The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Empty
PostSubject: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Who doesn't like a good Jack-O-Lantern around Halloween right? Well, I myself do, and I figured I'm probably not the only one. With a little help and inspiration from our festive new background here, I figured why not have a pumpkin carving contest! Lets' get into the specifics:

*1 Entry per Forum Member*

*Submit a photo to me via PM as your official entry*

*A winner will be chosen for the different categories as follows*
- Best In show
- Funniest Pumpkin
- Cutest Pumpkin
- Scariest Pumpkin

*Voting will be done for Best In Show via a poll in this thread once entries are submitted. Individual category winners will be voted upon by those wishing to be appointed as judges.

*Judges WILL NOT be allowed to enter the contest*

*Deadline for entries is October 31st 2012, 12:00 PM Midnight EST*

Winners will receive something, I'm just not sure yet. I'm open to suggestions. Perhaps having their pumpkins being converted into sigs?

Participants
-Six
-Cel
-Jolli
-iRideAPalmer

Judges
-Wadey
-RatchetH22
-StreetxRacer13

Last edited by StreetxRacer13 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:44 am

Me and Six are in..
Seperately of course.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:50 am

I'm not that into Halloween over here
But I'd help in judging if you like mate Smile
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 7:06 am

Aww yeah! finally I can join one of these! Never been able to get a pumpkin before I moved here... Sweut!
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:47 am

Oh.. And btw--
+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:06 am

Bacon wrote:
I'm not that into Halloween over here
But I'd help in judging if you like mate Smile

Same. Ill offer to judge as well.
Back to top Go down
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation
iRideAPalmer

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:01 am

Hmmm last year i did a Mikko and a simba pumpkin... what this year
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:33 am

Wish I could find or make one even, a pattern of:

The 6th Nation

Or some shit.... Thinking
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:06 am

Thanks for the support everyone. I'm glad to see people are interested!

Use your imagination Cel! Be creative! That's what this is all about.

I'll probably carve one myself and share with you all, but since it's my contest I feel it's more appropriate that I'm one of the judges Laughing

OP has been edited with some information in regards to voting procedures, judges and participants.
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:21 am

Just a suggestion here, Streety but maybe we include ourselves in the pic with our pumpkins. Just so we all know it's authentic? Thinking
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:42 am

NO! .. I mean.. sure...

Curses.
Razz
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 7:52 am

Jolli The Friendly Ghost wrote:
NO! .. I mean.. sure...

Curses.
Razz
Twisted Evil
Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:40 pm

Bride of FrankenSix wrote:
Just a suggestion here, Streety but maybe we include ourselves in the pic with our pumpkins. Just so we all know it's authentic? Thinking
Have people send in two pictures: one with you and your pumpkin and without you in it. That way you know it's yours and you can still be anonymous.

Of course, that would mean you'd have to know what other members look like. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:19 am

I know what you all look like.
I can be a judge if it's still needed.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SwiftJusticeATX
Fifth Nation
SwiftJusticeATX

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:06 pm

Soooo a pic of my pumpkin and one of me in it. I know things are bigger in Texas , but not that big. Either way, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Well, if people are PM'ing me a picture of their pumpkins for poll purposes, why would I need a picture of them with it? I can just reference the PM to see who wins once all votes are tallied up.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 8:42 pm

I see what you mean though, to tell if the photos are just ripped from google. I suppose that's a good idea. I'll just post the member less ones in the OP and keep the others in my PM box and share after the contest.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:28 pm

Tonight at 12:00 Midnight EST is the deadline for entries! So far I've only gotten one so it looks like it'll be a win by default!
Back to top Go down
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation
iRideAPalmer

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:42 pm

...i never had time to carve my pumpkin this year Sad
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm too poor to buy a pumpkin.. I'm sorry Streety... Sad
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:45 pm

It's ok guys. I'll try to get this running again next Halloween. Hopefully there's a better turnout lol.
Back to top Go down
SwiftJusticeATX
Fifth Nation
SwiftJusticeATX

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:59 pm

My entry was too awesome anyway. If you look closely, you can see actual letters carved in it.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I see what you mean though, to tell if the photos are just ripped from google. I suppose that's a good idea. I'll just post the member less ones in the OP and keep the others in my PM box and share after the contest.
yea, if you just have them submit the pic of the pumpkin I could take credit for all these

Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:19 pm

That's precisely why we changed it, so that we know that no one is pulling pictuers off Google.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:24 pm

that was reddit Razz

half my reason for posting that was an excuse to show those cool pumpkins. saw one a couple weeks ago of limbo that was pretty awesome, couldnt find it though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!   The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sixth Nation's Halloween Jack-O-Lantern Contest!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Community Gatherings :: Contests and Events-
Jump to: