The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

[REQUEST] Music for working out

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

[REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:46 pm

OK two things, Stronger is Kanye just rapping over the song Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk, and the other is that matt I listen to plenty of gothic metal and to tell you the truth it covers very little about violence, that is more black/death metal, gothic metal covers more religion, depressive love, and gothic/vampire horror, although there is some violence it is very rarely present
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:47 pm

true dat lol
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:10 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
OK two things, Stronger is Kanye just rapping over the song Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk, and the other is that matt I listen to plenty of gothic metal and to tell you the truth it covers very little about violence, that is more black/death metal, gothic metal covers more religion, depressive love, and gothic/vampire horror, although there is some violence it is very rarely present

yeah, well aware of that, but it doesn't make the song bad.
IMO
So that's why it's in my list of workout songs ;D
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:10 am

oh its not a bad song, I like it myself, just not everybody knows that, and if you haven't listened to Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger you should totally go do that
Back to top Go down
La-BeaN_bag
Third Nation
La-BeaN_bag

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:33 pm

Gothic metal's alright, some of its really good and some of its pretty lame. It just seems that most gothic musicians and listeners are kinda...snobby IMO. Have some fun:P

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alright seriously now, heres some awesome ska from my hometown!!Very Happy= :D Enjoy

Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:12 pm

the thing about gothic metal is that it is a very loosely defined genre, its like a power metal band with a female singer can be described as a gothic metal band
Back to top Go down
La-BeaN_bag
Third Nation
La-BeaN_bag

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:18 pm

Yea definatly, i know what you mean. Im kinda torn about genres though, half of thinks they shouldn't matter...but half of me kinda does, i don't know.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:00 pm

What is really crazy is when the fans of bands get into arguments about whether or not a band fits into a genre, I see it all the time with Dimmu Borgir, some people say that they aren't Black Metal and then there are those of us who just call them by what everybody else calls them-Symphonic Black Metal
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:53 pm

Thing about genre is it puts bands into a box. IMHO,that kind of limits artists ,it quashes experimentation and stifles creativity. I try to ignore specific labels and stay with pretty general terms if possible. Some of my favorite tunes are from "unplugged" performances or the use of unorthodox instruments.
Back to top Go down
La-BeaN_bag
Third Nation
La-BeaN_bag

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:36 pm

^^ I definatly agree!! But i do think genres can be a useful way for people to find more musicians they enjoy listening to. I think they should just be very general, none of this symphonic or non symphonic stuff. Although...there is apart of me that cringes and the idea of a metal core band and a prog metal band both being regarded as metal, it just wouldn't be fair for the progressive musicians:P
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 6:06 pm

LOL beanbag. When Mettalica performed with a full symphony orchestra... they received death threats from disgruntled fans. affraid
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:59 pm

Today's metal fans HATE when bands try to experiment with new sounds, happened to The Kovenant and now it is happening to Dimmu Borgir and Sirenia, it just makes me want to go "Shut up and enjoy the music or gtfa people!"
Back to top Go down
La-BeaN_bag
Third Nation
La-BeaN_bag

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 10:09 am

Did they actually!?!?! Ahaha!!Razz And yea alot of people don't understand that (most of the time) change is good!! It means the musicians are developing and experimenting to make better music. Or it could mean they're selling out...Razz
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:06 pm

Found a couple: "Let's Start a Riot", by Three Days Grace, "8 Mile", "Talking to Myself", and "Rabbit Run", all by Eminem
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Matt, I think the song you are thinking of by Three Days Grace is simply called Riot, but yeah its a pretty good song to listen to while working out, but I don't tend to listen to it while working out.

I've discovered some new things to work out to recently:

Basically the entire Evangelion album by Behemoth
the entire Blood Magick Necromance album by Belphegor
Blashyrkh (Mighty Ravendark) and All Shall Fall by Immortal
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:38 pm

Led Zeppelin - when the levee breaks. Pumps me up everytime I listen to it!
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:01 pm

Led Zeppelin - when the levee breaks. Pumps me up everytime I listen to it!

A thank you won't do it, but it's all I can say right now.
Such a good song.....literally have goosebumps all over as I listen to it.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Found a couple: "Let's Start a Riot", by Three Days Grace, "8 Mile", "Talking to Myself", and "Rabbit Run", all by Eminem

Thanks matt, had them on my mp3 player already though Wink
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:42 pm

Thanks matt, had them on my mp3 player already though Wink
Didn't know you listened to Eminem. Smile
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:34 am

Was really into hiphop & r'n'b when I was younger and my brother listens to it exclusively, so I can't escape it, haha.

More awesome workout music:

Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:49 am

I hear ya there, Reo, I am forced to listen to it all the time at school, my town is obsessed with mainstream crap, I can barely stand it and I make it known
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [REQUEST] Music for working out   [REQUEST] Music for working out - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[REQUEST] Music for working out
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Music-
Jump to: