The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed Empty
PostSubject: Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed   Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi everyone! Very Happy= :D

Show off your photography skills! What do you do or see this holiday season?

Take a picture of something you'd see in December or January (be it your Christmas tree, a snowy scene outside or maybe hanging out at the beach) and private message it to me. On 16 January I will stop accepting pictures and will post them in the OP here and you can all vote on your favourite picture. Smile

I know there are a wide variety of cameras out there with a wide range of abilities, so do your best with what you have. We won't worry about picture quality (like how grainy it may be) but what's in the picture. That's what's really important anyway. Smile

When uploading, upload your photo to a site such as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so other people can't tell who took it by looking at the image info.

Voting will close on 31 January, and the winners will be revealed. All participants will receive a userbar showing that they participated in the contest with the 3rd, 2nd and 1st place winners receiving 3rd place, 2nd place and 1st place userbars.

There might be a little extra something too for the winner. I haven't decided yet. Wink

Some tips:
- Cameras like light, so taking pictures outside will look better than those taken at night or indoors. Yes, being indoors counts as dark, unless you have a lot of light on your subject. Pictures in the dark will appear grainier than pictures taken in lots of light.
- If you do want to take a picture in the dark, try to find a way to stabilize your camera on a solid surface or use a tripod.
- Long exposures can help in dark settings, and can produce some cool effects with a little creativity. Wink

Have fun! Very Happy= :D

Last edited by Azira on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed   Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 9:12 pm

So, the first prize winner will get a choice of:

A $20 PSN card to the Canadian PSN Store (you will need a Canadian PSN account to use the card, it won't work on a US or European account)

OR

A 1400 MS point card (which is worth $20 here. I think this will only be usable in Canada. Sorry non-Canadians.)

OR

Up to $20 US of Steam content of your choice (you can pick some things on the store and I'll gift them to you)

Anyone interested in the contest? You can post you're interested y'know. Razz
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed   Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 6:11 am

I'm sure we could find a way of making that Psn card worldwide, 'Zira. Wink
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed   Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:15 am

Orly?

Are you suggesting somethin'?

I see on the US Amazon store you can buy codes for those amounts, so I guess US equivalents shouldn't be too much trouble.

Why does the US get so many options? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed   Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 10:44 pm

You all have just over a week to get something in. Surely there are some pictures out there, waiting... Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed   Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 11:40 am

So not a single person entered. Sad

I was hoping to see some pretty pictures. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed   Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 1:14 am

Sad I didn't even know this was here...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed   Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sixth Nation Holiday Photography Contest! - Closed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: User Gen :: Graphic Artists (sigs, manip, etc)-
Jump to: