The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Extra Life $237 raised so far

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Extra Life $237 raised so far - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:33 am

So far, more bejeweled blitz and various flash games.

Going to close her out laid back style. It actually turned out to be a little more difficult than I had anticipated. It wasnt even getting past the monotony or anything. It was the physical things I didnt expect. Like, starting and going most of the first half on button mashers was a mistake. It wasnt so much my thumbs were getting sore as the tendons in my hands and wrist.
I can close my eyes and just see flashing lights that were burned into my retna 18 hours ago. Stuff like that.
It is possible it seems to play so much vg's you start to feel spinny in the head and all vertigoed out. At least for me.
Most importantly, waking up at 6 am to play a 24 hour event that starts at 8. Those 2 hours would have helped at the end.
Next year I will have to plan and prepare better.

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:39 am

Git 'er done Six ! You can do it !! *sneaks Six one of his rumatiz pills*
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Okay

10 A.m to 1 P.m represented the last 3 hours of my 24. I have to say, this was a real fun thing to do.With it all said and done, I cant say enough how awesome it is to help others more unfortunate than yourself. I went in just happy to reach the minimum "requested" amount of 100 dollars in pledges they asked for, and was even more thrilled to go a little over that. That final grand total of my pledges remains at 237 dollars. Added in to the total amount raised by everyone who participated in this event, the Children's Miracle Network on a whole received
1,100,000 dollars just in this one event yesterday. As I said a week ago, every little bit helps, and it all adds up huge. Thanks again to all who helped make that number.

I had expected that reaching the end of this that I would be happy to have it done, and would probably never want to grab a controller or mouse again. On the contrary, I learned a few things about my gaming self in this. You cant take the game out of a gamer. Hordes of villains slayed. Thousands of rounds fired. Too many Bejeweled Blitz gems swapped to count. I LOVED IT, and am a little sad it is over now.

Through the last 24 hours:

I have played

Castle Crashers
Resistance 3
Superstardust
Plants Vs. Zombies
Bejeweled Blitz
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Mario Kart Circuit (GBA)
Pop It
infamous
TMNT Turtles Through Time

and a few other various flash games to the ones listed above

I have consumed

3 Halloween Pop Tarts
1 sandwhich
4 slices of pizza
2 Excedrin Head ache tablets

Three pots of coffee (roughly 36 cups)
2 5 Hour Energy drinks
2 regular sized Red Bulls
2 bottles of water
and a can of diet soda (what. I have to keep this girlish figure somehow)

I unlocked

4 Trophies
2-3 gained Ranks in various FPS

Completed

3 story modes
One kick ass charity event

1,248 Zombies were slayed
53,900 coins earned in Bejeweled Blitz
29,400 Human soldiers deployed in Global Resistance
12 Psn Messages were sent with even more FB updates and posts here
10 pee breaks were had (hey. I drank a lot of chiz)
24 cigarettes smoked (smoking is bad kids. Dont start)
2 full recharges of PS Dual shock controls
1 headset accidentally broken Sad

Number of times I wish I hadnt done this after all...0

Cant wait until next year!

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 3:27 pm

Congrats, Sixer. Glad you had fun with it. Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 6:57 pm

nice one six did i catch you yesterday before the 24 hours was up ?
i had just got back from my trip and wondered if i would find you still
going even if it was just a couple games Smile

did you like my Auger dance 1 guy from our team must of hated it he was
punching me while i was popin shields every where.cracked me up
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:40 pm

You had a perfect circle of them. It was like an auger wadey Stonehenge.
But yup, those few we played were "on the clock".

And thanks for reminding me. I forgot some of the most important thank you's. The peeps who kept me company in games.

wadey
jon
B (even though we never did get the stupid Castle Crasher invites to work, the thought was there and I appreciate it)
Groovster (even though I am not sure I can forgive him for the HC TDMs)
Biggest love to my my two littles. They were right there with me through every day light hour playing games, keeping tallies of things. Yesterday, I couldnt have found 2 bigger fans and cheer leaders. They were just awesome.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 11:42 pm

Congrats Six cheers . Good to see some COD: Zombies in there lol
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:42 am

congrats! so how long was your sleep after the whole marathon?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 4:20 am

Fair play to ya Six. Well done sir.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 5:29 am

Mitchellkillgour wrote:
Congrats Six cheers . Good to see some COD: Zombies in there lol
Man I forgot how fun Zombies is. And I see they have a lot of new dlc. I so wish I had the money for them. Moon looks neat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
congrats! so how long was your sleep after the whole marathon?
5 hours

Fair play to ya Six. Well done sir.
Thanks. I had a lot of fun really. There were only a couple points where it became an actual challenge.
Otherwise the time actually goes much faster than you would think.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 7:59 am

Great work! I wish I could have donated or joined online, but with work, the kids and the wife on pat leave. I couldn't do any of the above...
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Hopefully you are rested and the nerves are jangling a bit less from all the caffeine your drank to stay up. Looking forward to playing for a 6th nation team next year. I bet we could raise some serious cash for a great cause.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Hopefully you are rested and the nerves are jangling a bit less from all the caffeine your drank to stay up. Looking forward to playing for a 6th nation team next year. I bet we could raise some serious cash for a great cause.

Oh, agreed. Next year we'll get it rolling as early as we can sign up and get a team going.
Im sure we could set a 1-2k dollar goal and hit it.

The funny thing about all the caffeine, its only slightly more than what I consume everyday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extra Life $237 raised so far   Extra Life $237 raised so far - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extra Life $237 raised so far
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Community Gatherings :: Contests and Events-
Jump to: