The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Game of Thrones: Season 2

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

Game of Thrones: Season 2 Empty
PostSubject: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Don't know if anyone is into this show. it was outstanding last year. So far I haven't seen a character as compelling as Ned Stark was. The first episode was half recap and building the storyline. I do remember last year spent the first couple of episodes introducing the main characters. I hope GOT can totally hook me again... I'm hoping for some real Dragon action later this season.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:25 am

Love it. Spent the weekend rewatching the first season, and eagerly awaiting the 3rd Episode next Tuesday.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 5:24 pm

I'll be watching episode 3 tonight and I find myself "eagerly" awaiting it also. Can't wait for the dragons to start kicking butt.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 4:55 am

Episode 3 tonight for me. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Can't wait.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 4:53 pm

I love this series. And the books, even better.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:44 am

Got the books myself last week, 1 to 4 with 3 being in 2 books.

I really like the way that Tyrion Lannister is being portrayed in the series.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Got the books myself last week, 1 to 4 with 3 being in 2 books.

I really like the way that Tyrion Lannister is being portrayed in the series.

I agree 100 % , he is becoming the defining character of GOT so far this season. I've always liked Peter Dinklage as an actor and he is just amazing in GOT. About 6 hours from now I'll be kicking back in my easy chair digesting my wife's famous pot roast and watching GOT... life is good.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:54 pm

I have the whole series 1 recorded in my Sky+ box, and the second one is following. I watched the first series twice and I am looking forward to watch the second one. I am quite bad for spoilers, though. Once something intrigues me, I go to the book or the wikipedia to find out what happens next. I am trying not to read too ahead, though.

My other half loved Ned Stark's character to the point that he said he was not watching anything else when [i]that/i] happened. Now he is enjoying it too but he wants a lead character and I think this time is going to be difficult. Although Tyrion is growing as an amazing character, I think this series won't have the main lead that the previous had. I love Jon Snow's character. And I want a Direwolf!!!! Very Happy= :D

Theory: Jon Snow is not Ned Stark's son but Lyanna's (sp?), his sister. He never says "you are my son" but "you are my blood". Also, in the book, every time he thinks of his sister, he remembers that she said when dying "Promise me, Ned, promise me"... and although we are never told what he promised, most of those scenes appear when he is around Jon or thinking about Jon. Second part of the theory, also on the internet, is that his father was not Robert Baratheon (since he was in love with Ned's sister) but the Mad King's son, the one who apparently kidnapped her after a tournament. The rumour is that she went willingly and she was pleased when he said she was the Queen of Beauty or something like that. She does say that Robert Baratheon was not the kind of man she would marry because he would never change his ways. If so, the promise could have to do with asking Ned never to say that Jon was the son of Rhaegar (the young son of the Mad King) because Robert and company would kill him too as they did with all the children who were Targaryen descendents. Basically, and as a summary, Lyanna and Rhaegar left together and Robert started a war because of this. She was pregnant, gave birth to Jon and died in labor. Robert kill every Targaryen, including the children, and Ned preferred to say Jon was his than to say the truth so Jon could live as a Stark in his house but not be killed because of being a Targaryen. What do you think?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:53 am

I don't think there should be a single lead right now myself, as it's so much about an individual but focused on a much larger scale right now. I can see Tyrion becoming a good focal point but that's just from the way he is played, Dinklage is very charasmatic.

Lisa was as surprised at the whole Ned Stark thing too Sey, all "Wait what?"

That is a good theory there Sey... I was thinking something of that myself.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:34 am

Its amazing how this show reels you in week by week. Some heavy duty carnage will be going down and its anyones guess who the show will reveal first. I was a bit freaked out by the "birth scene"..... I'm totally hooked again and I love it.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:20 am

Ooooh looking forward to tonight then.

Love how they are pushing some boundaries on the show so far rather than blacking some things out. (Specifically the whole "Bastard Round Up" that was pretty intense.)

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:32 am

Birth scene? The woman from the other side of the wall?
I cannot wait to watch it tonight!! I work until late and I will be recording it, but as soon as I get home I will watch it nevertheless.

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:15 am

Seyel it will be worth staying up for... as far as the "birth scene" review last weeks episode in your head for clues.... The bastard roundup was intense and all indications look like that will be just a mild portent of things to come.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:31 am

I was refering to the one that happened on the first episode of the second series.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I was refering to the one that happened on the first episode of the second series.

Yep. My carnage senses are tingling... it will get worse, not gratuitously but there will be blood... and hopefully dragon flames and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:55 am

All I know about the future so far is that the Third Season was confirmed. Other than that I can't wait.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:35 am

You have confused me completely. Birth scene? Bastard round-up? I am in episode 4, season 2, which was broadcast yesterday in the UK. There was a birth at the end that was creepy if that is what you mean. And if you mean the "bastard round up" to be carrying out orders from the current king (I hate him so much), then now I understand what you were talking about. Finally!! Lol

The scene with the prostitutes that Tyrion sent to Joffrey was unsettling, as it was the medieval torture with the "bucket". However, I must say I do not think blood and violence in this series is that bad. It is never gratuitous, it is always part of the plot and serves a purpose, and it is not sickening. In fact, most of the times is what you think it might happen, not what it actually is shown. I cannot watch horror films at all but I am perfectly fine with this. No problems if I watch it before going to bed, I sleep like a puppy lol.

Theon Greyjoy has no morals. No way I would swap loyalties for a father that does not love me and I have not seen in ages.

The red woman is a scary witch.

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:03 am

You got it Sey. That's exactly what we are talking about.

Joffery is a little shit that I wanna slap. Hell the guy who plays him will probably get threats cause of his character. I just wanna slap him. Do like it when Lisa is watching it with me, all I hear out of her when Joffrey is on the screen, "Oooooh that little bastard." under her breathe.

The Witch is awesome. Arya is clever, really liking how the young one is going with her. And the girl that plays Sansa is very good as well. Some real quality there. Bromm is awesome with the Imp.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:17 am

Yes, Melisandre's (creepy red witch) birth scene was what I was alluding to. It freaked me and my wife out. How can Renly's army fight off the shadow monster or whatever it is ?? I love scary magic stuff. Joffrey is a sick twisted little pup indeed but what do you expect from the son of Cersei. Not much screen time given so far to Daenerys tho she was granted entrance to Quarth.... I eagerly await her dragons to make an appearance. I agree with you about Theon he still needs approval from his Dad I guess. Lots of intrigue going on all over I love it.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Must wait for wife to come home before I watch GOT....... argghh losing self control and grabbing remote....... crap, who am I kidding I know who the boss is.... This wait is killing me.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:11 am

Lol Can't wait for tonight myself either.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:20 am

Yeah, me too. I work Monday evenings and I don't arrive home until GoT has finished, so I need to record it and I watch it as soon as I arrive. I cannot waaaait!!!!

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:15 am

You get to fast forward through the adverts. I always reach for the Sky remote and start pressing fast forward then realise what I'm doing and put the remote down hoping Lisa didn't see me do it.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:18 am

why not? scratch I always fast forward in the adverts too.

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:22 am

I watch it as it is scheduled. Trying to fast forward "live tv"

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones: Season 2
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-
Jump to: