The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Please choose one of the two options (descriptions at the top of the OP)
OPTION 1
PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 I_vote_lcap82%PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 82% [ 18 ]
OPTION 2
PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 I_vote_lcap18%PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 8:24 pm

Whether ones vote is decisive or not..... popular or not.....is irrelevant. The fact that you can exercise that right to speak is what I think is important here. I don't know I can go so far as to compare this to American politics. But democracy is democracy. There is a decision to be made. Personally I want to hear from anyone and everyone who calls this place home. Not just the vote they cast, but even why.

So Ratchet would rather stay. Thats cool and his right. I would like to hear as to why however. What is the support for that feeling. That thought.

This is everyone's place at the end of the day. At the very least you should be able to speak up. Thats all this vote is about. Ensuring every Nationite is given the chance to choose and speak. I would hate to see the individual take that away from themselves in something as simple as "My vote doesnt matter."
It matters.

There shouldn't be "politics" in that.

Its freedom.

Just thought I'd say that.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 8:57 pm

I just like exercising my right to choose if I want to vote or not.

Honestly though discussion is more important IMO. and that I did. then everything went way off topic, and nothing worthwhile is being discussed anymore.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:12 pm

If you want to say something then, put the thread back on topic. If you feel that something needs to be discussed, then say it now because now's your chance. It's quite possible that something can come up that no one has found out or realized before now that's important.

It doesn't matter to me who says yes or no, but personally I'd like to know WHY though.
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 10:29 pm

When the hell did anything get off topic.. Other than some reminiscing on a joke about " Not #2 "?
Other than that, everything related to this topic is talked about.

If you feel we should move.. VOTE.
If you feel we should stay.. VOTE.
If you feel the need to say why and what for .. DO IT!

It's not rocket science or the great debate of the century.
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Im not into a forum move because Ive seen many forums fail, be it Playstation forums or MyRes, because of a jump to "better" technology. Ive seen it happen enough at this point for me not to care about a move anymore.
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 10:52 pm

+1 Ratchet! And thank you.

I think everyone's first impression of a "merge or move" is the good old days of Myres.
But you have to look at it like this.. This isn't owned by some big wig corporate asshole who doesn't give a flip about a group of people who took out their time to build an online community.
No.
And if you remember, we didn't even have the opportunity to have a say when Myres all went down.
It was this way or the highway.
Now I understand your vote. But we are among friends. And with the new forum.. It's just an upgrade. It's not going to be handed to a group of people who don't give a shit.
It's like rolling with the tide, Ratchet. It's a chance to move forward with things that can't be offered by Forumotion.
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 10:56 pm

-Shrug- Im still going to be incredibly apprehensive about it. That, and Ive honestly never seen anything wrong with this board as is. I personally come to forums to just chat, not for "gimmicks" as I see them. I mean no offense to those who are working hard on all of these little options, but it's simply not my thing.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 10:58 pm

Cel beat me to some points.

In those cases though the people who ran those places said "We're going to move, whether you like it or not. This is how it's going to be" which I don't believe is the case here. Nothing has been set in concrete yet and everyone here gets a chance to see what the new place could be like. You don't get presented with how things are going to be now: you can play around with what's there, try it out and decide whether or not it's better or worse than what is here.

I'm all for building a list of pros and cons for each place and figuring out which is the best way to go, but this attitude of "I'm not going to say anything at all because it doesn't look like it will matter anyway" is disappointing to see. If someone brought up an issue that caused everyone to have second thoughts about the move then I'd be all for slowing things down and discussing things over and if needed put to another vote. While I don't like the idea of two sites going at the same time, if something were to come that needed discussing I think the move could be put on hold.

The way I see it right now, the outcome of the vote will dictate what will happen unless someone brings up an issue that makes enough people want to change their minds and/or discuss the issues(s) further. We're still playing with features and figuring out what we can and can't do all the time right now over there. I think there is the possibility that things could be put on hold. But for people who want to slow things down, it's not going to happen if you decide to not say anything.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 12:01 am

when i said it was going off topic i meant it as an offhanded comment. not something to get everyones panties in a bunch
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 3:50 am

Panties bunching can be uncomfortable. That's why I wear boxers.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 7:03 am

@Gregor wrote:
Im not into a forum move because Ive seen many forums fail, be it Playstation forums or MyRes, because of a jump to "better" technology. Ive seen it happen enough at this point for me not to care about a move anymore.

Valid concern. Experience is always the better teacher. I think the only thing I would mention to this though is that this move is/was being prompted because the "better" tech is all stuff that has been requested by our very own users at some point over the past 3 or 4 years. I dont think at any point any of us went..."Hey, this site is just more current and better looking. Lets up and move."
The host has Tourney brackets. Trophies. Options in themes. These are all the things members in this community have asked for repeatedly, and in numbers. Myself, Ive gotten a little tired having to tell everyone, "Sorry. We dont have access to the data base. This host doesn't use plug ins or add ons. We cant do this one thing you have suggested or requested".
The main reason I would like to see the move happen is because we be in a place where we will be better able to work WITH the community from the Admin side. And it will put the tools in everyone's hands to help go out and try to build up on what we have already begun here.

Im not trying to sway your feelings R, and I hope you dont feel you are being singled out here. I really appreciate the fact that you have at least said WHY you feel what you do and I guess Ill point out you are the only one who has so far. That is why you get such a lengthy reply. All I want to do with this part of the message is to maybe help alleviate some of your concerns. And to maybe remind that we have asked everyone to go over there and abuse the hell out of the "new tech" to see if its going to hold up. Thats what the whole beta/trial run is for. To see if the buttons work when we press them and do more than just look good and flashy. And to see if that place is going to be what everyone has looked for here.

@nobody wrote:
when i said it was going off topic i meant it as an offhanded comment. not something to get everyones panties in a bunch

The internet leaves waaaaaaay too much room for interpretation of off handed comments. I say this as a person who has had to dig himself out of many of his own off handed comments.  Just a little food for thought I suppose.

@Lod wrote:

Boxers bunch worse than anything. Boxer briefs are the way to go. Mind if I unbunch yours for you? *fondles Liams underwear*

Ahh. Thats the stuff.

The bottom line here everyone is that I myself like to make decisions with as much info and input as I can have before actualy making one. Until last night all I had to work with was a silent vote with a huge majority and some minor chit chat in a thread. As Az has pointed out, a majority vote isnt what is making this decision. All that does is give us an indication as to what the majority prefers in sites. You all have to speak your thoughts and feeling if you want me or anyone else aware of what they are. Otherwise you are just voter number 7.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 7:25 am

No, I'm pretty sure this was the bottom line.
@SixHousePull wrote:
@Lod wrote:

Boxers bunch worse than anything. Boxer briefs are the way to go. Mind if I unbunch yours for you? *fondles Liams underwear*

Ahh. Thats the stuff.

Can't see it getting any lower than that. Nor can I unsee it getting that low. :sick2: 

PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Cobalt-1
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 7:31 am

I could take it lower, but well that's what you all expect.

Vote or don't vote, but still voice your thought and opinions. They are important to us and we need to know how you as the userbase feel cause this is what the site is for, everyone. Not just the majority.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 9:50 am

@CobaltMonkey wrote:
No, I'm pretty sure this was the bottom line.
@SixHousePull wrote:
@Lod wrote:

Ahh. Thats the stuff.

Can't see it getting any lower than that. Nor can I unsee it getting that low. :sick2: 

I guess I will leave the discussion closed on foot fetishes than. Im pretty sure that is as low as it can get.

spanks liams feet
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 5:10 pm

I will be totally honest and say I almost voted against the idea of a move, but then I checked out the new site, gave myself some time, and I've had a little bit of a feel for the proboards before the suggestion but yeah being able to play around with it changed my mind massively.

I like how clean and updated and more... usable? the extra functions are and the ability to have all these lovely plug ins and add ons that I know forumotion is like "NOPE." and can't have.
Of course I was a bit worried about having to remake threads, what would happen to the old conversations/blogs/graphics thread/gaming discussions etc, but then within the short amount of time I've been checking out the new alternative, it's pretty active surprisingly and has basically continued on with some discussions like its not a big deal, which was actually really comforting to know that the community spirit and lovelyness that makes up the sixth nation is still there, despite it being a clean fresh forum with small content on it so far.
So I don't think there will be any problem in the aspect of actual posting and threads being either moved or copy and pasted into new ones (which seems to be the popular option) or just being recreated/completely new ones popping up.

I believe what matters the most though is the community spirit, how we interact with each other and care for one another.. I don't think its like we're ditching the 'original' sixth nation by suggesting a new more updated forum, just that we're looking for something that will meet the needs of the many who have suggested things that forumotion just can't offer.

I think it would be awesome to leave the forumotion as like a read-only.. like a ~history of the sixth nation~ kind of thing where we can see how much we've grown as a community and that the place we post in is just a house, but its us that makes that house a home... and for me I feel like the new forum is a pretty nifty house for us to turn into a lovely modern home Kiss
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 6:56 pm

^ Pluuuuuuuuuus 1!
Well said. Very Happy= :D 
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 8:54 pm

@Lod wrote:
thats why i go commando. havent touched underwear in over 7 years PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 3717709504 

I just made a topic going in depth into something worth discussing on the other board

http://interstellargaming.boards.net/thread/49/game-boards-segregation
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Well, I'm not very good at goodbyes.

Thanks for everything forumotion. It was fun while it lasted.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Razz Very Happy= :D PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 811307 
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:51 am

I feel like I should write something big and grand. I dont even know where to begin. So much has happened here for me. From "internet life" to "real life" this place has been a backdrop for so many things. But its time to move on. I will be placing the site into Maintenance Mode now and I direct all conversation to the new forums. Thanks to everyone for your support after all these years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE   PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PLEASE READ OP | FORUM MOVE VOTE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: News in the Nation :: Things You Should Know-
Jump to: