The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Avengers da movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Avengers da movie - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:00 am

No, no. This was the one where

Spoiler:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 6:16 am

Ahhhhh yeah, that part was awesome.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 2:53 pm

That part was hysterical. Especially with the look on his face afterwards. Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 3:12 pm

I can't find it right now, but I saw a little comic related to it.

Spoiler:

Laughing

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 3:15 pm

Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 4:53 am

Lols

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(Does contain spoilers, of course.)

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 5:19 pm

Yes, Loki's motivations were definitely... interesting. Thinking
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 6:45 pm

I finally watched Thor today, only the last half hour was good and the rest of the story bored the hell out of me. I only liked it when Thor was Thor and not Dr. Blake. I'm not surprised the movie ended up on Netflix. I also thought Natalie Portman's performance was meh. I'm almost glad I saw the awesome Avenger movie before I watched this. To recap....Avengers = OMG !!! Thor = meh.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:23 pm

I'll probably end up getting The Avengers on DVD when it releases. Believe you me, I only buy a select few movies on a disc, that shows how much I enjoyed it Smile.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Thor is automatically awesome since one of the story writers was J. Michael Straczynski.

bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Chamberdog
Second Nation

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 9:16 pm

I loved Thor, simply because the way they travel between planets is by tripping acid.

The Avengers was a let down. Couldn't decide what tone it wanted to go with. Ruined it for me. It bums me out, because the dialogue was great, it was wonderfully shot, the action was pretty fun, etc etc. It was really funny too! But that was the problem. It was trying to be all serious and heroic and hysterical, all at the same time. The tone was just to inconsistent for me to really see the film as anything more than just another action movie. I thought Captain America was a lot better.

Oh, but some of the story was pretty shitty. And really predictable. They telegraph how every single character is going to improve themselves, right from the start.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:59 pm

Did you see The Incredible Hulk beforehand? That set up the Hulk's story for The Avengers even though they changed the actor. IMO seeing that I wasn't surprised at all by the Hulk's way of dealing with things.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 1:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thor is automatically awesome since one of the story writers was J. Michael Straczynski.

bounce bounce bounce

Well my critique on Thor is not based on writers. I've been familiar with the Thor story for a few decades so I guess its was just the
the grinding out the story so folks who didn't know about Asgard could get into it. I really was bored by the "love" story also, it wasn't like they really shared a lot of time together. I think I've spent more quality time with a one night stand than those two did. Yet they fall deeply in love..... it just bored me to tears. A lot of comic movies face the challenge of relating to the fanboys and the noobies. I didn't think Thor rose to the occasion. As soon as Thor regained his powers the movies really rocked for me tho. I can understand your fan based critique tho I tend to do the same thing for certain writer/directors like Joss Whedon. i felt he did a fine job with the Avengers and people do have to realize its from a comic for crying out loud, we aren't talking Shakespeare here. People loved the wiseassery of Iron Man in the first two movies so they got it in spades in Avengers. I have to say I loved Mark Ruffalo's Hulk the best compared to any Hulk movie yet made and I did love the line about him always being angry, it fit right in with the action at the time.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Sort-of contains spoilers:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 4:24 am

^Win^

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avengers da movie   Avengers da movie - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avengers da movie

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-