The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Official PS4 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:12 pm

What is this "mandatory" business?
Suspect

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:26 pm

I still can't find anywhere that's saying the Ps eye is goof to be mandatory for gaming on the ps4. Could we get a source if this is confirmed or not .
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:37 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I still can't find anywhere that's saying the Ps eye is goof to be mandatory for gaming on the ps4. Could we get a source if this is confirmed or not .
I cant even see anything that says for sure if it is being packaged in or not
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 12:48 pm

The Amazon preorder page doesn't show it with the PS4 order.
But it also doesn't show the headset, so... Shrug

Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 1:09 pm

Anyone else finds the "cheap" price suspicious? Suspect
Past Playstations on launch dates have been more pricey.

Not complaining, mind you..

Finally someone I can trust..... I anticipated the Xbox1 being pricier because it automatically includes Kinect technology. If the PS4 shipped out with mandatory Move tech it would be a bit higher.
IT'S A CONSPIRACY!! Suspect

My luck would have me buying the damn thing, plug it in, and instantly getting the yellow light of death. ... Without a warranty.

Either way, $399.00 or not, with our budget, I probably won't see it til 2017... You know.. Just before the PS5. Sad
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 1:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Amazon preorder page doesn't show it with the PS4 order.
But it also doesn't show the headset, so... Shrug
It also has a december release date
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 1:25 pm

The "mandatory move tech" is the PSEye camera and it costs $60 by itself, so I would assume that a bundle including that would be $449 not $499, giving a couple bucks of savings.

EDIT-Unless they included a bigger hard drive, another controller, etc.

Yes I am confident there will be different pricing schemes depending on HDD , Color, game tie ins etc. I could not find any pricing for the PS4 eye but it is much more advanced then the previous set up. Considering the "improved " controllers cost more I would not be surprised if it cost more also. One thing for sure we can't rely on pricing history of the PS3 until it is confirmed. I need a minimum of three controllers and prefer four . I have 5 for the PS3 because I like to have one ready in case I need to change one out.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 1:29 pm

Finally someone I can trust..... I anticipated the Xbox1 being pricier because it automatically includes Kinect technology. If the PS4 shipped out with mandatory Move tech it would be a bit higher.

My luck would have me buying the damn thing, plug it in, and instantly getting the yellow light of death. ... Without a warranty.

Either way, $399.00 or not, with our budget, I probably won't see it til 2017... You know.. Just before the PS5. Sad

They said this console would be good for a decade at E3, so there is hope Cel. I've been on a tight budget and I know it can be tough, but there are more important things than new consoles
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 1:36 pm

They said this console would be good for a decade at E3, so there is hope Cel. I've been on a tight budget and I know it can be tough, but there are more important things than new consoles
Isn't that the truth.
I would say tax season, but like you said, there are more important things to be done with that.
Oh well.. Shrug Not being able to afford a new console never killed anybody.

Still sucks though. Razz
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 6:06 pm

Not that you know of Wink
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 6:13 pm

$399 PS4 comes with a controller, HDMI cables, basic headset and the console of course

There is no PS Eye in the package, it costs $60 as a separate peripheral. This would be ne of the reasons for the cheaper price but it is a very smart move, hardcore gamers don't want anything to do with the eye anyway. Also, HDD has been confirmed at 500 GB for the $399 model.

Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Yes I am confident there will be different pricing schemes depending on HDD , Color, game tie ins etc. I could not find any pricing for the PS4 eye but it is much more advanced then the previous set up. Considering the "improved " controllers cost more I would not be surprised if it cost more also. One thing for sure we can't rely on pricing history of the PS3 until it is confirmed. I need a minimum of three controllers and prefer four . I have 5 for the PS3 because I like to have one ready in case I need to change one out.
The controllers are $5 more than the previous ones. I'm judging off the new prices for orders off amazon ($60 for controllers, $60 for eye)

Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Weren't the ps3 controllers 59.99 for the longest time ?
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Nope!
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 10:16 pm

Nope!

I never paid more than 32 bucks for a controller and got one as cheap as 20 bucks by using a price match at Best Buy to an internet outlet selling what I suspect was counterfeit but advertised as real. 60 bucks for a controller is a bit steep but it does have the headphone jack,touchscreen and you can use it with "move technology" lol
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 1:44 am

your comparing brand new retail prices with what you got as part of good deals. i have never paid less then 40 for a controller
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:10 am

Huh... got an interesting message from Gamestop, trade in your PS3 and get a PS4 for €139.99... Interesting. Specially considering I have currently got 2 working PS3's... I need to learn more about this.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 1:09 pm

your comparing brand new retail prices with what you got as part of good deals. i have never paid less then 40 for a controller

Yah I am. What can I say? I always look for the deals. My goal is to be a millionaire and I'll never get there wasting money on expensive PS3 controllers
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 6:13 pm

Yah I am. What can I say? I always look for the deals. My goal is to be a millionaire and I'll never get there wasting money on expensive PS3 controllers

My point was that I am sure there will be deals on ps4 controllers as well. Right now all we have is an announced retail price. Your basically comparing a controller on its lowest price point, to another controller at its highest. That's like comparing a game on sale on steam to the same game at full retail price.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Cheap "headset" but looks like it will do the job for those who don't already have a proper one Smile
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:51 pm

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 4:40 am

And the winner is... Gamers.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
GoCubbies23
New in the Nation
GoCubbies23

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 3:23 pm

I was stuck today deciding which bundle to preorder between BF4 and KZ. I went with Killzone in the end. Good call?
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 3:54 pm

I was stuck today deciding which bundle to preorder between BF4 and KZ. I went with Killzone in the end. Good call?

Sure why not. you could always pick up the other if need be. B4 and Killzone both drop in price  at a pretty reasonable rate in the PS3 world. They dont stay full retail forever...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official PS4 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Hardware and General Discussion-
Jump to: