The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Empty
PostSubject: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 7:41 pm

You fools thought you had stopped us, thought that we had been vanquished.
No, we have been merely biding our time. Waiting for that right moment to strike.
With the PSN outage, an opportunity has arosen. A weakness.

The Aura has returned, and we are claiming this forum as our own. Resist and be destroyed.
Face it mortals, you can not stop us. A miscalculation saved you from our wrath the last time, and that will not happen again.
No, victory is all but assured...

The rules of this civil war are simple. There will be a limit of 4 teams, the Aura and three others. Four usergroups will be made, and the Aura will be the only
"private" one. If you want to lead a team, just post here and arrangements will be made. Once the four teams have been set, users will be free to join them (If you want to join the Aura, PM me and Ill add you in).

Declarations/Point System:
There is a twist in how points will be awarded in this Civil War. Each console game will be considered "territory". When a team wins a match on a game, they will be awarded a point on that specific territory. Whoever has the most points at the end of the war on that territory wins said territory, and whichever team has the most territory points wins the war. There are two types of territory, major (worth three points) and minor (worth one point).

Major Territory:
Resistance 2
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Killzone 3

Minor Territory:
Any game not listed above.

This setup would reduce the impact of a team's dominance over one game. This forces teams to balance themselves out in hopes of winning on multiple games.

The declaration thread will be used to challenge opposing teams to matches.

And so the war begins. Good luck, and happy gaming everyone.

Factions

The Aura
Possibly Not Cobalt Monkey
The Ninjas

Last edited by Not Cobalt Monkey on Mon May 16, 2011 7:32 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : link to usergroup)
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 8:13 pm

Yay this looks like good fun, I had looked over the previous Civil war threads not long ago I had hoped for a new one that I could compete in, finally!

I have a couple of questions:
One problem with Black Ops how do you decide who hosts the match? As it can make a huge difference and could be the difference between winning and losing.

When a leader (I assume only leaders can make declarations) makes a declaration, do they have to specify another faction to face or can it be left open and does the other faction have to accept? If they can't meet the declaration (say not enough players have the game in the faction) then what happens?

When does it finish?

Looking forward to it, although I haven't decided yet if I will be a leader or a follower yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 8:37 pm

Hey Flight, the war itself will begin next Saturday. This will give everyone time to start/join teams. Im hoping to have to go on for a couple of months too.

As for declarations, both members and team leaders can make them. As for matches, I'd say do a best of three type deal. One team gets to choose a map, the next team chooses a map, and if there is a third game, it should be mutually decided. Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Ok just an fyi R

At the bottom of the OP I have added a "Factions" section with links straight to the factons usergroup. That way, people can apply through the usergroup page as well. It will make adding the members easier for faction leaders and will ensure requests to join a faction are not missed in posts.

As more teams are made, so will their usergroups, with the faction leader sitting as the user group Mod. That way they too can add who needs to be added etc.

You can also access the usergroup listing from the Nav button, and using the drop down bar to locate the group you want.
But the list on the OP will save people that headache.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 8:59 pm

Thanks Six. I went ahead and made the Aura a closed group. To anyone that wants to join us, simply send me a PM and Ill add you. B)

Lets see some other teams form first, though! Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:02 pm

Not quite sorry Ratchet, for the Black Ops question I wanted to know who hosts the matches as Black Ops uses p2p host system instead of dedicated servers so someone playing in a game where they are far away from the host would be at a HUGE disadvantage as they are lagged behond what is actually happening in the game. This could prove to be a problem as we have members from all around the world and a loss could be simply because one team had much better connections to the host.

Also, you didn't really answer this question: When a faction makes a declaration:

1. Do they have to specify another faction to face or can it be left open?
2. Does the other faction have to accept?
3. If they faction which is challenges can't meet the declaration and can't compete (say not enough players have the game in the faction) then what happens?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:09 pm

@FlightOfGrey wrote:
Not quite sorry Ratchet, for the Black Ops question I wanted to know who hosts the matches as Black Ops uses p2p host system instead of dedicated servers so someone playing in a game where they are far away from the host would be at a HUGE disadvantage as they are lagged behond what is actually happening in the game. This could prove to be a problem as we have members from all around the world and a loss could be simply because one team had much better connections to the host.

Also, you didn't really answer this question: When a faction makes a declaration:

1. Do they have to specify another faction to face or can it be left open?
2. Does the other faction have to accept?
3. If they faction which is challenges can't meet the declaration and can't compete (say not enough players have the game in the faction) then what happens?

Oh, my apologies. I suppose after every match the host will be switched. Or even better, a third party could host and have the two factions battle it out. That would certainly level the playing field.

As for actual declarations, in the old civil war I generally mixed up the declarations. If you want to challenge a specific faction or person, that is fine. You can also, like you said, just leave the challenges open for anyone to accept. Factions must accept a challenge if they are in the lead on a certain territory. If they arent, they may reject the challenge. If there isnt enough players to meet a declaration, then that challenge cannot be accepted.
Back to top Go down
X-FACTOR29
Third Nation
X-FACTOR29

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:29 pm

This sounds very interesting...
hmm i would love to make one but a leader should have all games IMO and i only got two of those (COD and UC2) and the fact that not many know me Thinking
so i'll wait it up and see whos team "reals" me in lol
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:34 pm

Oh, the Aura. That group.

You didn't scare me last time and I'm not scared now. Cool
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:54 pm

huffs and puffs

Im sorry
Came as fast I could.
I thought I just heard a gauntlet drop and thought someone might need a hand picking it up?

Laughing
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:42 pm

After....

looks at other post

not even a full hours worth of time I have decided to make a group.

We shall be called NOT COBALT MONKEY
Our sole purpose will be to dominate the map, and sweep the forum in our Cobalt Monkey disguises. Unless of coarse, the real Cobalt Monkey joins, and then I guess really we couldnt call ourselves Not cobalt monkey. I guess we would be Possibly Not Cobalt Monkey.

Thinking

Possibly Not Cobalt Monkey
shall take on The Aura. With luck other teams will find their way here. In the mean time....

Its on like Donkey Kong!
erm, I mean.....

It's on like Possibly Not Cobalt Monkey!
Who's with me?

I have even made these mini sigs to bribe people onto my team

The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Cobalt-1

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 1:03 am

Hey, that's not me! That's not me at all!
Or is it?
Thinking

Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 3:57 am

@ the Aura what would be the advantage of being with you do you
have cake ???

@Possibly Not Cobalt Monkeys. since you are possible not cobalt Monkey
dose this mean plenty of drinking and the eating off the bacon ???
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 4:07 am

Possibly. Who can say?
Shrug

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 4:22 am

(O.o)
Kay the entire second page made me confused. I'm going back to bed.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:30 am

@wadey wrote:
@ the Aura what would be the advantage of being with you do you
have cake ???

@Possibly Not Cobalt Monkeys. since you are possible not cobalt Monkey
dose this mean plenty of drinking and the eating off the bacon ???

Possibly not cobalt monkey fully endorses the eating of bacon, but we do not advise drinking it.
In fact, every day is bacon day at Possibly Not Cobalt Monkey

I dont hear the Aura saying that.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:57 am

you raise some good points and you have won the debate
i swear my allegiance to Possibly not cobalt monkeys
i am all yours noaw wheres my jug of bacon Razz

do we need names with monkey in them or not .
if yes i would like bacon monkey
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:03 am

"Possibly not Bacon Monkey." Or how about "Maybe Wadey".

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:04 am

@wadey wrote:

You dont HAVE to have a monkey name, but this a great idea, and why it is obvious you belong in the ranks of Possibly Not Cobalt Monkey
Please also feel free to copy the image location of our monkey sig and place it in your sig box too.

Do you want me to change your name?
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:06 am

Lol... brilliant points there The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! 514319 You almost convince me too...

The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! SeyThe Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! 2ba0co
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:14 am

Not Cobalt Monkey wrote:
@wadey wrote:

You dont HAVE to have a monkey name, but this a great idea, and why it is obvious you belong in the ranks of Possibly Not Cobalt Monkey
Please also feel free to copy the image location of our monkey sig and place it in your sig box too.

Do you want me to change your name?

bacon monkey would make me laugh every time i log on so yes why not .

Thinking Shrug Possibly because im Not a Cobalt Monkey
or is this the real cobalt Monkey Razz
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:39 am

Is it worth signing up just so I can become EatTheMonkey for a couple of weeks?
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:40 am

@eattheword wrote:
Is it worth signing up just so I can become EatTheMonkey for a couple of weeks?
The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! 886746
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:46 am

I could easily see elfin monkey and eatthemonkey among our numbers.

What do you think fellow monkies?

Spoiler:

They seem to like the idea.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 6:48 am

sounds like a win to me
love the pic as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!   The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sixth Nations Civil War 3: The Aura Returns!
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Community Gatherings :: Contests and Events :: The Sixth Nations Civil War-
Jump to: