The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Official PS4 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 8:42 pm

Omg the killzone holy cow it went from a cinematic to game play holy ^%#@

Watch dogs looks awesome , depending on what else is shown this may be a day one purchase for my self
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 8:49 pm

I got really hooked from watching pretty much everything.
Driveclub, Watch Dogs, Capcoms new IP (can't remember the name....Skyrim ripoff Razz ) and even Media Molecules ideas.....so much, even that Witness game from the makers of Braid.

There WILL be plenty more, I'm very excited to see what Square Enix can show off later during the year.

If Naughty Dog can give us a new Crash Bandicoot....yes..YES!! Excited

All in all, a pretty good first impression.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Hooooly smokes Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:19 pm

It looks great, plenty of RAM this time Smile.

I was never intending to get it day one but Sony did a great job with the showing.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:01 pm

High quality images of the Dualshock 4 and PlayStation4 Eye

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

More images are available from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 12:56 pm

Quote :
If Naughty Dog can give us a new Crash Bandicoot....yes..YES!!
I disagree. for starters what made crash bandicoot so great is its gameplay. there is nothing the ps4 does that would improve crash. plus there is the fact that activision owns the crash IP.

though I would love to see a new jak game.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Quote :
If Naughty Dog can give us a new Crash Bandicoot....yes..YES!!
I disagree. for starters what made crash bandicoot so great is its gameplay. there is nothing the ps4 does that would improve crash. plus there is the fact that activision owns the crash IP.

though I would love to see a new jak game.

It's not like the gameplay of Crash needs improvement...

Could have some lovely looking levels on the PS4's tech.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:33 pm

thats the thing, you cant improve its gameplay. its already as good as it is going to get.

I'd much rather see a new jak game since there is an interesting universe. plus if you have played through the series then it is pretty obvious that some time after jak 3 jak...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:35 pm

Wait... How did I miss that! *goes back to watch the ending of Jak3*

But yeah, I feel like they should take a break from uncharted (even though I love that series) and make a next gen Jak game, and use the mo cap technology that they used for UC and the Last of us.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:41 pm

well its not just the ending of jak 3. its pieced together from a bunch of different things through the series. the important things are when jak finds out that they are in the future, that jak is mar, and that the city was built by mar. put those 3 things together and obviously a future version of jak will have to go back in time and build haven city.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:51 pm

I have to say, I never pieced that together... And don't remember a whole lot, been a while since I played the games.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:17 pm

I actually just kind of thought about it and fully realized all of it a couple days ago when thinking a new jak game would be awesome for next gen.

I havent played through jak 2 or 3 in a long time as well, but it is my favorite game series, and I probably have played it a lot more than you, and payed close attention to a lot of the little details....heck I even translated the precursor writing on the precursor eggs (it says naughty dog)
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:40 pm

thats the thing, you cant improve its gameplay. its already as good as it is going to get.

I'd much rather see a new jak game since there is an interesting universe. plus if you have played through the series then it is pretty obvious that some time after jak 3 jak...

Spoiler:

I found Crash's universe interesting... ;_;

I'm sure if Naughty Dog had the inspiration, they could find some way to improve the gameplay.

Can't say I'd like to see a new J&D, as I've never played any of them.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:43 pm

I recommend them. Look around and you can probably find the PS3 Collection of them for cheap.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Didn't they sell the crash license ? Thinking
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:35 pm

Yep, they sold it. But they need to get it back. I want my Crash!

I recommend them. Look around and you can probably find the PS3 Collection of them for cheap.

The J&D Collection has been $20 for some time now. tongue

I just don't know if I'll like it enough.

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:49 pm

I don't know if Crash is fitting for a retail release... Maybe a downloadable title would be more suited ?
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:22 pm

Eh, Rayman Legends got a retail release, so I can see a Crash game getting one as well.

I was thinking of a way for them to implement multiplayer to sweeten the deal, and then I remembered Crash Bash!
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:45 pm

Or Crash Team Racing, I would want that... :3
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:37 pm

Or both! Multiplayer would be "Crash the Party" mode with a bunch of party games.

What specifically makes you think Crash wouldn't be fitting for a retail release?

Hopefully Sony will have the PS4 ready before Durango. MGS:GZ and GTAV might be launch titles for both systems.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:43 pm

Mostly just that its an old fashioned platformer, that back then was appropriate but I don't know if consumers today would buy into it.
Unless it did something amazing, like what Rayman Origins did with its fantastic Artstyle and fluid animations.

because lets face it, if you released the old Rayman with updated graphics it would fail...
Like we saw happen to Sonic the hedgehog 4... which was discontinued after the second episode, because mainly what it was was the old game with newer graphics, nothing more.

Also, I love that Idea. I new Crash game with a every good Crash game with in it as an extra or multiplayer mode.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Hm, what about the Sonic Generations game? Didn't they do that recently and it was kinda-sorta-successful?

They probably would have to sell it at a cheaper price than other games. The new Sly Cooper released at $40 over here, where new games are usually $60.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 11:58 pm

How about new games ? :p . I know it's great to have older series but the industry has moved on. I'd honestly rather have new ips and new installments of PS3 games than sonic and crash. I agree that Uncharted 4 can wait though.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:05 am

Hm, what about the Sonic Generations game? Didn't they do that recently and it was kinda-sorta-successful?

They probably would have to sell it at a cheaper price than other games. The new Sly Cooper released at $40 over here, where new games are usually $60.

Didn't that game have that 3d effect where you could see what was infront of sonic when playing the "old" Sonic ? Thinking
That game had variety, 3d +2d with some new things sprinkled on there... But still, its not like anybody bought generations, even though the reviewers seem to like it, it was already in the bargain bin here in norway after about 1 month on the market.

Also Mitch, I have to say that the New IP from capcom looked... suspiciously identical to Demon/Dark souls... Or was I the only one that made the connection.

and I just want a new FPS's and third person shooters...
Most of what we have now is just sequels...
7 games of Assassins creed.
3 games of uncharted.
3 games of Dead space.
7 games of call of duty
3 games of crysis...
6 games of halo... Etc.

Its getting tired to say the least. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:41 am

Yeah, new games would be nice, but I'd still want my Crash! Razz

Seems like many people are getting tired of modern warfare. It's beginning to look like futuristic warfare is the next to saturate the shooter genre. Halo 4, Crysis 3, DUST 514, Planetside 2, Aliens: Colonial Marines, Killzone: Shadow Fall, Black Ops II, Tribes: Ascend, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Defiance.

And so, I'd like a return to World War II with massive multiplayer FPS battles, like MAG or Planetside.

Battle of Stalingrad, storming the beaches of Iwo Jima, overtaking the Reichstag with the Red Army, all with sentient enemies and teammates. Pacific theatre, European theatre, Sino-Japanese theatre, Western front, Eastern front, everything! drools
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official PS4 Discussion Thread   Official PS4 Discussion Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official PS4 Discussion Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Hardware and General Discussion-
Jump to: