The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Avengers da movie

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 8:19 pm

So I getting ready to try to get tickets to see the Avengers opening night this Friday. I have two choices see the Imax 3d and get my kid to bed at a reasonable time or see the 2d and stay up late. I've only seen one 3d movie it was animated and I didn't like it all that much. Are 3d real action movies better ? Anyone see the 3d Avengers ?? My kid has been planning this for months so I don't want to disappoint him.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:32 pm

I haven't seen any 3D movies myself, and am putting off going to see this one until Sunday to avoid it. I think it's gimmicky as it is. We don't have the tech to really properly do this stuff. Need for glasses, etc. I'll welcome it if they can find a way to implement it well for a reasonable price. Unless I'm one of those people who gets sick trying to watch 3D stuff, which wouldn't surprise me.
Has anyone yet seen any movies with 3D that they thought really added to the experience?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Nation Reputation : 10

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:30 pm

I've seen about 8 3D movies in my time. 3 at the cinema and the rest at home. I've found Live-action with CG works quite well and animated movies are absolute rubbish. I think it's because the full animation is harder to distinguish layers from nothing, whereas the CG integration with a live-action adds that layered effect either in front of or behind the focal point. So if a character (Thor for instance) and the
Spoiler:

is layered behind him gave a much better effect.
As Mr.Monkey said, it all comes down to the equipment too. Especially in the filming process, and techniques of filming/generating images.

Also, I'm short sited and that sort of reduces the 3D effect with already blurred vision, so that too is a factor. Also, like most 3D movies today, there will be screen slicing in slow to rapid sections. In a few years 3D should be an almost flawless experience.

Otherwise, good luck with the film! I am yet to see it.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:14 am

Well I'll actually have 3 choices for Avengers to try and get tickets for Friday. 2d, 3d and Imax 3d. They want a pretty good premium for the Imax but from what I understand the Imax 3d standard is one of the best. The Imax sound system is way better than the regular version so that should be worth the premium price. If I don't like the 3d live action I'll have to suck it up. My kiddo has been saving up for this movie for months. I'll treat him to the show tho because he really scrimped and sacrificed to save the money. The important lesson was learned. I am pretty psyched to see this even if I can't get tickets Friday night I'll try to do it sometime over the weekend. Should I watch Thor before I see Avengers ?? I dont like the Hemsworth brothers so I avoid seeing their movies. but if it add to the Avengers experience I'll do it
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:54 am

I quite enjoyed the 3D version of it, although in fairness it was my first 3D movie since Freddy's Dead. There were some parts where I was like "What the f*** is that in my view... oh it's the camera going around something... Me bad."

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:02 am

You don't really need to see it, I'm sure they'll add some back story. Seeing Thor before The Avengers would only serve as a filler with little to no Avengers contribution other than the uh, "usual thing Marvel does"(see spoiler, regards other movies).
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 7:23 am

I recommend seeing Thor actually.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
i-like-ninjas
Fifth Nation
i-like-ninjas

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:16 am

Actually yes, see Thor first. Laughing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Yeah. Thor's main villain appears to play a large part in this movie, so it'd probably be best to see it first.

Back to top Go down

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:07 am

Just got back from watching it. Really awesome movie. I cannot recommend it enough.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:12 am

The same here, I have been waiting for this movie since I was like .. 7 years old. I am so happy just how good it is, especially after the horrible Captain America movie and the mostly "Ok" Thor movie.
kinda want Joss whedon to direct everyone of the marvel movies as of now Razz Atleast he can make the characters with little to no backstory 3 dimensional

10/10 Stars! Could not recommended more, if you want to have your face blasted off by awesomeness then this is a movie for you.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:25 am

I got up at 4am so I could be sure to get the IMAX 3d tickets. I scored 2 tickets for me and the boyo. I tried to get a hold of Thor today but no luck.... I could have bought it but I don't need to see it that bad.... I'm very familiar with THOR from comics so I bet I catch up on his back story pretty easily. I do know Loki is involved somehow. So far it seems you guys are all liking it so I bet I will also. I like Joss Whedon a lot Jolli I'm glad you think he did a good job. I've seen everything he has done from Buffy and Angel to Firefly and Serenity and even Dr. Horrible.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:29 am

I love Dr. horrible and Firefly, never had the chance to see buffy though Sad
Trust me Rrwatch.. this is well worth your money.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:36 am

Im psyched to see it now especially since i got the tickets and yours and others recommendations. I know Buffy doesn't seem like a manly show but I bought the whole set a while back so me and my daughter could watch it together over her summer vacation. Now its on Netflix
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:40 am

Yes for your daughter Razz
But yeah I think buffy is pretty good, because it has angel.. angel was a kick ass series there for buffy is probably kick ass.

It sucks to be an european sometimes, we have no streaming software like netflix or hulu.. Sad
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:16 pm

I leave for Avengers in one hour and with luck will be enjoying it in 2 hours. I was able to rent Thor today but it will have to wait til tomorrow sometime.I already bought the movie candy for me and my kiddo to SNEAK in... gummie bears and Reeses pieces for him preztel m&ms for me.

I know I'm a badass you don't have to say it out loud.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:11 am

Ill probably be watching this again some time soon. Definitely a movie I dont mind seeing more than once.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:44 am

Best comic book movie I've ever seen... ever. Joss Whedon did a great job with this one. I could see it again very easily . It certainly lived up to the raves it got from previous posters. The crowd I saw it with gave it a standing ovation when it ended.... I've only seen that a couple of times. The 3d was good but it made my eyes tired. I might like to see it in traditional format next time.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:08 am

Just saw it and was blown away, great superhero movie, good characters, good story, amazing score and special effects. No hero was overlooked and I will definitely buy this when it's out on DVD. Also, can't get enough of Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man !!
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 1:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Just saw it and was blown away, great superhero movie, good characters, good story, amazing score and special effects. No hero was overlooked and I will definitely buy this when it's out on DVD. Also, can't get enough of Robert Downey Jr's Iron Man !!

Downey's Iron Man was perfectly balanced in this movie. Just the right amount of snark and bravado... . In Iron Man 2 I kinda overdosed on his wiseass crack a little. In Avengers he had just the right amount of funny wisecracks.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Really ? I though he was overdosing a little in this movie, more hits than misses. :/
And Robert downey jr. is the greatest casting job for any comic book superhero.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 4:56 am

Just look at this CG.. Loook ! its amazing.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 9:09 am

jolli-timer wrote:
Really ? I though he was overdosing a little in this movie, more hits than misses. :/
And Robert downey jr. is the greatest casting job for any comic book superhero.

The crowd we sat with was tittering like little girls meeting Justin Beiber all tee hee, giggle,giggle . The films attention wasn't only aimed at Tony Stark because they had to pay attention to the other Avengers. The "Stark Snark" can be overbearing at times. That did break up the "Tony Shark" show a lot. Surprisingly The Hulk had some of the most humorous lines in the film imho. Still it is one of the most amazing film experiences I've ever had.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:11 am

Well worth it. Everyone seemed equally covered. Loved them all. Especially loved the woman in front of me while I was watching it in the Cinema. All jumping and dramatic mouth covers and "OMG!!" and "OH NOES!".
Joss Wheadon can do some good dialouge, some real great quotes in there.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 5:16 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Avengers da movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avengers da movie
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-
Jump to: