The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Official PS4 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:40 am

no way the ps4 is 600 bucks. id say no higher then 500 max
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 5:56 am

If it were $600 US it would be the pinnacle of arrogance on Sony's part, considering how PS3 launched to poor sales and scathing remarks concerning it's $600 US price tag.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 8:38 am

That was a huge issue they had it was such a steep price for it , hopefully they make the same mistake . I will most likely wait a bit regardless of the initial price tag, the Xbox one would have to pull some sort of miracle for me to even consider it as a option after there release conference.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 3:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I was basing my estimate of 500 to 600 dollars on Dingos Aussie $ 899 PS4 cost. My estimate is $399 to $499 I'm basing that price on a few factors. Inflation has eroded the original price tag of around $ 600 by around 15% based on inflation rate of 2% or so a year, however the exchange rate for the Japanese Yen has dropped by 15 to 20 percent since late 2006. That pretty much evens out the inflation factor. I believe Sony learned a lesson from its high introduction price and will endeavor to keep costs down a bit this time. Still based on the possible inclusion of the, Move technology, and the computing power of the PS4 it will not be a cheap unit to make. The new controller costs a bunch more too. I'd say basic model $ 399 and deluxe model $499. It all depends on how much cost Sony is willing to eat with each unit and what is included like a game, controller or large HDD. I've seen Wall Street estimate of $350 but I think that is a little low. Hard Core gamers will be buying the first gen of the PS4 no matter what price it is. More casual gamers will start buying once the price is lowered a bit or more games/accesories are included.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Figured I should post this in the appropriate thread as well.

PS4 = $399. 399 euros. 349 pounds sterling.

PS4 will support used games. No need to be always-online. No online checkups. No authentications necessary.

Multiplayer seems to be behind the PlayStation+ subscription now. Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:52 pm

What gave you that idea?

Updating title, btw.

Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:59 pm

On PS+ being required for multiplayer?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Tretton went on to say that people without subscriptions would still be able to play single player and use the media apps.

edit:

Laughing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 11:22 pm

Oh, wow. Yeah. I see that now.
That kinda sucks.

Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:17 am

I hope it's that cheap!
I remember paying $1100 for the first pa3 that's was released that came with Rfom
Pay to play online yeh that sucks and I won't be doing that I don't think.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 1:04 am

well its rolled into PS+ so i really dont care and it doesnt effect me at all
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 1:13 am

$5 ain't a big deal when it is rolled through PS+ as nobody said. Hey, it will probably get us a better service too, Xbox Live is well known to be a better service then PSN.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:20 am

I was basing my estimate of 500 to 600 dollars on Dingos Aussie $ 899 PS4 cost. My estimate is $399 to $499 I'm basing that price on a few factors. Inflation has eroded the original price tag of around $ 600 by around 15% based on inflation rate of 2% or so a year, however the exchange rate for the Japanese Yen has dropped by 15 to 20 percent since late 2006. That pretty much evens out the inflation factor. I believe Sony learned a lesson from its high introduction price and will endeavor to keep costs down a bit this time. Still based on the possible inclusion of the, Move technology, and the computing power of the PS4 it will not be a cheap unit to make. The new controller costs a bunch more too. I'd say basic model $ 399 and deluxe model $499. It all depends on how much cost Sony is willing to eat with each unit and what is included like a game, controller or large HDD. I've seen Wall Street estimate of $350 but I think that is a little low. Hard Core gamers will be buying the first gen of the PS4 no matter what price it is. More casual gamers will start buying once the price is lowered a bit or more games/accesories are included.

Yeah thats right I said $399 suckas. I am still thinking there will be a bigger HDD model maybe a different color, game tie in or some accessory for $499
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 4:24 am

I'll wait for the middle of next year. Let the usual "Roll out bugs" get sorted.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 5:10 am

In particular that cloud service may have a few hiccups, it is pretty ambitious !
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 6:58 am

$5 ain't a big deal
when it is rolled through PS+ as nobody said. Hey, it will probably get us a better service too, Xbox Live is well known to be a better service then PSN.

In what way? Neutral

PS4 is now #1 on Amazon sales. DS4 and PSCam are moving up in the top 20.

Also, yosp has confirmed that the PS4 has no region locking! Clap

PlayStation Camera and the DualShock 4 will cost $60 each.

500GB HDD confirmed.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 7:24 am

I don't think the Xbox live service has a lot on psn , most I hear is the cross game chat. Ps + has given almost 50 games away in the first year. Unless that was sarcasm I am confuses lol
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:34 am

Any word on game prices?

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:44 am

I thought they announced that they will not increase
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:46 am

Anyone else finds the "cheap" price suspicious? Suspect
Past Playstations on launch dates have been more pricey.

Not complaining, mind you..
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:15 am

From the Amazon listings, it seems the prices for games will be the same as this gen.

Jaded - No sarcasm. I don't see XBLG offering a better service than the free PSN. Lack of XGC on PS3 doesn't have anything to do with the PSN being free, it was a hardware limitation. Chances are it would have been free on PS3 as it is on the PSVita. In my experience and based on comparisons, quality of online play isn't any better on the 360 just because it costs extra.

Why suspicious?

I recall Sony did say they "learned their lesson" with the PS3's launch at $599. Pachter, although unreliable, estimated the bill of materials for the PS4 to be ~$275. Other people gave their estimates and it generally came out to be lower than $400.

Plus,

Last edited by The Last Ninja on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:17 am

as long as the PS3 launches around the same time as xbox (before christmas) they should do well. the "uneducated" buyers will buy the cheaper console.

we'll have to see how xbox's hold on the market will do though. Sony messed up pretty bad with the ps3 last round and they may not be able to make up for that this time around. Given the way things have changed, Sony will have to keep hammering xbox for their "anti-consumer" etiquette if they want to get anywhere and they need to be aggressive.
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:32 am

PS4 launch date is sometime in November.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:53 am

I may have misunderstood what you meant . I agree fully that the psn is a far better offer then xblg, they have so many discounts and free games every month it pays for itself really .
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:24 am

Finally someone I can trust..... I anticipated the Xbox1 being pricier because it automatically includes Kinect technology. If the PS4 shipped out with mandatory Move tech it would be a bit higher. I think the "Move Ps4" will be priced around the same as the Xbox1
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:42 am

The "mandatory move tech" is the PSEye camera and it costs $60 by itself, so I would assume that a bundle including that would be $449 not $499, giving a couple bucks of savings.

EDIT-Unless they included a bigger hard drive, another controller, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official PS4 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Hardware and General Discussion-
Jump to: