I'm pretty much well off.

As to your other question, I don't see a thread on collections or on buying habits. You could go ahead and make one under the General discussion on the Video Game Head Quarters.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 1:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
@Street: It's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Lisa gets them for me every two weeks, she figures since I like comic book movies she might as well get them for me. I never really had any growing up so it's nice to get them.

Ah that's pretty cool. I've been buying some of the Ultimate Collections for a few series. Right now I have Ultimate X-Men: Ultimate Collections 1-4, and Ultimate Spider-Man: Ultimate Collection Vol. 1. I perfer the collections because it's cheaper than buying all of the individual volumes. If I can find collections (and I'm sure they exist) for some of the other ones like Ultimate Avengers, I'll start getting into those. I was never really into comics myself as a youngster, but I did watch all the comic book based cartoons of the 90's. Spider-Man quickly surpassed Batman as my favorite, then X-Men took 2nd. I've got a sweet X-Men poster that I framed and hung on my wall. This is what I have, but mine isn't the textless version. It says "X-Men: Messiah Complex" on the bottom right of the one I have. I'm looking for a nice Spider-Man one of the same size to hang next to it on the other side of the wall behind my TV.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:16 am

Nice, I am going to continue this convo over at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Thanks for the link. I'll be there shortly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Make that 21 Platinum trophies. Whoo
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:13 am

Done Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 6:29 pm

On a roll right now. Make that 22 Plats. Just finished up Sly 2.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 3:25 am

Oh, so your getting easy plats off those like I did Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:15 am

Bahaha yes. It's more of me just wanting to play through the series since I missed out on the 2nd and 3rd game when I was younger. It's not my fault the plats are ridiculously easy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:24 am

What a coincidence. I'm at 22 as well. Smile
Jak and Daxter Trilogy. Still need to get the second one's plat.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:56 am

Second one is the most challenging. Collecting all the precursor orbs in that game requires some patience. Third game is pretty hard, but all in all much easier since you can actually go back and get orbs you missed. I got all of them a few years back, and it was quite the achievement for me.

The Precursor Legacy is insanely easy, though. Got that plat the night I got the game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 3:13 pm

Yeah, I've just got the races and Onin's tent game left. It was at this point I decided a break was in order. Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:21 pm

Yeah, the races can be a pain. I almost got all gold back when I was a kid, but that was with practice. And I loved Onin's tent game. It's so easy...
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:47 pm

Compared to the satellite game? Yeah. Still don't look forward to having to get 1,000 points on it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 11:02 pm

That satellite game was one of my least favorite challenges. Took a while to get a high score, and one small mistake screws you up BAD. Gun challenges were easier on Jak 3, at least.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 4:25 am

First to 25 Plats wins.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !   THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS ! - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE GUINNESS THREAD OF NATION RECORDS !
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Community Gatherings :: Contests and Events-
Jump to: