As some may recall, last October I took donations to sponser me as I gamed for 24 hours straight. The proceeds went to a childrens hospital inside the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
of hospitals. I chose for my donations to go to one of the hospitals in my area.
I had never really set out to play games for so long. Im sure I have come close in just casual play. The challenge seemed interesting. The cause was good. I took my donations, exceeded my goal some thanks to some of you here, and started my run.
It was a blast, and I told myself I had found a new tradition. At the time, there were talks of setting up a Sixth Nation team for the 2012 event.
I have done just that. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
is a link to the team page. There is a button on the right hand side that says JOIN THIS TEAM.
Click that to get in. I set our goal low. In fact, it is under what I raised alone. Together I am sure we can not only exceed it....but set a new standard for ourselves next year.
To keep to our very own theme of world wide gaming community, this year I have chosen to have the teams proceeds sent to the
Children’s Hospital for Wales in the UK. Next year, we will pick a different location. If you join, and get to select a location, please choose this same one. You can, if you want, select one close to you, but I like the idea of the community working together to help one place at a time.
WHEN: October 20, 2012 @ 8am (Or choose a date that works for your schedule)
WHERE: Anywhere you like to game (Most people play from home!)
GAME/PLATFORM: Play any games on any platforms you want including mobile devices!
HOW IT WORKS: Simply ask your friends and family to sponsor your efforts. They can make a monthly pledge or a one-time gift. Then, have a seat and play games on October 20th.
WHO IT BENEFITS: Gamers select the children's hospital they want to play for during registration. In the US and Canada there are more than 170 CMN Hospitals to choose from. Players may also choose to play for hospitals in the UK and Australia.
Please donate or join. Or hey, maybe even both. This is a great cause.
* Last year, Extra Life raised more than 1.2 million dollars
* Children’s Miracle Network saves and
improves the lives of children by raising
funds for 170 children’s hospitals.
* Children’s Miracle Network hospitals
treat 17 million children each year
for every disease and condition
imaginable—from asthma and broken
bones to cancer and heart defects
* Since 1983, Children’s Miracle Network
has raised more than $3.4 billion for
hospitalized children—most of which
is donated a dollar or two at a time
by individuals throughout the United
States, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom
* Children’s Miracle Network raises funds
through a number of corporate sponsors
and events such as the annual Children’s
Miracle Network Celebration
* Each year, Children’s Miracle Network
hospitals provide more than $2.5
billion in charitable care; these nonprofit children’s hospitals depend on
Children’s miracle network Hospitals:
- Treat 98% of all children needing heart or lung transplants.
- Treat 88% of all children with cancer.
- Treat 76% of all children with cystic fibrosis.
- Treat 90% of all children with sickle cell anemia.
- Treat 72% of children with pediatric AIDS.
- Devote 60% of their services to children under age 6.
- Train 60% of pediatricians and 80% of all pediatric specialists.
- Educate families about issues like child safety seats, helmet safety and bicycle safety.
- Devote nearly a quarter of their care to newborns, who require the most intensive nursing and medical care of all patients.
- Provide $2.5 billion in charity care each year.