The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Game of Thrones: Season 2

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:20 am

This is the one I got. Then bought Dance of Dragons seperatly.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:22 am

double post cause I wanna see if I can make people break their monitors.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:30 am

LOL

Did you watch the interview/documentary thing on the second series? Someone was saying that the actor who plays Joffrey is the sweetest kid in real life and he is a bit shocked of getting so many insults on the street, lol

The character is such a *&^$%~#!!!! [Insert whatever insult you prefer there]
I just want someone to be done with him... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:34 am

The guy playing him would be a nice guy, Studied in Trinity College or something and was in Batman begins, but his character is who he is known as and everyone hates his character. I think that is a good testiment to his acting ability.

There was one woman on Coronation Street or Eastenders or whatever crap soap was getting so much grief cause of the character she played that people physically threatened her. People are weird.

I only recorded the one documentry where they talk to the author himself, I think the others may be on Anytime or something.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:50 am

The author posted yesterday on his personal blog that they are doing a GoT social game for Facebook Shocked
Quote :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] May. 22nd, 2012 at 10:21 AM

I don't know much about social media. I don't have a facebook or twitter account. But I've been told a few people have them, and that some of those people like to play social media games. I'm told the biggest social media game involves running a farm.

Surely, I thought, there must be something one could do on social media that would be more fun that growing turnips and feeding chickens. Like, say, scheming and plotting, murders and marriages, contesting for power.

HBO shared the feeling, and together we have granted the license for a social media game based on GAME OF THRONES to a great new start-up company called Disruptor Beam (([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )) Game development is already well under way.

Jon Radoff, CEO of Disruptor Beam, says:
"This will be the first Facebook game based on the TV series and books and, trust me, this game isn’t just going to be another Farmville! George RR Martin is working very closely with Disruptor Beam to ensure the game will deliver an authentic experience. I can tell you that it will not only be highly story and character-driven, but Game of Thrones Ascent will give you the chance to experience the world from your own perspective and with your own friends."

"Sounds fun, right!? Want to know more? Well, additional information about the game will be released in the coming months, including details about how to participate in a pre-release beta program. To follow its progress, be
sure to “like” Game of Thrones Ascent on Facebook ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) or follow on Twitter ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I saw several early versions of the game demonstrated, and Jon and his designers took great pains to make sure the flavor of the novels is here. I saw alliance building, treachery, marriages, murders, and most of all the constant struggle to be the greatest house in Westeros. So create a character, pick a liege lord to swear to, and start playing
the game the way Tyrion would, because in this game you win or you die.
(No turnips will be involved).

at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 6:54 am

And you might love this entry...

Quote :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]May. 18th, 2012 at 11:26 AM

I get emails all the time from fans who want to be on GAME OF THRONES.

Here's your chance. The call has gone out for extras for season three.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Of course, it helps if you actually live in Northern Ireland.

Or the Republic of Ireland.

Or Scotland or England or the Isle of Man... y'know, someplace where you can actually get to the shoot. If you're in South Africa, Brazil, or Japan, your chances of getting a call are not good, alas.
On the other hand, if you're a bearded long-haired amputee from Derry, you should be gold.

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:22 am

So if I moved to Ireland ,grew my hair out and cut off my hand I'd fit right in ??? Done !
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:28 am

GARGLE FARGLE MARGLE!

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:09 pm

“Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let’s go kill them.”
Spoiler:

I have to read the books now I am so entrenched in the story.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 4:17 am

I'm well ahead in the books now. Dinklage needs to get a award, not for supporting actor, but for Leading actor. Just watching him, he is the lead. Everyone just fades back. I like how close they are to the novels.

This will not all be wrapped up in one episode, it's still got 3 more books to go through and two more upcoming book releases.

Book two ends and book three starts like they were the same novel and the series is not going to end wrapped up in a neat little bow, I can't see it happening, but I also don't want it to end up all neat and tidy, I want it left up in the air.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Valkurie
Fifth Nation
Valkurie

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:56 am

I soooo love GoT. I have all the books.. haven't started reading them yet. Went goo goo the episode the dragons appeared....
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 6:08 am

I love this show... I am going to miss it A LOT when it finishes Sad

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I soooo love GoT. I have all the books.. haven't started reading them yet. Went goo goo the episode the dragons appeared....

I wake up on Sunday in anticipation of GoT . Now only one more episode left. I'm almost afraid to read the books now for fear of spoilers.

@ Seyel Me too !
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:32 am

I thought that too. I then stopped reading the first book and I only had a brief look at some parts of the second. The book has more detail, so when the TV series finishes, I am going to go back to the books to get the full picture. That way, I don't get spoilers but I still get a fix. Now, I do not know what I will do when I finish the books!!! Probably play Skyrim non stop lol.

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:37 am

Skyrim will be what you will be playing.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Skyrim will be what you will be playing.

HAH ! Last episode ended last nite and no Skyrim for me. If I had the DLC maybe but PS3 owners won't get that for a while. I put on Fallout New Vegas which I bought for 10 bucks with free shipping. Take that Bethesda. Tell me when you see the last episode guys so we can talk about it without using spoiler tags and whatnot. I was happy and a little sad at the same time. I have to wait til next year for so much to be resolved that I thought would be handled this year. Anyone else notice that Oona Chaplin.... Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter is in GoT ? She isn't too bad looking, sorta like Charlie without a 'stache. Wink
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 2:50 am

I watched it yesterday. I think we have all watched it now.

It was... awesome.
The ending was Shocked, the white walkers remind me of the Draughrs (sp?) of Skyrim.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 4:14 am

I KNOW THE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS AND THE FREAKING WHITE WALKERS LOOKED AWESOME!

Reading ahead and watching the story, didn't actually ruin it for me, it enhanced it.

Spoiler:

I will say this, glad I don't live in Westoros. Stub a toe there and your whole family dies.

They did this perfectly cause pretty much everything you seen last night is a part of the third books, like a preview of whats to come.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 2:49 pm

I always thought " Winter" was just a metaphor they used for war but those white walkers/draughers looked badass. I just put the first book on hold at the library and the series on my wish list at Amazon, the price has gone up since the TV series ended.. I have a lot of books waiting to be read I'll be reading George R R Martin one way or another before next season starts.
Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:47 am

Ordered the first 2 books today and can't wait to chill on the beach with them Cool

Can't believe I'm the only one of my friends who enjoys GoT..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 4:21 am

It has boobs. And sex. How can they not like it for those reasons alone?

Anyway Nearly half way through the second part of the third book. DAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Reo
Sixth Nation
Reo

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:04 am

They had me at boobs alone. Khal Drogo's boobs that is.

I've been wanting to read all books before watching the episodes, but for some reason they are so darn well made that I feel like the books will ruin the tv-show and not the other way around.... messed up, I know. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:06 am

They actually don't, kinds enhances each other and gives you an appreciation of the vast bloody scope the makes of the show have to contend with and how they get what they do.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:45 am

I love this comic, they even did a Game of Thrones arc that was freaking funny.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 7:12 am

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of Thrones: Season 2   Game of Thrones: Season 2 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones: Season 2
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-
Jump to: