The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:42 am

What?
I'm not gonna f*** it.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:01 am

Laughing
I wondered...
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 3:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
FrostytheSnowmurai wrote:
"Big Boss Burger Platter" Should also have a Solid Snake Sandwich. Laughing

Cook me food and I'll let you know.

Your recipes that you do are good and sound great.
They usually come out tasting great, but the flavors and aroma don't seem as strong as when someone else is doing the cooking. Although, I am told the food I'm cooking smells/tastes great...

We are our worst critics. I will say this, there is a lot to be said for slow cooking.

That's for sure. I made pot roast in a slow cooker around a month or two ago. Such a great scent. That tenderness and juiciness... drools

*ahem*

Tried to keep it simple today. Cheeseburger wrapped in green lettuce. I put some baby spinach in there. Sauteed mushrooms, onion, and garlic in butter and turned it into a sauce with heavy cream. Poured that over the burger to help melt the cheese.

Smokehouse almonds are a nice replacement for crisps/chips/fries. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 4:48 am

Just wondering, do ye get a spray thing over there like this
Great for using as a cooking oil replacement, you don't taste the oil.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 11:45 am

Yeah, there's a "regular" one and a baking one. The baking one is magic.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 2:08 pm

Yep, we have them over here. I don't buy them though. Low-fat? Butter-flavor without the fat of real butter? BAH, heathens. There's canola spray, but I've noticed it has a flavor. The others are usually just olive oil, vegetable oil, and butter-flavor. I don't think we have any cooking sprays with neutral flavor oils like that sunflower oil you posted.

I generally use either butter or coconut oil for cooking. Sometimes I'll use the rendered fat from bacon or beef to cook some veggies or eggs. Sticking to olive oil for salad or a drizzle on cooked meat.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Well I like the baking one because when I make muffins they just pop right out with no problems. Hardly ever use it for anything else. There's parchment paper for that, which makes cleaning up a lot easier.

The paper is also really great for making cookies. Put some paper on the cookie sheet and put some dough on it. Throw those cookies into the oven and get another sheet of paper ready. When the cookies are cooked, pull the paper onto the cooling rack, slide the new paper on and throw the cookie sheet back into the oven. Take the cookies off the paper and put more dough on. Assembly-line cookie-making. Very Happy= :D Cool
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 5:55 pm

I simply lubed up the dish with a stick of butter back whenever I baked cornbread and banana bread. Parchment paper was great for those as well. Smile

I found a nice and simple recipe for tuna patties. Very Happy= :D
1x 6oz canned tuna
1x egg
1x 1oz. cream cheese

Mixed a can of yellowfin with the egg and cream cheese. The mixture was a tad loose since the can only contained 5oz, and I ate a small chunk to taste it. To remedy this, I diced up some mushroom stems. Was aiming for a chili lime flavor, so I added diced onion and cilantro with a little bit of lime juice. Seasoned with salt, pepper, granulated garlic, onion powder, chili powder, cayenne powder, cumin, and Hungarian paprika.

I separated the mixture into 3 patties and fried them on medium heat in 1Tbps of salted butter for 3~4 minutes per side. Gave them a gentle press down after flipping. Served them on a salad with some Provencal mustard, basil mustard, and mayo on the side.

Salad was just a baby spring mix with raw broccoli, sliced mushroom heads, and thinly sliced onion. Drizzled it with a vinaigrette made of blackcurrant mustard, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mayo, and salt&pepper. It tasted somewhat like a raspberry vinaigrette, but less sweet and a bit more zesty.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 am

If you can find it, I recommend it. Low heat cooking with this and the meat starts cooking it's own fat and juices.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 4:32 am

I swear by Groundnut oil, reaches a higher temperature than regular Olive or Sunflower before burning. Although I always use Olive oil for frying eggs, as I much prefer the taste. Very Happy= :D

Little tip: Always use Teflon pans and cover eggs when you fry them, it makes the yolks runny whilst still cooking the top and keeps the oil from covering your cooker-hob. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 5:08 am

I love to cook my eggs in olive oil too. Freaking yummy.
Ditto on the tip. Really does the job.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 8:13 am

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 9:26 am

The Frying Pan of Numardril, the only pan that can fry the eggs of the true king of Gondor.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 9:32 am

Isn't Teflon bad for you? scratch Or is it just if the pan gets too hot?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 9:42 am

If it gets too hot, 240 °C/464 °F.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Leo_Ho_Ho wrote:
I swear by Groundnut oil, reaches a higher temperature than regular Olive or Sunflower before burning. Although I always use Olive oil for frying eggs, as I much prefer the taste. Very Happy= :D

Little tip: Always use Teflon pans and cover eggs when you fry them, it makes the yolks runny whilst still cooking the top and keeps the oil from covering your cooker-hob.
Wink

I learned this from MGS4. Laughing

What heat do you use for the eggs?

I haven't used olive oil for frying eggs in a while. Should give it a try again...
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 4:52 pm

I don't like cooking my eggs that way. I like them on a low heat and then flipping them. I like the yolk "mushy" but not runny.

I also like scrambled eggs. I put some milk into a pan then whip eggs in it.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 4:11 am

The best way I've found to do scrambled is to separate the yolks and only whip them with the milk (black pepper and butter too for extra taste) then you whisk and fold in the whites like you would a Souffle.. Makes lovely soft and fluffy scrambled eggs, good for omelettes too. Wink

How did you get that from MGS4, Ninjey? Laughing

I generally whack the pan up full for my eggs, then drop them in as it's warming (gives you a chance to arrange them with yolks in the middle etc... [/kitchenOCD] Laughing ) I grew up on fried eggs having black, crispy edges that you couldn't eat so I always avoid crucifying them now. Laughing You need to get all your eggs done in one though, or let the pan cool down some before the next batch, because it gets far too hot after you've fried the first lot. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 4:36 am

Poached eggs are my new addiction.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:05 am

Done properly, or in the little holders? Thinking
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 7:14 am

I have never cooked my eggs in Olive oil. I have always used vegetable oil.
While doing my weekly grocery shopping last week, I saw some olive oil and almost picked it up as I was cooking pork chops but didn't. Shrug
Think I will try this, this Sunday breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:37 am

Leo_Ho_Ho wrote:
Done properly, or in the little holders? Thinking

Straight up proper, crack the egg and drop it in the boiling water. No stirring tricks or holders. They may come out smaller with less egg white but I prefer it like that. specially when you crack the yoke and it's a nice thick flow of yoke that you can dip the bread into and it covers the bread, OMNOMFREAKINGNOM!

I have never cooked my eggs in Olive oil. I have always used vegetable oil.
While doing my weekly grocery shopping last week, I saw some olive oil and almost picked it up as I was cooking pork chops but didn't. Shrug
Think I will try this, this Sunday breakfast.

It does the trick. I can't stand vegetable oil for frying.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:05 am

Do you strickly cook with olive oil?
The taste, .. Is it different or does it just fry better?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 9:54 am

Taste is different. And no I don't strictly cook with olive oil, it is a preference. I'll use a Sunflower Spray as well, that way you taste the food not the oil. But eggs cooked in olive oil is just fugging awesome.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 11:35 am

I thought olive oil was something you used for certain dishes, like if you're making Greek. You wouldn't use it for cooking things like muffins, right?

At least, that's the impression I got when I was making muffins and put olive oil in instead of canola oil and Mum said I was lucky the muffins didn't taste weird. Thinking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible   The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Food and Drink Thread | For any and all things edible

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat-
Jump to: