The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Please use this thread for any feedback and discussion for the Forum Trophies. Any posts about feedback or discussion in the acquiring thread will be moved here.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:10 am

Umm I musta mist the how and where Az?
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:53 am

I love them! They're an awesome Idea!

Exept there is no trophy for 40 plus Angry :angry: Razz
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 3:14 am

wheres the trophy list?

EDIT* found it Wink
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 6:54 am

Clap
Great job Stella. You rock girl.
Awesome idea.

Added- +1
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 11:27 am

Thanks. Smile This is something that has been stewing behind the scenes for a while, and it's something that we'd like to keep working on.

You've probably noticed that there aren't a whole lot of them at the moment. We're looking for ideas. That said, there will not be any trophies related to making threads or posting in them as it will just lead to spam. We've seen it happen before at another place, so we're not going to do it here.

Feel free to through other ideas around though. We'll try to figure out which ones will work and see about adding the ones that do. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 11:35 am

How about a " Good Samaritan " trophy for those who participate in fundraising and things related?
Being that is it isn't something that is practiced a lot (which should be fixed) in the Nation, it will make earning one a challenge and may be used as a motivational tool when such events are in place.

Shrug
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:08 pm

so cobalt asked for my feedback, so here is my blunt unfiltered opinion.

I think the concept is great, the execution is lacking. I've seen similar things on other boards, but having to use pics in the sigs is kind of a "ghetto" (for lack of a better word) way to do it. most boards that do this have it intergrated into the board itself, so the icons appear on the left under the avatar. they are very small square icons with symbols. where highlighting it will show text explaining what it does. and viewing someones profile lists all their "trophies".

this way they take up very little space, but are also always on display, not just in a spoiler tag that has to be manually clicked to view. for example take cel (since his post is right above the text box i am typing this up on.) I might click that spoiler tag once or twice, and see what he has, but when he earns more I am going to be totally oblivious.

I assume since you guys arent doing it this way, is because type of forum doesnt support it, or because it is the free version.

also some suggestions for other trophies are things that encourage active posts. things like amount of posts, amount of topics created. polls made, voted in polls. (not sure which stats this site tracks)
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:41 pm

Quote :
I assume since you guys arent doing it this way, is because type of forum doesnt support it

Yup. Just one of the many limitations of forumotion software, I'm afraid. We just have to do the best we can with what we've got.
Really though, it's on par with any other gaming trophy system, PSN trophies, Achievements, etc. They all require you to actively seek them out to find out what someone else has. It's more for those who personally like to collect stuff. You're as involved as you want to be with it.
I believe we're also considering making a number of "hidden" trophies. Ones we just don't tell you how to get, so the collectors might want to check in on someone else's stuff every so often. Or more probably, a group could work together to try to find them.

I believe we've shied away from ones that depend on post or topic counts because they encourage spam posts. Not the Random Chat good kind of spam either. The nasty kind that gets all over the place and just clogs up the works.
Voting in polls, if the site does track it, might be a good one.

Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Cobalt-1
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:48 pm

comparing trophies on this board to trophies from playing video games is apples to oranges. compared to other boards this is weak sauce.

encouraging posts is a good thing. especially with how active this board is. you can take other measures to deal with spammers
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 5:21 pm

I'm not disagreeing that other types of forum have a better trophy system. Again, our software just doesn't support it.

However, this way of doing trophies is similar to PSN ones regardless of the difference in format.

Encouraging worthwhile posts is a good thing. Covering topics in spam is not. You just end up with a bunch of completely unfocused topics about nothing that no one is enjoying. There's no sense sacrificing value for volume.
What other methods for dealing with spammers would you suggest? We're not too active now, but if this helps to bolster forum activity we will be (not that we remotely expect it to single handedly or anything).

Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:01 am

Well I think it's a neat idea, my two main issues with these forums are how inactive topics are and off-topic posting, I would welcome any changes that lessen these negatives.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:33 am

... Less threads ... maybe ?

We could have a thread for each one of the different genere's in gaming, such as for FPS, RPG etc, where we can discuss and review Etc, the games.

insted of making hundreds of threads that have the lifespan of a house fly.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 11:52 am

Wouldn't that make it infinitely more difficult to hold a long conversation with anyone? Say you come in and want to talk about Black Ops, but Mitch comes in and goes on a rant about BF3. What you want to discuss is lost while everyone who has had the same problems as in the rant wants to talk about those. We could have two active topics that don't take away from one another, but instead we have only one, if that. Because if people can't consistently talk about what they want to, then they'll stop posting.

@Mitchell wrote:
Well I think it's a neat idea, my two main issues with these forums are how inactive topics are and off-topic posting, I would welcome any changes that lessen these negatives.

...he said, posting it in the thread specifically about trophy feedback.
Nananana

We'd love to hear about any suggestions for other parts of the forum you all may have in The Suggestion Box section. (It's always been available, but since it's in the Things You Should Know section with the forum rules, naturally no one has read it. Rolling Eyes Laughing)
Remember, we're all equal here. Everyone has a say in the running of the Nation. Everyone has a voice. Admins and mods are just the ones entrusted with the tools to put what you want (within reason and our abilities) into motion. So, if you see something wrong or if you have ideas for improvements then please use that voice, and preferably in the suggestion box to keep other threads on topic.

And please try to view any response in the right light. I'm given to understand that in the past some have viewed a response from a staff member (such as mine to Jolli up there) that does anything other than praise to be "The Man keeping the forum users down." This could not be further from the truth. It was just a reasoned response to the comment by another forum user, the color of their name is irrelevant.

Now then, I think we've all annoyed Mitch enough. Laughing Let's get this particular thread back on just the trophy discussion please. Smile

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 11:55 am

"The man" is always keeping me down.

Now that I think about it the single thread idea is pretty flawed.

also, I need more TROPHYS GIVE THEM TO ME SO I CAN UNLOCK THEM!
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:03 pm

What about a trophie for playing in games with 4 or more different members ?

That may help boost out of fourm activities with clan mates.

As for being active on the fourms you could have one based on your posts per day, but that may just create spam .
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 1:41 pm

@jadedoblivion wrote:

As for being active on the fourms you could have one based on your posts per day, but that may just create spam .

to take that idea a bit further, something for on a regular basis
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:10 pm

Not bad ideas.

How about something for, say, playing with a fellow Nationite once a week for a month, or some such? Thinking

Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:27 pm

That could work, having to play a game every day with a member would be difficult
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:30 pm

i've played every day with cobalt all week
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Well some of us are not as good as nobody Razz

Are you talking a one time thing or constantly ? I may be missunderstanding you.

It may be easier for others then some , I know school is back in session and some people may work weird hours ( my self working 12 to 14 hour days ) it doesn't leave a lot of free time .
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:24 pm

well i think it started with lord of the rings online. but we also played a bit of magicka, but lately its been path of exile.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:50 pm

Do you think it should be something along the lines of play a game with a member everyday for a week get x trophie ?

Maybe there could be tiers like the nation points and years regiestered ?
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:52 pm

@jadedoblivion wrote:

+1 Jade Thats a good goal and reachable by most, even those who are working crazy hours or at school. If it isn't limited by a time frame it would be more convenient to members and therefore a goal worth shooting for. While a trophy limited by a time frame of a week or whatever to play with a certain amount of other members may sound good in practice I dont think it would be practical and would exclude a lot of members rather than be inclusive. I think inclusive and attraction is what the end goal is for these trophies. Of course nothing is written in stone so I imagine there might be some flexibility if members clamor for tougher trophies.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:30 pm

So people are liking a trophy involving playing with three other members (total four) at once in the same game? That sounds interesting.

If we were to create it, how would you propose showing that you had gotten together to earn it? Just a picture/screenshot of an end-of-round screen? Other ways?

For playing with members on different days, I might make them max three days long (a weekend) because it can be tough to game with the same person every day. If you guys want to try going for longer we can always go for more days; it's something that can be discussed.

What about a trophy for playing on a weekly basis for X consecutive weeks?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion   Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sixth Nation Trophy Feedback and Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: News in the Nation :: Things You Should Know-
Jump to: