The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Empty
PostSubject: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 8:32 pm

Sony's Super Smash Bros clone has been officially announced and damn it looks sweet !!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's also a preview by IGN, and some pics Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

0[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:40 am

Second image is a bit misleading because they haven't announced the full roster yet.

The only confirmed characters are: Parappa the Rapper, Sly Cooper, Fat Princess, Colonel Redec, Kratos, and Sweet Tooth.

Personally, I'd really LOVE to see some Insomniac characters in this, such as one or more varieties of Chimera and either Ratchet or (preferably, honestly) Captain Qwark. I'd also love to see Cole McGrath.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 3:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Second image is a bit misleading because they haven't announced the full roster yet.

The only confirmed characters are: Parappa the Rapper, Sly Cooper, Fat Princess, Colonel Redec, Kratos, and Sweet Tooth.

Personally, I'd really LOVE to see some Insomniac characters in this, such as one or more varieties of Chimera and either Ratchet or (preferably, honestly) Captain Qwark. I'd also love to see Cole McGrath.

I just posted that up there because it has characters that could be in the game Wink

Super Smash Bros Brawl is the only Wii game I really like so I will be watching this with hawk-like eyes.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:27 pm

i cant wait for this , and hopefully they will start spoiling more of the roster soon
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 2:55 pm

This is so awesome.

Hope I can play Drake!
Back to top Go down
s1lv3r4554551n
Seventh Nation
s1lv3r4554551n

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 3:20 pm

SNAAAAAAKKKKKEEEEEE!!!!!! >: O

Seriously snake has to be in this, if he was in SSBB
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Snake must be in this.... Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Dmick024
Sixth Nation
Dmick024

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 3:28 pm

im curious to see how they will do the controls. ive been a ssb junkie since the 64 days and loved the simple controls.

too bad there wont be any poke balls in this one though Mad
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:25 pm

I'm interested in the variety of moves.

They stated they'd have moves for each direction (assuming this means 4 directions and not Cool and face button.

That'd give each character about 20 moves at minimum, compared to SSB's 14 (9 for A and 5 for B). That's not even accounting for if they implement "smash attacks" by hitting the direction and button at same time instead of having direction hit before the button. That'd give them a whopping 36 moves, which is pretty insane. (This doesn't take into account air attacks, which there are 5 more for A on SSB and who knows how many more there would be for PSASBR.)

Would be interesting. I feel like that's not very reasonable, though. It'll probably be some sort of setup where two buttons are light attacks and two buttons are smash/powerful attacks.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 6:28 pm

its got 3 attack buttons, right stick is for throws, plus block (sly has invisibility instead of block) and special attack.

also apparently you dont have health you just have a special bar and thats how you kill. though there hasnt been very clear how the Kos work.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:24 pm

You're right, my bad. I saw somewhere else report where it just said face buttons, but I see that that article specified square triangle and circle.

Still, at least 15 moves which is on par with SSB. Possibly more.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:38 pm

i dont really think the total number of moves is very important. i mean the naruto games on ps2 have 1 attack button but it is still a very fun and engaging fighting system
Back to top Go down
IAmAwesomeSauce
Second Nation
IAmAwesomeSauce

Nation Reputation : 1

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:50 pm

Oh man. I was a competitive SSB player, and seeing as how it's basically the same formula, I'm already sold. I don't even care if it's ripping off, if it's a solid game, it's a solid game. This is my new most anticipated game! Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:59 pm

heck, just having a decent MP makes it worth while
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 5:32 pm

i dont really think the total number of moves is very important. i mean the naruto games on ps2 have 1 attack button but it is still a very fun and engaging fighting system
I'm just wondering how different moves are going to be. If you have a ton of moves, then it'll be hard to make each one feel unique and it would be a shame to not have each character feel completely unique.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 4:18 am

Anyone else have an image of Kratos tearing the other cutesy characters to peices?

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:55 am

Well.. Now I do.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:57 am

Awesome innit?

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 6:02 am

Well the thought of Kratos slicing the insides of Fat princess isnt exactly pleasant. Razz
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:27 am

well it was finally clearly confirmed, how you kill is you build your meter to do special attacks, and you need the special attacks to kill other players.

Also an up to date list of all the stuff thats confirmed to be in this game\
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:28 am

Sony has too many cutesy type characters though. Be all "Tra-la la la la" with sack boy, along comes Kratos and "POW" Sack boy tea bag Kratos and kills him or Kratos tears sack boy apart either way a bunch of kids are either going to be going "Cool" or bawling their eyes out.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 5:53 am

Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:18 am

Still not sold on the super moves to kill thing.

I just hate how you can be fighting one guy and then suddenly a super from someone else across the map will 1 hit kill you when you weren't even fighting them.

It shifts the focus from "staying alive" to "killing as fast as possible" and that doesn't sit right with me since I prefer stock amounts of lives to timed matches.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 8:23 pm

I'm intrigued
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 9:20 pm

Still not sold on the super moves to kill thing.

I just hate how you can be fighting one guy and then suddenly a super from someone else across the map will 1 hit kill you when you weren't even fighting them.

It shifts the focus from "staying alive" to "killing as fast as possible" and that doesn't sit right with me since I prefer stock amounts of lives to timed matches.
how is that any different then with a health system fighting one person only to have someone like radec who uses long range attacks to hit you from afar.

also according to IMBD kevin butler will be in this. how cool would it be to have kevin butler be the announcer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale   Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Fighting, Racing and Sports-
Jump to: