The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Empty
PostSubject: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 1:36 pm

I ask because I know most people here are in the sony crowd. Are you going to be looking into what each console offers, or would you just get a ps4 unless there was some major reason to either not get the ps4 or to get an xbox?

For me I am taking a good hard look. Really need to see sonys press conference, and have a clearer idea of whichi games are exclusive, and which are launch titles.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 1:57 pm

As of right now I'm leaning heavily towards the ps4, I don't like a lot of what Xbox has put out it seems there system is more for media entertainment then gaming ( I'm probably wrong but with what they have released and there earlier press conference that's how it feels to me ). This isn't to say I have thrown them out completely but ps4 would have to have some sort of huge draw back or some crazy policey for me to choose the Xbox one over it.

after there e3 is when I'll make my final decision.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 2:18 pm

PS4. \_(o.o)_/ I'm more comfortable with sony's consoles. As with jaded I have reservations with Xbox ones suppose direction. However having said that I may end up getting an Xbox one a year or two down the road to try it out.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:08 pm

after their conference today XBO looks pretty decent. still the whole used games thing and all, but still. some pretty cool games coming out for it.

the PS4 better have a good conference or theres going to be trouble.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:19 pm

TBH I will probably end up buying an xbox for dead rising. It looks so great. and that destructibility of everything.
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 5:34 pm

Only way I'd even consider purchasing an XB1 is if Microsoft paid me $1billion.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:09 pm

I am going to go into buying the next Gen console with an open mind. I am a bit turned off by the movement portion of both the Xbox and Sony consoles because I like to have my console off to the side far away from the screen. I have no idea how I would hook up the new Kinect or Sony Move to use in my basement setup with a projector taking up the front wall... Plus I dont want to be all moving around for 6 hours of marathon gaming, I want to sit on my fat ass with my feet up
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Was it confirmed that the playstation eye is a required function ?
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:13 pm

PS Eye isn't required.

For me, it's not even a question. It's a matter of standing against what Microsoft is trying to pull with the new XBOX.

Anyways, some info:

XBO = $499.
PS4 = $399. 399 euros. 349 pounds sterling.

PS4 will support used games. No need to be always-online. No online checkups. No authentications necessary.

Multiplayer seems to be behind the PlayStation+ subscription now. Sad

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:29 pm

well after watching all the press conferences ill be getting a ps4 day one. and they certainly seem to have aenough launch titles to keep me busy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I am going to go into buying the next Gen console with an open mind. I am a bit turned off by the movement portion of both the Xbox and Sony consoles because I like to have my console off to the side far away from the screen. I have no idea how I would hook up the new Kinect or Sony Move to use in my basement setup with a projector taking up the front wall... Plus I dont want to be all moving around for 6 hours of marathon gaming, I want to sit on my fat ass with my feet up
kinect seems to mostly be used for voice commands. havent really seen any gestures out of it for the most part.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Was it confirmed that the playstation eye is a required function ?
they havent even been to clear on if it is being shipped with it packaged in or not. I am assuming it is. but they have not really had much focus on that at all, which would imply that it wouldnt be essential.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:37 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

if your unfamailar with who that is, he is basically the jack tretton of microsoft
Back to top Go down
wolf_cub61
Fifth Nation
wolf_cub61

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:04 am

Ill be getting a PS4... I've been a PS fanboy since I was old enough to hold a controller.
Though I like the look of a few games on the xbox1.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:08 am

Hah!

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 1:18 pm

Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 4:11 pm

I will never buy and Xbox one, I don't want that creepy thing in my house. The exclusives don't really interest me, then again... none of them did. 
The simple fact is that with every new information that comes out microsoft continues to dig its hole deeper and deeper. 
It doesn't appeal to me at all, neither the console, the game or the company behind it.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:30 am

I'm starting to wonder what the exclusive developers are thinking as well. How do they see their profit margins being affected with the latest reaction of most gamers out there to the Xbox One and Microsoft's direction.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 5:44 am

I'm getting a PS4 but some of Xbone's exclusives look pretty cool (Dead Rising 3 and Sunset Overdrive). Sony announced that 20 exclusives will launch for PS4 in it's first year compared to Microsoft's 15, MS showed many more during their conference so Sony must be keeping a bunch of surprises under lock and key for the time being !. 

I will make my final decision once Sony have announced some more exclusives but Killzone and Watchdogs are pretty good launch games ! .
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:57 am

there's a tweet I will have to find later , they come out and say if you gt banned from xbl you forfiet your rights to play the games you have purchased . Since you can't connect to check in you would lose everything
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:32 am

*facepalm*

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:01 pm

Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:13 pm

but if they get banned how will they be able to log into to check up within the 24 hour period if the xbl is required to do so your system doesn't allow you to play said games 

I may have miss interpreted this 

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:31 pm

if you get banned from xbl your getting banned from multiplayer, not all online services. youd still be able to do the 24 hour check in
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:48 pm

ahhhh I get it , thanks for clearing that up . I never used the xbl wasn't sure if it would let you connect without it
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Is there a statute of limitations on the Xbox bans.  A 15 year old wiseass could be a cool 18 year old.... Do you have to pay for stupidity commited years ago for life ?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 4:13 am

"That's a paddlin..."

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?   Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you consider buying an Xbox one over a PS4?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Hardware and General Discussion-
Jump to: