The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Official PS4 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 5:18 am

I just watched a video recap of the announcements (was sleeping at the time so i missed it) and what blew my mind was the ability to download a game while you play it. thats ****ing crazy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hm, what about the Sonic Generations game? Didn't they do that recently and it was kinda-sorta-successful?

They probably would have to sell it at a cheaper price than other games. The new Sly Cooper released at $40 over here, where new games are usually $60.

Didn't that game have that 3d effect where you could see what was infront of sonic when playing the "old" Sonic ? Thinking
That game had variety, 3d +2d with some new things sprinkled on there... But still, its not like anybody bought generations, even though the reviewers seem to like it, it was already in the bargain bin here in norway after about 1 month on the market.

Also Mitch, I have to say that the New IP from capcom looked... suspiciously identical to Demon/Dark souls... Or was I the only one that made the connection.

and I just want a new FPS's and third person shooters...
Most of what we have now is just sequels...
7 games of Assassins creed.
3 games of uncharted.
3 games of Dead space.
7 games of call of duty
3 games of crysis...
6 games of halo... Etc.

Its getting tired to say the least. Rolling Eyes
and since we are talking about crash, why dont you add 18 games of crash to the list....yes 18 crash games.

thats 7 from the main series, 3 for racing, 2 party, 3 spin offs, there were also 4 cancelled crash games, the last one of which was being designed by radical (devs for prototype)

also in regards to capcoms new game looking a lot like D Souls, I thought it looked a lot like dragons dogma, which is another game of capcoms
Didn't they sell the crash license ? Thinking
Quote :
If Naughty Dog can give us a new Crash Bandicoot....yes..YES!!
I disagree. for starters what made crash bandicoot so great is its gameplay. there is nothing the ps4 does that would improve crash. plus there is the fact that activision owns the crash IP.

though I would love to see a new jak game.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 11:04 am

It was confirmed that you will be able to play used games on the system , there will be no system lock on the disc games . Also kinda bummed that it won't be bacwards compatiable .
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 11:37 am

It was confirmed that you will be able to play used games on the system , there will be no system lock on the disc games . Also kinda bummed that it won't be bacwards compatiable .

Right now there are no used PS4 games, everyone has PS3 games tho LOL . There is supposed to be some sort of cloud based PS3 IP gaming. Im not sure how that will work. Everything internet related is slow for me on the PS3 compared to other machines I have that share some similar internet based stuff like Netflix or Youtube, internet TV ect. For example my desktop computer, laptop, Roku, Ipad and Android based tablet all do Netflix faster and better
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:47 pm

ive used netflix on ps3, 360, PC, and as a built in tv feature. ps3 and 360 are the fastest for me
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:22 pm

It probably depends on your PC and TV 's connection to the internet as well as the particular device and the Netflix software written for it. I'm just stating my situation. I get terrible upload and download speeds with my PS3, worse than any computing device I own.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:35 pm

and i was just stating mine. my point was that its not necessarily the fault of the ps3
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:48 pm

Imhho PSN seems slow all the time. Really terrible U/D speeds and 10 times longer to download simple files. It may not be the PS3 fault but cloud computing and other internet gaming schemes may not work with the current setup. I suspect another reason my be the HDD format Sony uses
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 7:42 pm

There will be a mono headset bundled with the PS4. It can be plugged into the controller. This will be great for any future MAG/DUST-like games that really require the communication. Very Happy= :D

Right now there are no used PS4 games, everyone has PS3 games tho LOL . There is supposed to be some sort of cloud based PS3 IP gaming. Im not sure how that will work. Everything internet related is slow for me on the PS3 compared to other machines I have that share some similar internet based stuff like Netflix or Youtube, internet TV ect. For example my desktop computer, laptop, Roku, Ipad and Android based tablet all do Netflix faster and better

They're working with Gaikai for cloud streaming games. They're hyping it up with being able to play PS1, PS2, PS3, and PSMobile titles through it. Hope they follow through and execute it correctly.

My eMac is old, so my PS3 is faster for me when it comes to YouTube, Hulu, etc. Razz [Of course, I have to use ps3youtube.com because regular YouTube and the YouTube app are terrible on the PS3.]

Not sure whether it's the PS3's fault or not. Either way, the PS4 seems closer to a PC, so if that was an issue, hopefully it's resolved for you. Have you looked into your router settings?
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 pm

I don't mind no backwards compatibility on the PS4, the launch window lineup is looking solid already and when I buy a new console I want to play games that are exclusive to that console or the generation of consoles the PS4 is part of. If you want to play older games just use the PS3 or wait for the cloud streaming service to be expanded. No biggie imo.

No backwards compatibility with controllers seems lame but then again there are fewer and fewer games that support splitscreen gaming. I'm primarily a singleplayer gamer so that doesn't bother me too much \.

The headset coming with the PS4 is great and I heard cross game chat is available on PS4 ?, seems like a similar setup to the xbox360, Sony does have a fair bit of ground to cover in the online services department so this is great news if it's all true.

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 5:24 am

considering all the new features on the controller its not surprisiing that the old ones wont work. you have issues with it only working with some games because other games might use the touch pad or move type light thing and you wouldnt be able to use tht. you also wouldnt be able to use the share features either. they also reduced the latency a bit on the controllers so im guessing they might be using a slightly different connection method that might not be easily compatibility with the older ones.

They are taking cross game chat to a whole new level.not only can you talk to each other while in different games, but you can watch your friend play, and he could even let you play.
Back to top Go down
Unzipped Zebra
First Nation
First Nation
Unzipped Zebra

Nation Reputation : 4

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 2:57 pm

Coming from the 360, I'm super excited for cross game chat finalllyy. And the extra awesome that will be coming with it.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 10:24 pm

PlayStation 4 list of info from GDC 2013.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:49 pm

Quote :
Have to enable people seeing your real name on the #PS4. Auto-enabled if you import from another social network. (Can be turned off)

Nope. I'm out. My gaming console absolutely doesn't need to track me in real life. Doesn't matter that you can turn it off. They have no right to the option.

Quote :
“Core gamers are our primary audience

Since that isn't currently where the money is, I sincerely doubt it. Especially considering the previous point, "Targeted to be the “central device in the living room”. So, they want the whole family in on it? Sounds like casual targeting to me. Besides, no matter what the machine is designed for, it's the games that will still be made with accessibility (ie, so easy a baby could beat them) as the foremost priority.

Of course, not everything I have to say is a complaint. Two long awaited changes made the list, I see.
Quote :
PS4 controller L2/R2 – Curved design to get rid of the accidental netflix fast forwarding
PS4 will charge controllers when it’s off. Unlike the PS3.
Good to see they are making some good decisions. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:40 am

I have a very common real name, how can I use it on PS4 ? I dont see why we have to do that. If its to stop bullying or something it will fail. You can ban user weinerboy as easy as you could ban him using his real name Dick Childs. I think I will enjoy some of the new social aspects tho. I'd love to watch someone from here show me how to take down a boss I cant handle for instance.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 3:37 am

The name thing seems weird, I honestly don't really mind having my name on the system, I just don't see why it has to be mandatory.

EDIT : Checked IGN, it seems we were mislead :

"At the February debut, Sony showed the PlayStation 4 dialing into your social networks and then using your real name on the console. This, as predicted, is something you’ll need to enable. If enabled, when you import your friends from social networks, you’ll use your real name. You can decide which of your PlayStation only friends see your real name, too. If any."

Nothing wrong with that !!, so it's just for facebook/twitter integration stuff, PSN-only friends don't have to see it Smile
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:27 am

I see "Have to enable people seeing your real name on the #PS4." as "Disabled automatically, you have to enable the feature." >_>

edit: I'm correct.
Quote :
As a side note, the social network features the use of true names. A player has two identities on the PS4 -- your user name and your true name. The true name will not be shown by default, but will be visible to those linked via Facebook or other trusted methods. Otherwise, you'll have to mutually agree to show true names (think Google and YouTube).

Quote :
Removing "analog" face buttons and going with digital will "cut latency way down" for the new controller.

Not sure if I like this. I can see it being a good thing, but also a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:09 pm

That's basically what my post said scratch
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:36 pm

<-<

>->

I meant to quote CobaltMonkey's post.
Back to top Go down
D1LDOBAGG1NS
Fifth Nation
D1LDOBAGG1NS

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 9:44 am

more and more I'm hearing of the new consoles makes me glad I just got a new computer, really I don't see myself buying either one now as they want to dig too far into my personal life and information. Sure you can "disable" it but really who says someone doesn't hack PSN again and bam everyone is screwed all across the board not just your PSN account this time. so until I see how they are once launched I'm not getting one.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 2:01 pm

how is that any different than having a facebook profile or anything like that in the 1st place? you dont even need to actually set up those social features if you dont want to.
Back to top Go down
D1LDOBAGG1NS
Fifth Nation
D1LDOBAGG1NS

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:29 am

really till the product is launched and we all get one we don't really know for fact what can and can't be truely activated or disabled, but from what is being said from the SONY Gaming stables I'm not happy with it. Also still wanting a price which is my deciding factor on a purchase since by specs alone my PC is still better (also as I sent them (SONY gaming) in a message/email that i want to see their console to succeed but by specs of it I'm still not impressed and want to see them actually push it farther. In all looks to be a good rig but they've played it safe in the mechanical portion of it, now in the graphics engine portion and cloud based gaming w/ friend control and all yeah they've pushed some amazing thingssome of us have been wanting to see since we were kids (in some cases here before some members were born, lol). I truely do hope they blow MSFT out of the water in the console area and push them back to where they need to be working and that's on their PC development (APPS, OS, etc) since they've been dropping the ball in that area for the past 10+ yrs. In all i just want to see more coming from Sony than just something that's been available to pc gamers for the past 5+/- years.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 4:37 pm

so i guess some one got a screen shot of the price in the uk i dont know how reliable the source is apparently the * mean To be announced lol

Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 8:59 pm

Atm here in OZ it's $899. Do not say you heard it from me as no one is meant to know the price of it yet.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 10:06 pm

i will take your word to the grave !
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 2:43 am

Atm here in OZ it's $899. Do not say you heard it from me as no one is meant to know the price of it yet.

That should make it between 500 and 600 American I'd guess. NO matter I'm holding out PS3 gmes are gonna get VERy cheap and I will play the hell out of that console until PS4 makes me buy it, unless I go Xbox one. Since neither console is backwards compatible both will be on equal footing to get my $
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official PS4 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Hardware and General Discussion-
Jump to: