The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Empty
PostSubject: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:47 am

Anyone has heard of this? what do you think?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Quote :

Suit Up and Tame the Galaxy in Outernauts

Space. It’s huge. Wouldn’t it be radtastic to have a career exploring this cosmic expanse of cosmicality? Ab. So. Lutely. Thankfully, Insomniac Games has just announced its newest game and universe. Introducing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], a galactic adventure role-playing game specifically tailored for Facebook. Outernauts casts players as members of United Earth’s elite Outernaut force. The Outernauts are charged with capturing and training exotic alien beasts as they protect the galaxy by battling pirates and evil corporations seeking to control it. Players will explore planets, discover loot, and fight asynchronously alongside or against friends to master a wild, untamed universe.

Space?! Pirates?! Space Pirates?! Yup, Outernauts has everything you need to fulfill your intergalactic traveling/alien-beast battling/space pirate-pounding fantasy.
Outernauts is currently in closed beta and will be opening up for all would-be cosmic adventurers very, very soon. In the meantime, check out the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. And keep an eye out tomorrow for a brand new Full Moon Show podcast discussing Outernauts as well.

For more exclusive sneak peeks of the game and for a chance to win a VIP pass to the closed beta – make sure to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. And if your "Liking" finger is feeling click-happy,[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], as well.

Get ready. You’ve got a galaxy to tame.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:59 am

Hmmm. I suppose I can give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. At least the main game is free to play.

Im still a little bitter with insom. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:20 am

But it's about pirates!!! Lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:07 am

Very true.

At least now they are making it obvious they just want a way to dig into your pockets.

Im sure that really cool rocket ship everyone will want cant just be earned in the game.

Start buying those FB credits!

I know. I am being too critical. The truth is its neat seeing them go down this path. Makes me kind of wish THEY did Global Resistance.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:49 am

Really... A facebook game.. umm, great ? I guess. Thinking
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:37 am

and so continues the fall of insomniac as one of THE top devs. Being able to crank out AAA titles on a yearly basis, then after that they slowly went downhill bit by bit after that. Now it doesnt seem like they arent even trying to come back from that.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:43 am

lol, you are all a bit negative, aren't you? Laughing

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:47 am

Not really, its just strange seeing the developer of the RAC, Resistance and spyro to take their time to develope a Facebook game.. atleast that is how I feel about it. Thinking
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:31 pm

Remember that they're still working on Overstrike this whole time, people.

Remember they had that "Insomniac Click" thing to do facebook games? They got rid of that name, but the fact is that it's still a separate little subsection. It's not like they're suspending R&C and Overstrike in order to do facebook games.

I shake my head at any of you who think this is showing a downward trend of Insomniac or something as silly as that. You wouldn't be saying that if they started developing awesome Android and iPhone games on the side, I guarantee it. You'd be praising them for making awesome games, but since it's facebook and follows some facebook cliches, you just assume it'll be farmville: outer space edition and terrible.

@Six-I'm not sure if they've explicitly stated this, but they've implied that you'll be able to play the full game without paying. As far as I know, the only incentive for payment is the energy system where you can only do so much at once before having to wait for your energy to recharge.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:44 pm

It's one of those micro-transactions games. You play the game for free but need to pay for things like extra jewels, power supplies, etc. You can do quite a lot without paying anything.

It's very IG, a bit redolent of Ratchet and Clank. In-game music is really good.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:54 pm

I hate Facebook Apps. They always want to have access to all your info.... I mean why does some game dev need to know everything about you? I don't mind the complete strangers I give access to all my pages like 6th nation facebook members . I love you thats how you make friendships. but why does 20 questions need to see pics of my kid? The thing about computer games I don't like is I am limited to a small screen and in front of my computer. I much prefer a huge screen and a easy chair. These little games might be the future of gaming because people can play them in short time frames idk if I like that. Hey if Insomniac makes a boatload of money that enable it to make good games like the FOM or RE2 Im all for it. I always felt like they were trying to save $$ or something with RE3.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 1:56 pm

I felt that with Resistance 3 they were just trying to piss off even more people than they managed with Resistance 2. Very Happy= :D Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:02 pm

I feel like they wanted to be done with Resistance after 2 and were forced to make a 3. That's what it felt like to me.

But for Outernauts, the whole newest Full Moon Show was dedicated to talking about it. If you want more info, give that a listen. They've stated that it won't be one of those annoying games that stealth posts things without asking you if you want to, which is a relief.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Every time you do something it asks you first if you want to share it, so you do get the final say.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:50 pm

Someone in the beta?^

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
But it's about pirates!!! Lol
Well, I'm out.
Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] 964794

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:41 pm

Remember they had that "Insomniac Click" thing to do facebook games? They got rid of that name, but the fact is that it's still a separate little subsection. It's not like they're suspending R&C and Overstrike in order to do facebook games.

I shake my head at any of you who think this is showing a downward trend of Insomniac or something as silly as that. You wouldn't be saying that if they started developing awesome Android and iPhone games on the side, I guarantee it. You'd be praising them for making awesome games, but since it's facebook and follows some facebook cliches, you just assume it'll be farmville: outer space edition and terrible.

@Six-I'm not sure if they've explicitly stated this, but they've implied that you'll be able to play the full game without paying. As far as I know, the only incentive for payment is the energy system where you can only do so much at once before having to wait for your energy to recharge.
I consider android/iphone games barely above facebook games, so no Id be saying the same thing. and when I talk about the downward spirial that is IG, i am not just talking about this one game, but their games in general
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:43 pm

I consider android/iphone games barely above facebook games, so no Id be saying the same thing. and when I talk about the downward spirial that is IG, i am not just talking about this one game, but their games in general

I have only seen improvement in thier games, So I dont know what you're talking about. The only fault they have is not knowing how to end their games, Im looking at you R2 and 3..

Also not neceserally saying that this is showing a downward trend, it is strange seeing a know big named puplisher focusing on something as stupid as a FB App..
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:51 pm

If there's money in it for them, they will do it. They're a business, after all. It's just whether or not people think they did a good job of it and like it.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:53 pm

Sadly, this best describes what the gaming industry is like today :/
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:59 pm

Well, one of the things IG seems to be doing lately is trying to reach audiences they haven't made games for and/or didn't exist years ago. They can now try making games for Xbox 360 players and Facebook users, which is something they've never done before. They're a game developer trying to make games.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Still, I don't see how this facebook game, is in anyway gonna reach an audiance from anyone. I have seen people play FB games, they don't care who made it, its just a time waster when on the FB messenger.

The avarage fb user, wont have the patience to google the name of the developer.

Last edited by jolli-timer on Sun May 13, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:06 pm

They don't need to know who made it to spend money on it. That's all IG needs them to do. Getting your name out there isn't important for Facebook games. They're designed to attract people by looking entertaining (YMMV) and being very Skinner Boxy.

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Well.. s**t. Dug the hole a little top deep. Razz

kinda sad though, turning to facebook games for profit, that does seem like a step backwards.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 9:57 am

Sorry guys. I know a couple of you have sent me invites for this game but...well...just like an Insom game, this P.O.S doesn't work at all for me. It freezes and locks up all the time.

Ya know? Insom should make a game called Frozen.
At least then they would be advertising the only thing they seem to be able to produce.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 4:34 am

Gotta love the direction they are taking everything.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]   Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outernauts (by Insomniac Games) [Facebook game!!]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Mobile and Social Games-
Jump to: