The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.


Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community
 
Log inHomePortalRegisterGallerySearch
Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 
 

 Extra Life $237 raised so far

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My spam fest continues.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is a page where you can sponsor me for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It is an event scheduled for next Saturday October 15th. After seeing someone else involved in this and investigating I unfortunately had to accept the fact that as badly as I wanted to sponsor and donate...I just couldn't. So I have decided to play and hope instead to find others who can sponsor me. I need your help. There is just a little over a week for me to gain some sponsors. I have already reached the first goal of 100 dollars. But I still need the support of others. Dont think of it as a loss in time promoting someone elses efforts. Dont see it as money sent to help people you dont even know. Look at it as the possibility of a new children's hospital. A new lab for blood work. The funds to pay the salary of the doctors. Instead I ask you to think of someones kid laying on that new bed you helped pay for, and rest knowing you did something to help them and help improve their quality of or even a chance at life. This isnt a region thing. It isnt exclusively a community thing.
Its a people thing.

This post has 2 goals.

One, to ask for your monetary support. Again, the goal was only $100, but I've never been one to settle on the first obtainable goal. You can donate by a few methods in sums of
$12
$25
$50
$100
or enter your own amount in the Other box.
It is a one lump sum donation that is immediately placed towards the organization of my choice. I have chosen Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago.

On your donation, starting Oct. 15, 2011, at 8 am I'll play video games for 24 hours straight. I plan to post updates along the way next Sat, here in this topic and at the 6th Nations [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Over the week, I will be making an itinerary of sorts and will post my battle plan here. 24 hours is a long time. I am up for it, and play for those who donated through me, and the ones we are helping together.

The second...to ask for your in game/ moral support. 24 hours is a long time and I look to my buddies now to keep me company as I run this marathon of sorts. Sometimes I get bored playing games after 1 hour. This really wont be as easy as it sounds. Keep me company when and if you happen to be on PSN, or shoot me an invite to what ever game you are playing. Trust me....I'll have time.

Next year we will go bigger, and set up a Sixth Nation team. We'd be able to do much more that way.

Thanks for reading. Thanks for donating. Thanks for helping those who need it.

Six




Last edited by Six on Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:29 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:19 pm

i assume you wont be playing r3 the whole time. what kind of schedule do you have planned, if you have one planned?
i'll see if i can get on with you at different parts of the day

as for the money. im a college student, that should explain enough Razz
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:25 pm

I should formulate a plan I suppose. But with the number of games I have where I haven't reached full ranks, levels, etc...it shouldn't be too tough. Hell Castle Crashers alone could eat up the whole 24.
I know I should work some Zombies in there. That always eats up time.

I wish I had found out about this event sooner. With more planning we could have built a team.
Something to think about for next year for sure.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 8:29 pm

ou i'll crash some castles with you Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:45 pm

Great cause Six. If you game online or post here I will keep you up with virtual coffee!
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 10:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Great cause Six. If you game online or post here I will keep you up with virtual coffee!

Sweet. Thanks for the donation. That puts me to half.

Im glad I came across this. Ive always had a soft spot for the littles. This is a good way for me to help in some way, even if it is small.
Now I need to tell my boss I need Sat off so I can play video games all day. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:53 am

Six wrote:
I should formulate a plan I suppose. But with the number of games I have where I haven't reached full ranks, levels, etc...it shouldn't be too tough. Hell Castle Crashers alone could eat up the whole 24.
I know I should work some Zombies in there. That always eats up time.

I wish I had found out about this event sooner. With more planning we could have built a team.
Something to think about for next year for sure.

LOL , I once spent 5 hours on a single zombies playthrough Rolling Eyes . Definitely eats up time there. What about an RPG ?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 3:45 am

Wish I had online, I would so join you in games.

Schedule would be easy. Take your games line them up and decide to beat each one, right after the other.

__________________________

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:38 am

That would probably do it too. I havent even beaten any of them tbh. Poor Capelli is trapped in New York atm, the ISA are still pinned down and occupying Helgast, and sack boy is wondering when he might actually get to see LBP2.


They woldnt be sharing a drink in any commercial for me anyhow.

To Six! That bastard left me for dead to go play MP instead.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:41 am

LULZ!

__________________________

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks for the donation from Black label! That put me at goal. Now to try to go past goal. Please pass the link along to any you may know who may want to support. There is still one whole week before the event. This is money being put into children's hospitals and I cant think of a better way to help donate my time. But I still need the support of others. Dont think of it as a loss in time promoting someone elses efforts. Dont see it as money sent to help people you dont even know. Look at it as the possibility of a new children's hospital. A new lab for blood work. The funds to pay the salary of the doctors. Think of the kid laying on that new bed and rest knowing you did something to help them and help improve their quality of life. This isnt a region thing. It isnt exclusively a community thing.
Its a people thing.


Over the week, I will be making an itinerary of sorts and will post my battle plan here. 24 hours is a long time. Sometimes I get bored playing games after 1 hour. This really wont be as easy as it sounds. I am up for it, and play for those who donated through me, and the ones we are helping together.

Ive found I am able to play any game, as long as it is a "video game".
This includes FB games/ phone apps, etc, and anything PC. I plan to mix it all up to keep me moving, awake, etc. Suggestions welcome still. I haven't pulled an all nighter since....well, I was young enough to be able to.

I also plan to post updates along the way next Sat, here in this topic, and at the 6th nations FB group page.

Thanks again to all who have supported me in this. Next year we will go bigger, and set up a Sixth Nation team. We'd be able to do much more that way.
Back to top Go down
matt
Seventh Nation
matt

Nation Reputation : 9

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2011 7:08 pm

Six wrote:
Thanks for the donation from Black label! That put me at goal. Now to try to go past goal. Please pass the link along to any you may know who may want to support. There is still one whole week before the event. This is money being put into children's hospitals and I cant think of a better way to help donate my time. But I still need the support of others. Dont think of it as a loss in time promoting someone elses efforts. Dont see it as money sent to help people you dont even know. Look at it as the possibility of a new children's hospital. A new lab for blood work. The funds to pay the salary of the doctors. Think of the kid laying on that new bed and rest knowing you did something to help them and help improve their quality of life. This isnt a region thing. It isnt exclusively a community thing.
Its a people thing.


Over the week, I will be making an itinerary of sorts and will post my battle plan here. 24 hours is a long time. Sometimes I get bored playing games after 1 hour. This really wont be as easy as it sounds. I am up for it, and play for those who donated through me, and the ones we are helping together.

Ive found I am able to play any game, as long as it is a "video game".
This includes FB games/ phone apps, etc, and anything PC. I plan to mix it all up to keep me moving, awake, etc. Suggestions welcome still. I haven't pulled an all nighter since....well, I was young enough to be able to.

I also plan to post updates along the way next Sat, here in this topic, and at the 6th nations FB group page.

Thanks again to all who have supported me in this. Next year we will go bigger, and set up a Sixth Nation team. We'd be able to do much more that way.
Good job, and idea Six. Smile
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 5:10 pm

A thanks to Madformelons. We are now at 125 dollars guys. On behalf of myself, Extra Life, and Childrens memorial I thank you. This is a good thing and it couldn't happen with out the support of people like you all. We can still gain more. Pass the link. Tell your friends. Even if they don't donate through me direct and just donate to the program, play themselves...what ever. Every little bit helps improve the chances or quality of life for some little person. Look for updates on the SixthNation FB Group [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] next Saturday. Ill also be posting here in this topic through out the day to help you all track progress and see your money hard at work. Next year we go bigger! Thanks again.

I also kind of updated the OP to make it look all nice and flashy.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeSun Oct 09, 2011 10:37 pm

I would love to donate to the cause, Six, but I just don't have the means to do it atm, wish you luck on the 15th, make sure you get plenty of sleep in the days leading up to the date
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:17 am

No doubt. Im going to stock up on energy drinks and the like as well. A long time ago I remember hearing on a local radio station the djs reading a list of things used by certain artists as they recorded recent albums

x amount of drumsticks
x amount of fast food wrappers
etc.


I hope to kind of do the same. I want to keep a running total of the number the of energy drinks, the number of games, the number of....well....what ever I can think of. I thought it might be a neat little thing to have to read in retrospect.


And even moral support is support. Thanks V
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 6:41 am

Take an extra day off work for after the event too if you can.

__________________________

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 7:21 am

i am away on a bender this weekend so idk if i will catch ya six best of luck though mate Smile
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:38 am

Six wrote:
No doubt. Im going to stock up on energy drinks and the like as well. A long time ago I remember hearing on a local radio station the djs reading a list of things used by certain artists as they recorded recent albums

x amount of drumsticks
x amount of fast food wrappers
etc.


I hope to kind of do the same. I want to keep a running total of the number the of energy drinks, the number of games, the number of....well....what ever I can think of. I thought it might be a neat little thing to have to read in retrospect.


And even moral support is support. Thanks V

Would you be willing to post up this list? I'm very curious to see how much of this stuff you can go through in 24 hrs
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Six wrote:
No doubt. Im going to stock up on energy drinks and the like as well. A long time ago I remember hearing on a local radio station the djs reading a list of things used by certain artists as they recorded recent albums

x amount of drumsticks
x amount of fast food wrappers
etc.


I hope to kind of do the same. I want to keep a running total of the number the of energy drinks, the number of games, the number of....well....what ever I can think of. I thought it might be a neat little thing to have to read in retrospect.


And even moral support is support. Thanks V

Would you be willing to post up this list? I'm very curious to see how much of this stuff you can go through in 24 hrs

Oh definitely. That was my plan.

I want to start working a rough schedul too but dont know if i will have the time before the weekend. I want to throw some old school FoM in, and was I thinking about asking if anyone has some vid cap equipment and can hang out with me a game or two in something just so we have some screen caps and vids too.


Last edited by Six on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 26

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 5:44 pm

Here's a little motivation Very Happy= :D

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:53 pm

I saw G4 tv is playing for this charity. Looks like they have some sponsors. A 6th Nation team could be something to work on for next year. I'll save up my pennies for it.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:05 pm

It seems a lot of devs do too. The Behemoth team has over 12 grand in donations so far.
But yeah. I think Im more pumped for next year than I am this one. It will be cooler having a bunch of us together.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:11 pm

oh totally count me in for next year, depending on my gaming/financial situation of course
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:26 am

Well thats what I like about this one. All I have to donate is time to the pledge drive, and then the gaming. I would donate money too if i could, but as usual the money is funny and the change gets strange. So its something I can help with, but dont have to have money to do myself.


Up to $150 raised now.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 5:38 am

Nice one.

__________________________

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Extra Life $237 raised so far Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 

Extra Life $237 raised so far

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Community Gatherings :: Contests and Events-
Jump to: