The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed]

Go down 

The questions are
not too hard
Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] I_vote_lcap0%Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
not so bad
Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] I_vote_lcap0%Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
a little tricky
Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] I_vote_lcap100%Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
would be under "Superhuman" difficulty in Resistance
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed]   Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:47 pm

Hello Nation:

I happen to have some prizes and am willing to give them away for a price. (Kidding) I have a list of questions and if you PM me the answers I will put you into a draw for the prizes.

Rules:
- The contest is open to all usergroups (members, Loyalists, moderators and admins) provided that you have a minimum of 100 posts.
- You MUST private message me your answers. You will be disqualified if you post them before the contest is over.
- You will need a Steam account in order to receive the gifts. See below.

The people with the highest scores will be put into a draw for a free copy of The Orange Box ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). Depending on whether or not Steam will let me give away coupons to certain Steam accounts, runner-ups will receive a coupon of their choice.

The contest opens NOW and will be open until 31 January, 23:59 PST.
Contest is now closed.

The Trivia Questions:

I happen to have in my possession three gifts from Steam:
TokiTori coupon:

Valve catalogue coupon:

The Orange Box gift:

If you click on the images they will take you to the store pages and the requirements for the games.

Things to note:
- You will need Steam in order to receive the gift. Steam can be downloaded for free from the service's [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. If you have not purchased anything for your Steam account, you will have to tell me your account name so I can add you as a friend and send you the gift.
- If the trading is working the way I think it is, you will need to have a Steam account that has purchased something in order to trade. Free Steam accounts are restricted to prevent spamming, so many features aren't available to complimentary accounts. This means I may only be able to give the coupons to people who have purchased something on Steam. If so I will "trade" you the coupon for nothing. Razz (I would like to test this out, so if anyone is willing to help that would be great.)

2-Jan EDIT: Should be "Stormcloak" not "Stromcloak" in question list. Proofread fail.

Last edited by Azira on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed]   Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 am

I think I answered them all correct... Can't be bothered to see if Steam is available in Australia, though. Laughing GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed]   Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:35 am

There's a free point in the list too.

Steam is available in Australia, btw. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed]   Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Ten days left. Anyone who enters has a really good chance at this point. Razz
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed]   Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Well, the contest is closed now, and I'm afraid I have to say no one entered, so no one wins.
Sad

Come on people, they were free games! Razz

Anyhoo, feel free to discuss the answers to the trivia questions.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed]   Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:03 pm

if you can think of another type of contest i have just come in posession of a bunch of ps3 game promotion cards from a blockbuster closeout. i picked out the top 15 ones i could find, but they would work out as fun little gifts.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed]   Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 11:53 am

It appears that there don't seem to be many PC gamers here and/or anyone who does have a PC that can run the games already has them or doesn't want them. I got no entries for the contest.

There could be another contest, but no one seems to want my prizes.
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed]   Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 4:45 pm

ive got a netbook, lol. it will run minesweeper like youve never seen! other than that i dont have a current rig set up.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed]   Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 5:03 pm

Thanks for sharing with us anyhow Az.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed]   Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It appears that there don't seem to be many PC gamers here and/or anyone who does have a PC that can run the games already has them or doesn't want them. I got no entries for the contest.

There could be another contest, but no one seems to want my prizes.

I thought I was the only one who had a computer over a couple of years old. I used to be a computer gamer but then I realized what those games were costing me in buying computers that could handle the new ones
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed]   Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 1:00 am

If you open up a spoiler and click on the image it will take you to the game store's page which gives the minimum and recommended requirements for running the games. I know the Orange Box came out in 2007, so if your computer's a few years old it may be able to run it.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed]   Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:35 pm

I guess some people would like the answers:
Spoiler:

We should do this again for fun. Very Happy= :D

EDIT 07/05/12:

Two of the prizes have expired and I have given the last one away. No real need for this thread anymore.

Last edited by Sheogorath on Mon May 07, 2012 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Prizes no longer available)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed]   Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games of 2011 Trivia Contest [Closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Community Gatherings :: Contests and Events-
Jump to: