The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The nations biggest loser

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 8:37 am

No, lol. Endomono Sports Tracker, and app for my phone (avaialbe on iPhone, Blackberry, and Android). There are two version, free and pro ($3.99 CDN). The only difference is interval training, and ghosing (race yourself).

Allows my iTunes to play in the backround, while working, and has an audio coach that I have set up to let me know when I hit every 1km, the time it took, and compares it to the last km.

I recently got new running shoes, some nice Sauconys, and I LOVE THEM! Like running on clouds that fit like socks!

That was my best run to date, since I started. I usually run for 3, walk for 2, etc. I went ~11 minutes before walking for 2, then finished the run. 3km in total, with a 500m cool down walk after. This was a "fitness test" that was added to the app after the last update, now I can try it again in a month, and see how I have improved (hopefully improved). Currently, my fitness level is low, but I will get there!

If anyone gets the app, let me know, we be friends! lol

More info on the App: Uses GPS; You can create, routes, see other's routes, see you route, connect to a heart rate monitor, see elevations, etc. You can scroll through your whole workout, and see your speed, distance, elevation at any given second, and it isn't limited to running/walking, it has everything in there from playing baseball to martial arts, from weight lifting to kayaking.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:01 am

Dam I thought they where some super high tech shoes lmao

on a side note total lost weight so far is 7 pounds
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 9:56 am

Still maintaining after my initial loss

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 12:11 pm

Got the app , I was surprised it works on my windows phone Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SwiftJusticeATX
Fifth Nation
SwiftJusticeATX

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 11:56 pm

Everyone sounds like they're doing great. Nice work! I'm maintaining and slowing adding more lean mass.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:53 pm

I really like that app rynox , thanks for sharing it .

I found a pretty neat calorie counter app well browsing through the app store. It has a lot of food you just search for and it already has the information for the food , you can also set up a target weight and it will have you put in your age and height and a few other things I believe then give you a calorie amount you should try to intake daily . When you put in your food it will show you what percentage of your calorie intake you are sitting at for the day .

you can also save meals and frequent food so you don't have to search them up constantly . It does let you put in exercise but its more of an estimate on how much calories you burn . It will also give you a net loss or gain on the total intake of the day . Its called calorie counter but I can't remember the creators name . If anyone is interested I'll look it up for you .

on another note 5 more pounds till I'm under 200
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 3:51 am

YOU KIN DOIT!

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:58 am

Lmfao I haven't seen that movie in forever

also if any one else gets the endomondo app rynox was talking about we should have a little race , on the web sight it shows your statistics and one of them is how man trips around the world you have . We could have a sixthnatio round the world race
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 4:52 am

I would love to, but I do not run. Ever. A mass murder could be chasing me I ain't running.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:19 am

You could just walk lmao Razz

I found out this morning I walk three miles faster then I jog three miles O.o
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 7:21 am

I'm good with walking.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Im going to Denver ComicCon, staying for 3 days ( Fri. thru Sun.) in the Hyatt. Every meal will be eaten out at a restaurant except for Sunday where we plan to hit up Elitch Gardens the amusement park for the day after 11 Am checkout. I do not anticipate eating healthy..... I am hoping walking around all day will offset some of the caloric intake but I'm not counting on it
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 2:20 pm

Have a great time ! Walking around alot and standing instead of sitting should help , but who really cares when your going down to have a good time for the weekend. I wouldn't lose any sleep of the calorie count this weekend lol
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:49 am

Yeah, enjoy your weekend, don't fret. The weekend of the 20th, I'm heading to Buffalo with 6 other guys for my buddies bachelor party weekend. Before anyone asks "Why Buffalo", we are all huge baseball fans, and fans of the Toronto Blue Jays. The Jays' farm team is the Buffalo Bisons. Bison games are dirt cheap and the beer (although American beer - Not to be offensive, but as a Canadian, it will be tough!) is dirt cheap. It's going to be a blast, but I will probably gain 10 lbs! haha

On a healthy/happy note, I have increased my running "skill" in the last week, and I'm very happy with myself. In one week I went from 3km with a walk break, to 4.2km with no breaks, and an decrease in the average time per km!

On another note, I really need to get new suits for work soon! Great feeling for my body/health, bad feeling for my wallet!

Down another 3lbs Smile

PS - The rough calculation for km to mi is 1km = 0.6 miles
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:27 am

So managed to get myself back into the swimming pool. Had the perfect excuse, taking Conor for his first swim. Got me hooked back into it as well, considering it's being 10 years since I got back into one. Used to be able to do 50 lengths okay, now I struggle with just 2.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:14 pm

Lost 3 lbs last week, too hot to frigging eat and prepping my garden and planting plus assorted yard work.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:22 pm

Nice job RR Very Happy= :D so far I'm about ten pounds down , getting under 200 is getting frustrating lol
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:27 am

My total is 8 lbs so far. I was about 45 lbs lighter than I am now my whole adult life til I got undiagnosed thyroid and gained almost 100 lbs and ended up in the hospital with kidney disease. I also have a lot less muscle mass now. The plateau thing is a b!t_h, they say to try different tactics to fool your body into continuing to lose weight.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 4:22 am

Another pound lighter myself, Summer really is the best time to lose weight cause you are out more wanting to do more.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:47 am

Another 2.1, woo!

Also, starting to really enjoy running and being outside... Weird! My PS3 is jealous that mother nature and I are spending time together! :'(
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:22 am

Quick, buy it a new game, Last of Us is out tomorrow. :-p Well done on the loss... Should we really call it a loss cause whenever its weight that is lost it feels like we gain something even though we don't gain any weight...

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:31 am

Haha! As much as I want The Last of Us, I'm really focusing on debt abolishment! I'm tired of debt, and I want to move. I've bought 1 game this year, and I used to buy multiple games a month!

I agree on the term loss. As I have stated before I do this for my kids, they need their dad around for a long time. I will call it a Dad Protection and Support score. Any weight loss number increases the score by the lbs lost, and gained is negative. The higher the points, the better for the kids.

DPS Score is at 48.7 since Jan!
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:49 am

nice job RR , I really enjoyed jogging a few times , but latley its been non stop rain so I have been going to the gym and doing the elyptical . I have noticed I can go a full half hour at a steady speed and not run out of breath Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SwiftJusticeATX
Fifth Nation
SwiftJusticeATX

Nation Reputation : 12

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 6:49 pm

It's nice to hear about everyone's success. It drives me to keep going. I too do it for my family. Anything lost is a gain in quality of life. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:12 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Haha! As much as I want The Last of Us, I'm really focusing on debt abolishment! I'm tired of debt, and I want to move. I've bought 1 game this year, and I used to buy multiple games a month!

I agree on the term loss. As I have stated before I do this for my kids, they need their dad around for a long time. I will call it a Dad Protection and Support score. Any weight loss number increases the score by the lbs lost, and gained is negative. The higher the points, the better for the kids.

DPS Score is at 48.7 since Jan!

I am probably the cheapest son of a B here. Every dollar I save on  stuff is more $ in my pocket. I do have a mortgage at 2.67 percent. Otherwise no debt. Between the tax advantages and inflation I might be making money on it !! Lost 2 lbs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The nations biggest loser    The nations biggest loser  - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The nations biggest loser

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Community Gatherings :: Contests and Events-
Jump to: