The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Official PS4 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:13 pm

the playstation has always been my go to console, but now sony is ruining themselves for me and other consumers, for what ? nothing. they dont loose anything or gain anything from it so what is the deal ? Sony get the F Angry :angry: out of here because this is ridicoulus.

I hate what gaming has become, just a race for more money and who beats who while giving costumers the shitty end of the stick.

Here is hoping for another VG crash 2013 ! Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 28124 Its inevitable Shrug
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Plus, doesn't the publisher already receive money from retailers for the copies? My understanding is that the publisher won't receive any of the $60 I give to the retailer. It's only when the supply runs low and there's still a demand that the retailer requests more copies and pays the publisher again. Am I correct?

Lack of PS3 BC is not sitting well with me. I could understand if the PS3 was as stable as the PS2, but let's face it, phats died well before the expected lifespan, and freezing is becoming the norm for this generation. They should at the very least offer different models.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:33 pm

No PS3 BC...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:53 pm

The thing is, I've heard that Microsoft is doing the same thing with used games on their next xbox as well !! . Remember companies, profit maximization and customer satisfaction !!

Last edited by Mitchell on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 9:19 pm

I think we're hearing these rumors a lot because it's what most people fear is coming, not based on any real information.
Yet.
As stupid as it sounds, as long as people are still willing to buy it even with these flaws then eventually it will be this way.

You are consumers. That is your only weapon against negative change, and it could not be more powerful.
If a company, be it game, film, fast food, or whatever is doing something you don't want them to, then how do you make them quit it?
STOP BUYING THEIR CRAP.
Particularly effective in the gaming industry as it's all entertainment, nothing essential. I promise, you will not die if you don't get MW404 or the Xbox90210.
You want proof this will work? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Complaints don't work. As long as we lay down our money anyway, they never have to listen. Only action causes change.
We can't just keep mindlessly consuming. The cost is too high in every way.

Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 10:30 pm

To be honest I would hope that sony has taken note of their main userbase's issue with non backwards compatibility. BC is huge. Its a big reason why the PS2 was such a HUGE success. My second PS3 is working fine and so I expect it to work ok for many years.

As far as ussed games are concerned I don't care too much...if there's a game I want I usually will buy new. I've only bought 1 used games in this generation. Sorry - 2. Killzone 1 for PS 2 (used on my first PS3 with backwards compatibility) and Need For Speed Hot Pursuit.

I can understand the need/concern for this. Developers get no share of a used sales. Period. So their revenue is based off sales within the first 2 - 3 months. After that any games bought are used from gamestop etc and the dev doesnt get anything from that.
Now....to be fair I think there is a HUGE need for the used market because many people just can't drop 59.99 for a game. So instead of losing the ability to use a used game on a console I think sony should make an effort to reach out to resellers so they can get a percentage out of re-used sales to distribute to its developers. Developers deserve to get a cut of games it has created whether used or not.

I think Sony should take the high road and allow used games to work on its systems. However I think they should break a deal with re-sellers like gamestop so that a percentage of used game sales go towards sony/microsoft/developers so that people can still access SP game campaigns. I'm totally ok with paying 10.00 extra for MP access on a used game.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:09 pm

Quote :
Developers deserve to get a cut of games it has created whether used or not.
Afraid I couldn't disagree more on this one.
The original seller is never entitled to payment from a second hand sale in which they have no part. Never. Would you even consider trying this in any other situation?
Say I buy a car that's got all the optional stuff in it. Heated seats, upgraded sound system, what have you. Now say that in a couple years I find the need/desire to sell this car, and you come and buy it. I've paid for the whole thing. So, should you have to pay the manufacturer again for the heated seats and such? No. Because they've already been paid a fair amount for their work on this particular product.

Now, you can say that something like an online pass for MP means they deserve it because they're maintaining the servers, right? Wrong.
With the sale of the original title it's not like they didn't expect this particular disc to facilitate a variable amount of play on their servers. When I sell/trade in this disc and someone else buys it, it's not like I can still play on the server. My means of accessing it is gone. I've given it away to someone else to use. The amount of use of the server via that disc is in no way significantly increased by this used sale.
You could argue that they still have to maintain your stats on their servers. Except they don't. All your stats can be stored on your machine instead. Red Dead Redemption does it, and it works quite well.
Further, the used sale can make money through DLC sold to someone who otherwise wouldn't have gotten it. And if the original owner did too, then they made double in DLC profit from one disc.

Note that I'm not in any way saying that devs don't deserve to be paid fairly for their work. But it isn't the devs that are getting the money from an online pass or some such, is it? It's the publisher. Sony is the one who pushes for this. EA is. Activision is. And they're the ones who will be getting your money.

Do they deserve it? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Straight from a dev who no longer has to worry about publishers not working with them because he's told on them for their crappy business behavior.

Quote :
MF: One of the things I’ve noticed is that there is a difference in that Double Fine started with Kickstarter, but you were pretty vocal that this was the last chance for Wasteland 2. Even though the language is a little bit different, what I’ve noticed is that, at some level, there seems to be a bit of defiance in developers that decide to use the movement. They were very political and, even more recently, Tim Schafer has come out and said that there is a place for everybody. You’ve said the same thing. Is tension between developers and publishers, especially around creative issues, normal?

BF: There is more tension than you can believe. You would not believe the stories you hear about how developers are treated by publishers these days. It is abysmal.

MF: Why don’t we hear more about it…?

BF: Because they are afraid to talk, because they’ll never get another contract if they do. That’s why. You cannot believe… it’s awful. It’s really bad. You should try to dig in and get some stories out there. Look at the most recent one with those poor guys at Obsidian. They did Fallout: New Vegas, the ship date got moved up and, who does the QA on a project? The publisher is always in charge of QA. When a project goes out buggy, it’s not the developer. The developer never says, “I refuse to fix the bug,” or, “I don’t know how.” They never do that. It’s the publisher that does the QA, so if a product goes out buggy, it’s not the developer’s fault. So, (Fallout: New Vegas) goes out buggy and they didn’t do the QA, their ship date got moved up and they missed their metacritic rating by one point. Did they get a bonus? No. Do you think that’s fair? I tried to get some of my publisher friends, who I used to make a lot of money for, to donate. Do you think they donated? No. Their employees did.

MF: What seems to be bubbling under the surface is this ‘us vs. them’ tension.

BF: It’s there. It’s not all publishers. I haven’t worked with all publishers, so I can’t speak for them all, but I’ve had enough of my own horrible stories. I have friends who are big developers and we sit around telling stories. The smartest people I meet are the developers; their business acumen. They’re not the ones who control the checks, though.

Used games are not the bad guy here. That would be the very people that want the used game market gone because they want more money. They are the only ones who would benefit.

Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:20 pm

I'm going with Raist on this one. If you buy a game and keep it your cash should really go to those who created it. Though I don't agree with this thing Sony is trying to implement with used games. Not everyone where I am has the cash to buy games for $60+ each.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Quote :
Developers deserve to get a cut of games it has created whether used or not.
Afraid I couldn't disagree more on this one.
The original seller is never entitled to payment from a second hand sale in which they have no part. Never. Would you even consider trying this in any other situation?
Say I buy a car that's got all the optional stuff in it. Heated seats, upgraded sound system, what have you. Now say that in a couple years I find the need/desire to sell this car, and you come and buy it. I've paid for the whole thing. So, should you have to pay the manufacturer again for the heated seats and such? No. Because they've already been paid a fair amount for their work on this particular product.

Now, you can say that something like an online pass for MP means they deserve it because they're maintaining the servers, right? Wrong.
With the sale of the original title it's not like they didn't expect this particular disc to facilitate a variable amount of play on their servers. When I sell/trade in this disc and someone else buys it, it's not like I can still play on the server. My means of accessing it is gone. I've given it away to someone else to use. The amount of use of the server via that disc is in no way significantly increased by this used sale.
You could argue that they still have to maintain your stats on their servers. Except they don't. All your stats can be stored on your machine instead. Red Dead Redemption does it, and it works quite well.
Further, the used sale can make money through DLC sold to someone who otherwise wouldn't have gotten it. And if the original owner did too, then they made double in DLC profit from one disc.

Note that I'm not in any way saying that devs don't deserve to be paid fairly for their work. But it isn't the devs that are getting the money from an online pass or some such, is it? It's the publisher. Sony is the one who pushes for this. EA is. Activision is. And they're the ones who will be getting your money.

Do they deserve it? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Straight from a dev who no longer has to worry about publishers not working with them because he's told on them for their crappy business behavior.

Quote :
MF: One of the things I’ve noticed is that there is a difference in that Double Fine started with Kickstarter, but you were pretty vocal that this was the last chance for Wasteland 2. Even though the language is a little bit different, what I’ve noticed is that, at some level, there seems to be a bit of defiance in developers that decide to use the movement. They were very political and, even more recently, Tim Schafer has come out and said that there is a place for everybody. You’ve said the same thing. Is tension between developers and publishers, especially around creative issues, normal?

BF: There is more tension than you can believe. You would not believe the stories you hear about how developers are treated by publishers these days. It is abysmal.

MF: Why don’t we hear more about it…?

BF: Because they are afraid to talk, because they’ll never get another contract if they do. That’s why. You cannot believe… it’s awful. It’s really bad. You should try to dig in and get some stories out there. Look at the most recent one with those poor guys at Obsidian. They did Fallout: New Vegas, the ship date got moved up and, who does the QA on a project? The publisher is always in charge of QA. When a project goes out buggy, it’s not the developer. The developer never says, “I refuse to fix the bug,” or, “I don’t know how.” They never do that. It’s the publisher that does the QA, so if a product goes out buggy, it’s not the developer’s fault. So, (Fallout: New Vegas) goes out buggy and they didn’t do the QA, their ship date got moved up and they missed their metacritic rating by one point. Did they get a bonus? No. Do you think that’s fair? I tried to get some of my publisher friends, who I used to make a lot of money for, to donate. Do you think they donated? No. Their employees did.

MF: What seems to be bubbling under the surface is this ‘us vs. them’ tension.

BF: It’s there. It’s not all publishers. I haven’t worked with all publishers, so I can’t speak for them all, but I’ve had enough of my own horrible stories. I have friends who are big developers and we sit around telling stories. The smartest people I meet are the developers; their business acumen. They’re not the ones who control the checks, though.

Used games are not the bad guy here. That would be the very people that want the used game market gone because they want more money. They are the only ones who would benefit.

Your example with used car sales makes perfect and total sense. If you sell your car after a few years, I would agree with you. However, a used game is available within days if not weeks to places like gamestop. A car can be used AT LEAST A few months before put up for a used sale depending on its condition. A used game is a used game. It works or it doesnt. A used car could have a different rate of wear and tear depending on how many Miles or KM has been racked up on its engine.

On average a new car is sold to a reseller after a year +. A used game? Within the first month its traded in. Within a couple of weeks its traded in. Ford/Chevy/Honda etc have an extreme minimum of 6 months (and thats being EXTREMELY early) to a year before people start getting rid of their new car. EA/Square/Naughty Dog/Insomniac/Activision/Sony/MS etc have a few days to a few weeks before a brand new game is given to a reseller.

The comparison doesn't match up. The industries have completely different details for a used sale and overall cost. We can't compare apples to apples in this case. As such, I have to respectfully disagree with this quote.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 11:39 pm

The car example was purely for the analogy of why it's wrong for the manufacturer to be paid twice for a single unit of work. When the sale takes place is completely irrelevant.

I can agree that the problem stems from how often games are traded in.
That isn't the fault of the market though.
Why are those games being traded in at that rate? It's because of the focus shift to lower content, easier games designed to try to appeal to as many markets as possible. (Again, the publisher's call.) These games try to snag everyone and end up pleasing no one. That is why they're being traded in at a rate like never before and the trade in time is so low. Add in the massive influx of those new to gaming and not sure what they actually enjoy buying and trading in games they think they'll like but don't.
We've found our culprit once again. The publisher trying to eat the whole market.

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:50 am

Quote :
Your example with used car sales makes perfect and total sense. If you sell your car after a few years, I would agree with you. However, a used game is available within days if not weeks to places like gamestop. A car can be used AT LEAST A few months before put up for a used sale depending on its condition. A used game is a used game. It works or it doesnt. A used car could have a different rate of wear and tear depending on how many Miles or KM has been racked up on its engine.
On average a new car is sold to a reseller after a year +. A used game? Within the first month its traded in. Within a couple of weeks its traded in. Ford/Chevy/Honda etc have an extreme minimum of 6 months (and thats being EXTREMELY early) to a year before people start getting rid of their new car. EA/Square/Naughty Dog/Insomniac/Activision/Sony/MS etc have a few days to a few weeks before a brand new game is given to a reseller.

The comparison doesn't match up. The industries have completely different details for a used sale and overall cost. We can't compare apples to apples in this case. As such, I have to respectfully disagree with this quote.

Sure its two different industries but both the auto maker and the game maker have already made their sales $ on the original purchase. The sales that used game buyers represent are potential sales not lost sales.Game dealers like car dealers make most of their money on used goods. Good games and cars will be bought for full price by customers. Don't forget that both buyers trade in their new purchases for other games or cars. The resale value of good games doesn't decrease much over a short while like a bad game will. People will keep good cars and also good games longer. Remember todays used game buyer can also be tomorrows new game buyer. When I was a student I couldn't buy anything new. Now I can and do. Bottom line is make great games and people will buy them if they can. Make an average game and buyers will buy it when the price is lower. Simple economic theory is the propensity to buy is controlled by customers perceived value and price.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:33 am

Game dealers like car dealers make most of their money on used goods. Good games and cars will be bought for full price by customers. Don't forget that both buyers trade in their new purchases for other games or cars. The resale value of good games doesn't decrease much over a short while like a bad game will. People will keep good cars and also good games longer. Remember todays used game buyer can also be tomorrows new game buyer. When I was a student I couldn't buy anything new. Now I can and do. Bottom line is make great games and people will buy them if they can. Make an average game and buyers will buy it when the price is lower. Simple economic theory is the propensity to buy is controlled by customers perceived value and price.

Comparing a car purchase with a game purchase doesnt match up.

What would be a fair percentage of NEW cars that are RE-SOLD within 1 month of original purchase? I would be willing to bet that is very low. Why? Simply because there is FAR many less people buying NEW cars than there is people buying NEW games.

New game price = $59.99. (Canadian/Possibly American Pricing per unit)
New car price = $20,000 average (if lucky)(financiing/loans/debt needed)

Would you say a new car buyer will be expecting to resell or trade in within a one month period of purchasing a new car? Especially if the purchaser loses a minimum of 40% of the value when the car leaves the lot? What are the odds a new car purchaser brings his/her car in to another dealer to trade in etc in this economy? I have high doubts it happens NEARLY as often as a new game. To be fair I am aware a person who trades in a popular game within the first week or so loses a high percentage of the value they paid. But a high value of 59.99 vs a high value of 20,000 is laughable.

A new game is launched. Within DAYS it is being traded in for half if not more of the price.

There is a HUGE difference between a used car and used game in regards to consumer uses, trade in values, trade in timeframes etc.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Okay, let's discard the car for the moment. Again, it doesn't matter to the analogy. It could be anything.
If you buy a used desk, should you have to pay the furniture maker to be able to open the drawers on it?
If you buy a used TV, should you pay Sony to use its remote?
If...someone buys a set of PERSONAL ACCENTS™️ Double Drop Silver Earrings from our resident ginger, decides they don't want them anymore, and gives it to a friend, should that ginger guy get to keep them from using one of the earrings until the friend pays them $5? (Okay, I can see where you might like this idea. Laughing)
What it is and when it's sold do not matter. No one has the right to be paid twice for the same work.

With that out of the way, let's look at the used games market.
Will getting rid of the used market help developers (or rather publishers) make more money? No.
Because those who buy the games used still won't magically go out and start buying them new. Why? Games are bought used either because the used buyer couldn't afford to buy it new, or because they didn't believe the product worth risking full price on.
If it's the former, then the game makes no less money from the used sale, and possibly more money if the used buyer enjoys the game and can afford to shell out for the DLCs.
If it's the latter, then the used buyer is just a non-buyer. Taking away the option to buy it used will not make $60 an acceptable risk to those who don't view it as such already. Worse, By removing the used game market you remove one of the greatest tools for getting your name out there as a company, which is what leads to sales of new games. Example, I came across a used copy of Persona 3 at a much lower than new price. I'd heard it was a really niche game, but decided to take a chance on it since the price was low. Loved it. When P4 rolls around I snatch it up on release, and since it brings the same or a better level of quality that P3 had, I am most probably going to make a day one purchase of Persona 5 when it comes out. Atlus is officially on my map. Never would have happened if the lesser priced game hadn't been available.
Now, that's not to ignore the other used buyer. The one that's buying used to save a few bucks just because it's there. We'll get to them in a moment.

But let's say for a minute that the trade in rate actually is hurting businesses nowadays (whereas it never has before). What's causing the trade in rate to be so high? Lower quality (publishers pushing release dates, cutting QA out), shorter games (publisher again), that are less entertaining due to the insistence by (guess who?) the publisher trying to capture all possible market niches with a single product.

"Let's throw in light RPG elements. Let's add in some obligatory stealth missions to pull in the MGS crowd. Let's throw in perks to draw in the FPS players.
Can someone who doesn't take the time to actually develop some skill at this game complete it? No? Make it easier until someone with no experience with gaming can just walk right through it.
Let's cut the time between releases. If we just cut out the QA we can fix it via patches (up to and only up to when we stop releasing DLC for it). Game balance? Who needs that? Get this thing out the door!"

All this is the problem. It's why our Game Stop runeth over, and those who only want to save a few bucks buy used instead of new. Because the value of the modern game is low. Because games are now too often rushed, dull, unfulfilling, overpriced junk, or little more than a DLC sales pitch. That's why no one will keep them and so they are constantly traded in.
That's right, the reason that so many used games are selling is laid squarely at the feet of those who are trying to get more money out of a single sale. They have the power to stop it by changing these things, but they won't. Not as long as they can convince us that their "suffering" is the fault of someone else. They want to make money, not games.

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:19 am

I thought they just wanted to piss people off with broken products...

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Oh no, your confusing Mad catz with sony. Common mistake.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:24 am

^Lolz^

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
The_hawk217
First Nation
First Nation
The_hawk217

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 4:04 pm

"Orbis" is a Latin word and if you put it with the PS Vita's Latin name "Vitae", this makes "Orbis Vitae", or "circle of life". This "circle of life" phrase likely hints at further integration of the PS Vita with the new Playstation.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:38 am

You mean! They planned this..
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 8:51 am

...Bert...

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 9:23 am

Lol

Other thing that I think it is going to upset a lot of people is having to connect online to activate a game through the PSN. I assume people here have internet...we are in an internet forum... but not everybody does, some people play offline most of the time, or take the console with them to other places without internet, why should you be forced to switch the internet on just to activate a game so you can play it offline? Bonkers.

That said, I would probably buy the PS4 and then complain about it. Release day or not depends of the BC compatibility and other stuff[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I think it is wrong to put obstacles for second hand games. It is not like they are losing sales, most people who buy these games would not pay the full price anyway. If anything, as it has been mentioned, the guy who traded the game might have bought a new game. It is silly, what about libraries that have a few games? What about companies such as LoveFilm, who also offer game rental?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:36 pm

Lol

Other thing that I think it is going to upset a lot of people is having to connect online to activate a game through the PSN. I assume people here have internet...we are in an internet forum... but not everybody does, some people play offline most of the time, or take the console with them to other places without internet, why should you be forced to switch the internet on just to activate a game so you can play it offline? Bonkers.

That said, I would probably buy the PS4 and then complain about it. Release day or not depends of the BC compatibility and other stuff[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . I think it is wrong to put obstacles for second hand games. It is not like they are losing sales, most people who buy these games would not pay the full price anyway. If anything, as it has been mentioned, the guy who traded the game might have bought a new game. It is silly, what about libraries that have a few games? What about companies such as LoveFilm, who also offer game rental?

I know its HIGHLY improbable, but could you imagine if PSN was down for a few months??
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 10:43 pm

Clap
Nice one.

Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:26 pm

CPU: 22-nm Cell Broadband Engine X Processor @ 3.2GHz with 16PPEs and 128 SPEs

GPU: 22-nm Custom Nvidia/SCEI “Quantum Leap” @ 2GHz based on GK104 x2 Kepler Architecture.

Memory: 10GB XDR2 + 10GB GDDR6

Storage Capacity: Varies according to model. Included 250GB/320GB hybrid-hard disk drive. [Upgradable.]

Video Resolution: 2160p in 2D. 1080p in 3D. [Video resolution standard: All Playstation 4 games must be rendered at least at 1080p @ 30fps 2D and/or 1080p @ 30fps 3D.]

Audio: 11.1 [Audio channel standard: All Playstation 4 games must support at least 5.1 audio channels.]

Media Formats:
PS4 Game Disc. PS3 Game Disc. PS2 Game Disc. PS1 Game Disc. HD Blu-Ray Disc. [Including BDXL discs support.] DVD. CD. Digital Distribution.

Controller Input:
Dualshock 4. Dualshock 3. PS Iris. PS Vita. PS Omni. PS Move. PS Eye. Sixaxis. PS Certified Xperia and Sony Tablet devices. Remote Controller. USB Controllers. Keyboard and Mouse.

Connectivity:
USB 3.0. HDMI 1.4 [CEC]. Bluetooth 4.0. WiFi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n. DLNA. Ethernet. PS Vita Memory Cards. MMC/SD/SDHC/SDXC and QXD memory cards support.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:09 pm

If this is genuine, then that's some good news there. Plenty of storage, full backwards compatibility. That'd be enough to sell a lot of people on it.

Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 11:39 pm

I like what I'm seeing, I do hope that's true, if it's backwards compatible then I'm sold already, prob won't buy on release though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official PS4 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Hardware and General Discussion-
Jump to: