The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Hunger Games Trilogy.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

Nation Reputation : 11

The Hunger Games Trilogy. Empty
PostSubject: The Hunger Games Trilogy.   The Hunger Games Trilogy. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:17 am

Has anyone else read these Amazing books? bounce
This series comes to a close second behind Harry Potter.
I started reading these 3 years ago, before everyone started trending since the movie.

So, what are your thoughts? Smile
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games Trilogy.   The Hunger Games Trilogy. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:30 am

Lisa, my girlfriend, has being trying to get into it but she doesn't get her interest held for long.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games Trilogy.   The Hunger Games Trilogy. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 7:26 am

When I saw the first movie.. and Hated it, I decided to give the book's a chance. Got to about chapter 8 until I put it down...
Needless to say, I hated the book aswell...

Well I guess I can look on the bright side.. at least nobody was needlessly shaking the book every goddamn second while I was trying to read it.
Back to top Go down
Kidchimera00
Seventh Nation
Kidchimera00

Nation Reputation : 14

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games Trilogy.   The Hunger Games Trilogy. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 1:31 pm

I found the books really entertaining and knocked them out one after the other in about a week per book.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games Trilogy.   The Hunger Games Trilogy. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Well, I guess the books aren't for everyone. I respect that. I thought they were really good nonetheless, then again I love fantasy/horror kind of books and that was close enough :3

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games Trilogy.   The Hunger Games Trilogy. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 4:00 am

I haven't tried them myself, so I can't really comment on it. But I have a feeling I'll end up fanboying and comparing it to Battle Royale.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games Trilogy.   The Hunger Games Trilogy. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 10:10 am

I read the first book. It was okay but it's not a book I think I'll be rereading anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games Trilogy.   The Hunger Games Trilogy. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:09 am

I didnt like what they did at the end of the last one but they were still good in my opinion. Unique.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games Trilogy.   The Hunger Games Trilogy. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 2:47 pm

My wife and daughters have read them and raved about them. We just got the movie on DVD last month so I watched that with them. I thought the movie was okay, but not great. I think I'll give the books a go though. But before I do, I've got Iain M Banks's new novel to read first (arrived yesterday).
Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games Trilogy.   The Hunger Games Trilogy. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 am

Yay Very Happy= :D
If your family liked it or you read that kind of genre then you may like it too Smile
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games Trilogy.   The Hunger Games Trilogy. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yay Very Happy= :D
If your family liked it or you read that kind of genre then you may like it too Smile

Im in the same boat as Eat.. my son and wife have read them but I haven't. I'll start soon 'cause my kiddo is in love with them and I'd like to share his experience. This is his first pretty cool semi-grownup series of books, Im trying to get him into Harry Potter, read them all with my daughter.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games Trilogy.   The Hunger Games Trilogy. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:52 am

They're really good, rr. I think you'll enjoy them.
Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games Trilogy.   The Hunger Games Trilogy. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 7:50 pm

I didn't really liek how the third book ended though :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games Trilogy.   The Hunger Games Trilogy. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games Trilogy.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Books, magazines, and comics-
Jump to: