The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:48 pm

If only they had payment plans here in Canada. I played with their site, and I like what I see. Oh, well.

Here is what I am hoping to order in the next day or 2. The listing at the top of the page is the standard. If you scroll down you can see the changes I've made.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
D1LDOBAGG1NS
Fifth Nation
D1LDOBAGG1NS

Nation Reputation : 2

PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:14 pm

not a bad rig, uber expensive, lol. if that's what you get you wont have any issues w/ alot of games out nor the ones coming out. Really as I've been playing on and w/ mine I'm starting to want to phase out my consoles, games are cheaper run smoother and a wider selection and fully customizable to my needs as I need them.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 1:42 pm

ive already done that. I dont even have a console atm. just a vita and PC
Back to top Go down
D1LDOBAGG1NS
Fifth Nation
D1LDOBAGG1NS

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 2:40 pm

yeah i just ended my auto renewal for XBL and PS+
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 9:11 pm

So here's the final product. I tweaked the hell out of it, lol. Hopefully it will be ready for pick up tomorrow, if not it will be Tuesday... damn 4 day weekend! lol

This is first system I have ever, ever, ever bought; the first one that I didn't build myself, but I have configured the hell out of it.

Processor (CPU): AMD Vishara FX-8350 CPU | Socket AM3+ | Eight Core (4.2GHz) | 32nm

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 Motherboard | Socket AM3+ | AMD 990X | Up to 64GB 2400+ DDR3 4DIMM | 3-way CrossFireX/SLI | Gigabit LAN | 7.1 Channel Realtek

HD Audio | 2x USB 3.0 | 6x SATA 6 Gb/s | RAID

Memory (RAM):Corsair Vengeance Ultra RAM | 16 GB (4 x 4 GB) | 2133MHz | Dual Channel | DDR3 | PC3-17000 | Red

Case / Chassis: NZXT Phantom 630 Full Tower Gaming Chassis | Side window | Gunmetal Finish

Power Supply: Enermax 920Watt Revolution85+ CrossFireX Modular Silent Power Supply - Retail

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio Advanced CPU Cooler For Overclocking | 240W CPU Support | LGA2011/1366/1155/1156/775/AM3/AM2+/AM2
Thermal Controller

Case Rear Exhaust Fan 120x120x25 mm, 2000rpm, 21dBA (exhaust)
Round IDE HD Cable [1] Coolmax 18" SATA Cable 2-Head Model SATA 18" 2H - BLUE
Round IDE HD Cable [2] Coolmax 18" SATA Cable 2-Head Model SATA 18" 2H - BLUE

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (7200) 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s, 64MB Cache - WD1002FAEX

CD Writer (CDR/DVDR): LG CH12LS28 Blu-Ray Combo Reader | 10x BluRay Read | 16x DVD±RW/RAM Read/Write | SATA | Black

Video Card (GPU): Saphire Ati Radeon HD7970 Vapor-X 1000MHz Core GE | 3GB 6000MHz GDDR5 | PCI-E | DX11 | 2x Display Port | ATI Eyefinity | DVI | HDMI | 2 Mini DisplayPort | Dolby TrueHD And DTS-HD Master Audio™ | Retail

Sound Card (APU): Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE | 5.1 Surround Sound | PCI-Express

Operating System: Windows 8 (64-bit)

I am installing Windows, not them so, I can configure it the way want, and not install the useless crap. I think it's great they are letting me do this.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 2:32 am

Thats a pretty sweet setup Rhynox. I havent built a computer in YEARS. IS there any reason to have both the Realtek 7.1 and the Creative 5.1 surround do you use both ?
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 3:43 am

The Realtek is built in to the motherboard. I hate on board sound, so I got a sound card. Just something "small" since I always use headphones.
Back to top Go down
D1LDOBAGG1NS
Fifth Nation
D1LDOBAGG1NS

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 7:29 am

my next upgrade is probably going to be a different CpU cooler from the one that came with mine, also wanting to up to the amd 7900 series GPU's if I could afford it right now i'd go for 2 7970's in crossfire w/ a new MoBo since my current one isn't SLI/Crossfire capable but my case can hold it all (NZXT Source 210 w/ window mod)

Now i have my sound driven by my onboard it's not bad at all since it can handle 5.1, really Asus has it down w/ their on board systems. Also seeing you're going to run w8 over 7, 8 isn't the friendliest for OC'ing as I've found out over the past month.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 3:00 am

I'm not much of an OC'er myself, but the ASUS software for this mobo, and the mobo itself are both Windows 8 tuned, I can make BIOS adjustment from within Windows, and can even flash the BIOS while in standby mode.

I love the 7970 Vapor-X, GREAT bang for your buck. Pure power for dollar... nothing else beats it. When they go down in price, I will probably pick up another one for X-Fire Smile

Nice thing about getting this card right now... I got Crysis 3, and BioShock Infinite for free!

One thing I just found out about (I was a Nvidia boy before this), is that X-Fire duo almost doubles your output, where as SLI is only 60-70% increase.

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 9:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The Realtek is built in to the motherboard. I hate on board sound, so I got a sound card. Just something "small" since I always use headphones.

Yeah I get it. I have Realtek 7.1 HD built in also on my non-gaming computer. It sounds great with speakers but I have to use an external
DAC/ headphone amp when I use my better quality headphones.
Back to top Go down
D1LDOBAGG1NS
Fifth Nation
D1LDOBAGG1NS

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 12:44 pm

so far the 7750 2GB Ghost Edition has been a nice card compared to the crap it came w/ lol even though for entry level it wasn't too bad (HD6450)
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 11:45 am

Since this thread has been gaining traffic I'm just gonna go ahead and rename it so that its more noticeable and intresting for the people wondering about Computers or just looking to show of his/her set up. Smile
Back to top Go down
D1LDOBAGG1NS
Fifth Nation
D1LDOBAGG1NS

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:15 pm

LoL, so what did you end up getting btw?
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:16 pm

I never got around to buying the PC, but next month hopefully I'll buy the rig I posted here at first. bounce
Back to top Go down
D1LDOBAGG1NS
Fifth Nation
D1LDOBAGG1NS

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:19 pm

there are a crap-ton of deals out there now so you'll find a good machine/rig on the cheap (ish).
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:25 pm

Unfortunetly I can't order any pc parts outside norway, Its freaking annoying having sites like Newegg dangling in front of me and I can't even use it practically...
Back to top Go down
D1LDOBAGG1NS
Fifth Nation
D1LDOBAGG1NS

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:52 pm

that sucks but it is what it is, guessing that's a rule set by your parents too.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm

Nah, they don't care, they trust the internet. Its the site's them selves that are hindering me.
Back to top Go down
D1LDOBAGG1NS
Fifth Nation
D1LDOBAGG1NS

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:05 pm

oh weird. . you look into iBuyPower or Cyberpower
Back to top Go down
D1LDOBAGG1NS
Fifth Nation
D1LDOBAGG1NS

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:08 am

Well just picked up a set of Logitech LS2 Speakers for my machine, so far awesome for the price ($30 US). (2.1 speaker system)
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:54 pm

I haven't had speakers hooked up to my PC in over 13 years lol. I'm a headset guy, since I usually am using Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, etc. while gaming.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:56 pm

I haven't had speakers hooked up to my PC in over 13 years lol. I'm a headset guy, since I usually am using Ventrilo, TeamSpeak, etc. while gaming.

Yeah I been heavily into headsets for music for a while , got like a dozen or so now strictly for music so I can Rock out late at night. Lately Ive been using a combination of AKG K142 semi-open and a pair of Creative Aurvana Live aka the reincarnation of the Denon AH-D1001. I have a couple of DAC and headphone amps the detail is amazing I'll even use regular headsets for gaming on my PS# and the good ones are like a different experience from my speakers
Back to top Go down
D1LDOBAGG1NS
Fifth Nation
D1LDOBAGG1NS

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:22 am

I use my PS3 headset w/ my Vent, TS, and mumble but have only chat coming through the headset. Also I would get a wifi music bridge to go to my pre-amp on my home stereo but in the end I'd rather keep them separate.
Home Stereo is a Rotel Pre-Amp and a 100w x 6 channel amp w/ Polk Monitor 40's on the fronts, still working on getting my center and rear channels setup
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 12:49 pm

I use my PS3 headset w/ my Vent, TS, and mumble but have only chat coming through the headset. Also I would get a wifi music bridge to go to my pre-amp on my home stereo but in the end I'd rather keep them separate.
Home Stereo is a Rotel Pre-Amp and a 100w x 6 channel amp w/ Polk Monitor 40's on the fronts, still working on getting my center and rear channels setup

I use my PS3 as a music server , I hooked up an external amp to my desktop . It works real well and PS3 Server is free, Google it. Oh and a $ Rotel $ ?? You had to get that before you had kids ! LOL Wonder if starting a Music equipment thread would work ??
Back to top Go down
D1LDOBAGG1NS
Fifth Nation
D1LDOBAGG1NS

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 1:14 pm

lol a friend of mine got a new Rotel Pre-amp so I picked it up for the cheap from him and the same w/ the amp, and no kids just a dog and a g/f lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.    PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PC discussion thread: Custom Rigs, Parts, Battlestations, Questions and all of the above.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Hardware and General Discussion-
Jump to: