The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted) Empty
PostSubject: Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted)   Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 4:47 am

I know nobody made a thread for moments that are unique to the player but this thread is for scripted sequences from games that still stick with you. Favorite game endings count too.

I have a few I would like to share right now, these are in no particular order

1. The sunken city sequence in Journey
2. Entering Mexico (after leaving the raft) in Red Dead Redemption
3. Ending of Batman Arkham City
4. Exiting Vault 101 in Fallout 3
5. Chronos boss fight in GoW 3
6. Final Boss in Dark Souls (specifically the music)
7.Chapter 15 in Dead Space 2 (specifically just before the final boss)

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted)   Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 12:58 am

this isnt neccesarily scripted exactly but the end of singularity

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted)   Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 1:25 pm

The most epic gaming moment for me was the opening scene in God Of War III..... climbing up Mount Olympus on the back of Gaia. It was 3 years ago to the day and I'll never forget how blown away I was.

@ Nobody I really enjoyed Singularity it was underated if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Fifth Nation
Daniel

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted)   Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 3:01 pm

In no order: (Spoiler alert to everything if you haven't already played it).

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - All Ghillied Up/One Shot, One Kill - These two levels showed a city abandoned by disaster. The music score coupled with the feeling of isolation left me speechless in parts of it.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Aftermath - Has a similar feeling to AGU/OSOK but instead seeing a destroyed city years after it was abandoned, you're in the city as it's being destroyed. Since the score for parts of OSOK and Aftermath are the same, you can faintly hear kids playing around in the background. It's eerie.

Medal of Honour [2010] - Belly of the Beast - Your squad are pinned in a small building facing against myriad Talibans, and your ammo's running out fast. Air support's unavailable and your squad decides to call of reinforcements because they'll just be a wasted assets. This is a fight to the death and you accept it. What'll happen to the rest of the story? Will we be in the perspective of another character? BAM two Apaches on another mission detour to your location and drive the Taliban back enough so you can retreat and get back to safety. You sit there in shock and you're like "omg I'm actually still alive."

Journey - I can't say the whole game? Dammit. Probably both the Sunken City (music + art design = Speechless). But also, there's a part in the snow level where you can find a small room and take shelter in there. The music changes and the entire room glows. The only real thing I can link it to would be sitting down in front of a fire after hours of walking in the snow. That's what it's like.

Spec Ops: The Line - Chapter 8: The Gate - After clearing out a bunch of enemies with White Phosphorus, you realise that you've killed a bunch of civilians, too. The part that really got me was a dead mother and child who were embracing just as they got killed. As you killed them. Other war games like COD and Battlefield are all "whoopie let's kill all these people, they're heartless killers!" In Spec Ops, you're the heartless killer.

Mirror's Edge - Heat - The Crane Jump. Because it is [i]that epic.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted)   Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 3:03 pm

I love singularity one of my favorite games this gen. I have beaten it like 12 times. one of my favorite playthroughs all I used was the knife (up to the point where you lose it) fighting all those zeks in the courtyard without the assistance of a shotgun was pretty memorable for me (not in the way this topic is talking about)
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted)   Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Responded to a similar post on reddit a while back. Here's a copy & paste.

Quote :
Final Fantasy 7, and you better believe there's spoilers in it.

The Mako reactor scene in Cloud's memory where he stabs Sephiroth. It really drives home what Cloud is, or rather isn't. Does he walk in there and make some speech? No. Does he challenge Sephiroth to a fight? No. He runs up and stabs him in the back without hesitation, then stammers out, "Tifa...My town...Give it back!" because that's all his mind can process. He can barely express what's wrong, the trauma is that blinding to him.

Really shows that Cloud is just a normal human running on pure adrenaline and outrage at what's happened to the things he loves. Enough that he can even not just lift the Buster Sword, but actually wield it after a fashion. This is really reinforced by Sephiroth's stunned disbelief at what has just happened and who did it.

By the time Sephiroth returned that stab on the walkway Cloud's mind was in ashes. Jenova's cells were able to reassemble those ashes into a mostly functional mind later, and make him into the Cloud we've played as through most of the game. But it's that moment in the reactor, that scene that shows us the broken and battered mind of a man who has just lost everything that really makes him seem more real to me. And that's the Cloud we finish the game with. He's grown through the crazy events his life has taken him through, but he's still the same core person. The kind whose first impulse is to say "Let's mosey." rather than the hardened super Soldier that orders, "Move out!" Brings me a smile every time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted)   Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 3:44 pm

On of mine I would have to say comes from chrono trigger for the playstation , after you beat the game once you can actually star a new game plus and go right to lavos with out any party members

That battle took me almost 2 hours due to his final fourm , it was one of the best feelings of accomplishments I have had in a rpg
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted)   Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Did that in Chrono Cross. Went to the end boss with just Serge, and won.
Thing is, when you do that it opens up an area of the game, Viper Manor, and repopulates it with all the developers. I was happy, running around and talking to everyone.
Then...it happened.
I was only about a quarter of the way through talking to all the people, when I speak to one and he says something like, "I'm so sleepy. I need to rest. You should rest too. Aaaaaand RESET!"
And the game did just that. I was so ticked off. Angry :angry:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted)   Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 5:21 pm

These are in no particular order:
1: The start of God of War III
2: The start of Mass Effect 2.
3: The airplane sequence in Uncharted 3.
4: The Start of God of War Ascension and its ending.
5: Start of God Of War II.
6: the beating to death of Poseidon in God of War III.
7: Nuke in Call of Duty 4.
8: Getting on Pegasus and riding to the palace of the twins of time in God Of War II.
9: The Ending of Mass effect 2.
10. Lara's first kill Tomb Raider.
11. Escape from the cloning base in The Force Unleashed II.
12. The "Twist" boss fight with "The Joker" in Batman Arkham City.
14. Entering Mexico in Red Dead Redemption.
15. The final Boss battle in Infamous.
16. The Evil Ending Sequence in Infamous 2.
17: Uncharted 2 Train sequence.

Hate it when these questions get asked, its always then when my mind goes blank ...
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted)   Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 6:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Did that in Chrono Cross. Went to the end boss with just Serge, and won.
Thing is, when you do that it opens up an area of the game, Viper Manor, and repopulates it with all the developers. I was happy, running around and talking to everyone.
Then...it happened.
I was only about a quarter of the way through talking to all the people, when I speak to one and he says something like, "I'm so sleepy. I need to rest. You should rest too. Aaaaaand RESET!"
And the game did just that. I was so ticked off. Angry :angry:

i would have never touched that game again lmao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted)   Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Most Memorable/Epic Gaming Moments (scripted)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Hardware and General Discussion-
Jump to: