The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Indie Games on Steam

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

Nation Reputation : 11

Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 7:56 pm

Oh yeah, I have played binding of Isaac. It's pretty good Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:06 am

I've been playing Mark Of the Ninja lately, about 3-4 hours in now. In short, the game is superb. Graphics are really stylish, stealth mechanics are extremely well implemented and the game has a lot of depth for a 2D title. I've had a lot of fun so far, particularly with using the various tools/upgrades at my disposal to discover ways at getting through each obstacle.

I must say the game is also challenging but fair, my only complaints so far are the lacking narrative but it's good enough to give me a goal and let the gameplay/visuals/depth wow me instead.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 11:24 pm

I just picked up Monster Loves You! on Steam today for $9 since I saw it came out today and it looked interesting. It reminds me of The Walking Dead in that you have a number of different choices that will affect events later in the game, but it has cute monsters instead of horrible zombies. Razz It's a lot of reading and doesn't require any 'skill' to play. I'd let a youngster play this if they could read well enough.

I finished one playthrough in about an hour (and luckily I made it through some 'events' that let me become and Elder Monster instead of returning to the Spawning Vat) but there are a LOT of ways to play through this game. I can see lots of replay-value trying different types of Monsters and either returning to the Spawning Vat or continuing on to be an Elder.

It's not complicated or fancy or particularly amazing in anyway, but if you want to get away from the complicated and fancy games it's turning out to be a nice alternative. Sometimes simple is good and just what you need and want to play.

It's 10% off ($9 USD) until 25 March if anyone's interested.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 11:29 pm

that reminds me may want to check out to the moon. i havent played it but my friend did gift it. he keeps going on about how wonderful it is. it is a story over gameplay game much like walking dead, and he often talks about them like they are very much alike.
Back to top Go down
vengeance7times
Sixth Nation
vengeance7times

Nation Reputation : 11

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:47 am

I need a stable job in order to play good games >_<
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 7:26 am

Stable job interferes with game time.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Apparently they're going to do weekly sales of a single game and some of its associated stuff. For example, this week it's Bastion for $1.
Beat the average, and you get:
Quote :
Digital Soundtrack (MP3/FLAC)
Bastion Digital Art Pack
Bastion Sheet Music
Bastion iPhone/Android Ringtones
Drop $25 or more, and you get:
Quote :
Bastion Bandana
Bastion Original Soundtrack CD
Bastion Postcard
Transistor Postcard
Includes Worldwide Shipping

NOTE: must be redeemed by April 23, 2013
Now, I don't personally think that the $25 is remotely worth it, but then again, I'm not a big bandana and postcard fan. Laughing
But the game absolutely is worth playing, especially for a dollar or two.

Oh, and speaking of Transistor, the Bastion people's next game:

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 4:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Stable job interferes with game time.
the catch 22 of gaming. you either have too much time and not enough money, or too much money and not enough time.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:16 pm

Duke nukem 3D megaton edition out on steam. not an idie game, i suppose, but it is cheaper than most.

Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:03 pm

Thanks for that Monkey, Bastion was on my Steam Wishlist, my library just increased by one game Wink
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 5:14 pm

its the steam spring indie sale right now. march 21st-29th
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:26 pm

hotline miami is half off for the sale, if any one has been looking at this game i highly recommend it
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 7:43 am

The indie game sale looks good but I'm not going to go all out, I will most probably just choose 1-3 games I really could do with owning and splurge out on those. TBH I'm still waiting for a Fallout sale.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 11:42 am

I got Organ Trail, Super Hexagon and Universe Sandbox yesterday through the sale. I am currently seeing what happens when you stick the Milky Way and Andromeda relatively close together. Razz
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 5:04 pm

whats universe sandbox, never heard of it
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 9:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
whats universe sandbox, never heard of it

It's not really a game. Basically, you can run simulations of astronomical bodies. The game comes with a bunch of already-made simulations that are both fictional and non-fictional: various degrees of detail of our solar system, constellations, well-known stars, the Twelve Colonies of Kobol, etc. You can watch the simulations as they are or you can mess around with them: for example, you could load a simulation of our solar system then change the mass of Jupiter to equal the Sun's and see what happens.

You can also make your own simulations, using objects as small as dice to as large as the Milky Way and Andromeda galaxies. It's not all 'serious' though: I found a Monolith the other day and put it beside Jupiter and it started stealing Jupiter's moons. Laughing

I'm into astronomy so I picked it up because it was on sale. It's been out for about four to five years now and I've known about it for ages, I just finally picked it up when I had money and I was reminded about it.

I'm quite enjoying having galaxies crash into each other. It's quite pretty considering what's happening. Razz

I tried Super Hexagon yesterday - I'm lucky if I last four seconds. Sad Why is the first level 'hard' difficulty? Eh... I spent less than $2 on it. Disappointing though.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 3:26 pm

I just bought waking mars, hack slash loot, capsized, and no time to explain for just under 15 bucks on steam. going to give them a try. will leave my thoughts on them if people are interested
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 10:29 pm

I'm interested. Smile

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 3:22 am

mount and blade which is on sale right now is a pretty cool game series. definitely worth checking out. can have some super epic battles of giant armies clashing it out on a big battle field.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2013 1:48 pm

this is currently the sale of the day

though that is a mod, the main game has much more gravity
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:01 am

bought and played a bunch of games recently

monaco: only played the 1st couple of levels, and solo. not that interesting, but really I need to play this coop.

evoland: its basically a mix of zelda and final fantasy through the ages, you start off very old school limited controls and as you play you unlock more stuff. for example right away you unlock 2d view, than you get basic scrolling (like original zelda, you hit edge of the screen it moves to next zone) then you get better scrolling (forgot term they used) where it follows your character, you unlock sound effects, better looking textures and such, more movement options, eventually 3d graphics, and gameplay, the play style really evolves as you play through it. and what I found most interesting is my attachment to certain types of play. for example i really wish they had the 1st scrollinh type longer. I really liked that. and I hated when I unlocked random encounters.

Forge: I played through the tutorial and it was enough to figure out that it is just not the right kind of game for me. its kind of like a MOBA (dota 2, league of legends etc) with more of an action/mmo style feel. you start off with 8 different abilities, and you are very agile (you can wall jump and such) your 1st ability is used to do damage and gain energy while all your others drain it, as does sprinting. and you can wall jump as well. im just not a big fan of PVP in RPG style games. they do have a ton of cool powers though. like I played as the assassin, the focus of the assassin is using puncture, which does DoT and slows the enemy, she has other moves that do various effects off of that, like one that gets rid of the punctures and does massive damage for how many were on the target, one where she takes herself and the target into the shadow realm (making it a 1v1) and she is sped up a certain amount depending on how much the target had been punctured, there is also a smoke bomb and teleport behind the enemy (a lot of the abilities get bonus for back stabbing so its a pretty awesome one) and there are 5 classes in total.

Orion: dino horde: this is a horde mode FPS. I only played 1 match, but hardly anyone was on. from my experience dinos swarm way too hard. we spent a lot of time in the vehicles driving around, but once those got destroyed I couldnt kill/get away fast enough to avoid instant death. but I was on hard, and It was my 1st match so there is that. though i dont think the game is active enough to warrant buying

1000000: (not sure exactly how many zeros are in there.) out of all i played this was probably my favorite....and also the cheapest. (5 bucks not on sale) easiest way to describe it it is a bejeweled clone where what you match helps you unlock chests and kill monsters, except its not a bejeweled clone. in fact playing bejeweled clones is what screwed me up for a long time in the beginning. because you slide entire rows/columns instead of swapping 2 pieces. seems like a sublte difference, but it totally changes how you would play it from bejeweled. but even beyond that is how matching things ties to the action on screen. at its core your character moves left to right, and you need to match 3 or more of a kind to oversome certain obstacles. they come in 2 varieties key based and monster based. monsters require matching either staff or sword symbols to do magic or melee damage. key ones require you to either match keys to open chests or doors. this also makes what you match and when important. often times I will line up a series of swords but I dont let go til my character reaches the enemy or it will just match it and clear space for other icons. but since there are 2 different types needed sometime you will align an attack only to need keys, so you do need to be on your toes about what stuff to match. but in addition to those 3 icons, are stones, wood, shields, and backpacks. stones and wood are used along side gold and experience (from monsters and chests) for the character progression used between attempts, where you build up your base, learn various skills, increase your damage or defense, matching back packs gives you a chance to get items which can be used to up locked items, damage monsters, change the icons and a few other things. shields go along with the other major mechanic i havent gotten to yet. as you run across you only have so much time. getting to a chest and taking a while to open it eats up time, so does getting hit, killing monsters and opening chests gets you more time, and shields prevent you from losing time. so it gives you a logical reason for the time, and such.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 5:52 pm

If nothing else, I'd get it for Psychonauts.

Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Nit really an indie game but just found ragnarok online 2 is free to play on steam
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:32 pm

Oh, yeah. Another not Indie game that went up on Steam recently is System Shock 2, the spiritual precursor to the Bioshock games. I think it's currently up for $6 or so if any fans of the Bioshock games would like to see the root of the series. I'll likely pick it up myself at some point.

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 10:26 pm

and you might want to get the graphic mods for it. makes it look so much better

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indie Games on Steam   Indie Games on Steam - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Indie Games on Steam
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Hardware and General Discussion-
Jump to: