The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

19 and Counting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 5:00 pm

The Duggars of the TLC channel " 19 and Counting" have announced they are expecting child #20.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So what do you think ? Is it awesome, a disgrace, a blessing or totally effed...? Personally I think Mrs. Duggar should learn that she has a vagina and not a clown car under her dress.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:55 pm

I have twins, and I think that's crazy (but amazing!). 20 is NUTS! I know she doesn't believe in birth control, getting pregnant is God's will, but she doesn't HAVE to allow acces to her clown car! lol

The biggest issue is her age. There were complications with her last pregnancy, and even higher chance of issues this time around.

I know if I was one of her kids, I would be so upset... growin up I was strong in my conviction that my parents had sex twice! Once for my sister, and once for me. They at least had sex a minimum of 20 times!!! GAH!

PS - My wife watches this, I'm an innocent party!
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:32 pm

Disgusting.

I feel so bad for the kids that they're using for fame.

Not as bad as Jon and Kate plus 8 or whatever, but still.

Also, it seems like a horribly irresponsible move.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 11:39 pm

I've only watched them on the Today show a couple of years back, They make one of the older kids "in charge" of the babies. The older kids are really responsible for most of the day to day activities of a family cooking,cleaning that kind of stuff. I feel it robs something from your childhood to always have to do that kind of stuff.. plenty of time for that when you have your own. The way some of the things they do are organized reminded me of films of Chinese communes BTW don't forget to smile when the camera is on you. Oh yeah they do get Gov't healthcare from the Dads stint as an elected official.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 12:06 am

my girlfriend came from a family with 9 kids in it. none of the kids, youngest is 21 now, never learned how to interact well with people outside of the "pack". my gf was the oldest girl and had to take care of the rest, so she had to grow up really quick.

my opinion is that this type of lifestyle can only exist for a small small small percentage of families, and i fear that the exposure that this family gets would make others want to emulate them.

do they know what causes pregnancy? they might want to check out wikipedia.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 4:33 am

I'm just wondering, with all that coming out is there even any friction anymore? Has it become a waterslide? Bit irresponsible too. Wonder what the Child Benefits on that would be...

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:53 pm

"you shall not pass!" its going to take gandolf the grey to stop this child from entering the world. lol
Back to top Go down
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation
whatbearisbest

Nation Reputation : 3

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 1:52 pm

i was wondering this: So lets say you get like $5k or whatever it is as a deduction for each kid each year in taxes. Does this mean they get $100K each year for their kids or is there a cut off somewhere?
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:47 pm

$3,650 per dependent last year and $1000 dollar child credit for kids 17 and under. I couldn't find any llimits on the deduction so it looks like they are entitled to them. One kid is out of the house and starting his own baby factory for a Kardashian like grip on TLC.
Back to top Go down
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation
whatbearisbest

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 7:14 pm

she miscarried today. Maybe she'll get the hint that God is telling her no more
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:21 am

Or that her body thinks it needs a rest. Seriously 19 kids. It's a Vagina not a waterslide!

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:18 pm

I feel bad for them. The backstory was they had a miscarriage 18 kids ago and blamed it on their use of birth control pills. The last kid was a premature and weighed a pound and change and was in the ICU for months. Maybe they will take this to heart as a sign from God also. It has to be very hard on the other children.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:40 pm

It was bound to happen eventually, though. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], miscarriage rate is like 15-20%, so she's really above the odds. That's still gotta suck, but I can't get myself to feel bad because I'm pretty sure they were just doing it for the fame and money anyways.

Back to top Go down
whatbearisbest
Seventh Nation
whatbearisbest

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:55 pm

yeah about 1 out of every 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage, BUT she was farther along than me if she was due in April. Once you get to the second trimester and hear a heartbeat, miscarriage rates drop to less than 5%.

I seriously doubt they were having kids for money and fame. They had tons of kids before they had fame.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:00 pm

They also have a bunch of money from owning rental properties, etc.

In the end, she is in her 40's and has had issues in the past, not that this makes it any easier, but helps to understand it a bit more. No matter how far along she was, at her age, it's hard on her body, and in turn the childs.

I feel for them. It's never an easy thing.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:18 am

my girlfriends mother had 9 kids. the last one was a premature birth just like these people, so maybe quantity affects maturation in the womb?

personally i cant wait until medical technology advances to where we can grow kids in some sort of pot. throw some nutrition flakes in the goo and keep it watered. patent pending on my idea everyone!
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 11:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

personally i cant wait until medical technology advances to where we can grow kids in some sort of pot. throw some nutrition flakes in the goo and keep it watered. patent pending on my idea everyone!
"BUT THAT'S UNNATURAL IT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL WARBLGARBL"

Just like the anti stem cell research debate.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 3:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It's a Vagina not a waterslide!
cheers
Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D

lozapalooza!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:20 pm

so what we can surmise from this is: 1guy+1girl+19kids=$$$$
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:03 am

All I know is that they are the poster family for Catholicism in Ireland.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:16 am

LOL. now now dont tell them that or they might just get some endorsement deals!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:19 am

"The Catholic Church & The Vatican Proudly Sponsors 19 & Counting, this message brought to you by the Pope."

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:36 am

I'm sure they aren't Catholic tho.They are far right Conservative Christians.
Home schooling,limited internet, chaperoned dating all that kind of stuff. They do live in Arkansas.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:50 am

Shrug
All I know is that it reminds me of my Grandparents on both sides. And they were very much "Storm Troopers of the Catholic Church" Don't even know half the uncles and aunts cause it's to many names.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

19 and Counting Empty
PostSubject: Re: 19 and Counting   19 and Counting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

19 and Counting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-