The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

movie recommendations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

movie recommendations  Empty
PostSubject: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:11 am

didnt see a thread so i will start one........now.

i just saw Arriety tonight and i really really enjoyed it. its based on the borrowers books with studio ghibli's animation twist to it. its light hearted and great to take the kids to.

on a funny note, as the credits were rolling the fire alarms went off in the theater. great timing for us, not so for the 100+ people in the middle of their movies! those unfortunate ones walked right out the exit and formed a line at the ticket booth outside to get refunds. i didnt see any smoke, and the firefighters werent in any hurry once they got there so it must not have been serious.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 7:05 am

I watched 'Tucker and Dale vs Evil' at the weekend, pretty funny film... Nice twist on the usual teen slasher flick. Laughing
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 5:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I watched 'Tucker and Dale vs Evil' at the weekend, pretty funny film... Nice twist on the usual teen slasher flick. Laughing

Tyler Labine is a funny actor. I've been waiting for him to be in something that is deserving of his talent. I'll check it out ... its on Netflix
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:48 am

i guess i need to rent Hugo and The Artist when they come out on video. i actually really wanted to see The Artist but it only played in one theatre 30 miles away.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 6:04 pm

The Girl that lept through time.. Rent it, Netflix it, Hulu it what ever, you just need to see this movie.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 4:50 am

"I've seen enough Hentai to know where this is going..."

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:42 am

.... aww.. wait what..
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 5:42 am

Shrug

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 2:55 pm

Watched Immortals just now. I can't say I was a huge fan. It dragged for me honestly.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:19 pm

Just drudged through the sludge of CA:TFA... I dont recommend it
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:31 pm

What does that stand for?

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Captain america: The first avenger Smile
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Ah.
It's fine up until he actually becomes Cap.
After that it becomes very cheesy, although very fitting for the time period, you must admit.
But then when they start in the actual fighting and missions, yeah it's not so good anymore.
Cap's motions in particular seem to fall into squarely into the Uncanny Valley and just don't look right. They did a much, much better job of this in Avengers.

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:49 pm

yeah I liked the first half to, it set up the characters well and steve seemed likable at the time.
what really annoyed me was that the envirements in the film all look .. barren.. and lifeless, like they are standing infront of a green screen (which they were)

Also wasn't a fan of the howling commandoes action montage.. just have a big fight scene and a couple of small ones.

Dont get me started on the final 30 minutes.. jeez, Talk about a boring climax. (not talking about the crash scene, that was actually done pretty well)
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 4:10 am

Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows. Really recommend it.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: movie recommendations    movie recommendations  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

movie recommendations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-