The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:25 pm

Arg. I just updated my grandparent's PS3. Razz
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 67

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:32 pm

thanks for the heads up deej.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Suspect
thanks for the heads up deej.

Indeed.

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Suspect

What's so Suspect about that?
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:20 am

He still remembers you with your age set to 81, 'Zira. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Porky
Seventh Nation
Porky

Nation Reputation : 31

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:41 am

I don't know if anyone else has had this but just a heads up for those who haven't updated today.

After downloading and installing the latest firmware, when you go to sign in you may find (as we have) that it will tell you that the email or password is incorrect, therefore you can not sign in. Even if you know them both to be correct, it still tells you that they aren't and you can't change them either as you just get an error. Looks like another balls up by Sony or maybe just bad luck for me Mad

Anyone else had this trouble or have you managed to download it without any problems?

*edit* just found this..[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:25 pm

Mine is buggered too
Back to top Go down
Porky
Seventh Nation
Porky

Nation Reputation : 31

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:06 pm

Phew!! Mines back up and running. Thought it was buggered for a while there.
Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Aye did mine there, update, install wait... wait... wait... Felt like ages but it logged in.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:42 pm

After typing this somewhere else, I cant help but post it.

Dear Sony,

I understand you desire to design an all in one entertainment center, but I ask that these updates are no longer mandatory and I be allowed to use my judgment as to if I want to down load one. I mean, surly if a company run by absolute morons such as yours can somehow succeed despite extremely poor business decisions, than I can manage something as simple as a yes or no on certain updates. This past update is a great example.
Now I may be odd, but when I chose to watch a DVD I place the disc in my DVD player.
Being that the PS3 is a video game console first to many, when we want to play video games, we place a ps3 disc into a ps3.
I dont need your stupid blue ray dvd hdmi what ever other letters you want to throw in there update. I just wanna play some games.
On my video game system. SO in the future I ask that IF updates be mandatory, you focus more on improving the system and its capabilities that actually have to do WITH gaming.
ON my PS3!
All I really hope for here is a refund. A refund of my wasted time.
Is there any way I can have back the 45 minutes of my life wasted updating your stupid system with a feature I will never use?

I can only hope for a reply, but do not expect one as I am confident it will take at least three years for you morons to realize this is a joke.

Sincerely,
A very happy Sony customer

Yip Yip

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:38 pm

3.56 is live. im sure you all can guess what its for.

its a security update in response to recent events
Back to top Go down
CptCrazypants
Fifth Nation
CptCrazypants

Nation Reputation : 5

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:44 pm

blarrg I was hoping it was gonna fix my PSN connection problem but its been over a week and its still not fixed Sad time to call Sony
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:59 pm

band-aid wrote:
3.56 is live. im sure you all can guess what its for.

its a security update in response to recent events

That took forever for me to dl. idk if my connection was off or if it was just that big.

Ugh.

Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:14 pm

took us a while too. the PS forums have a lot of people saying the download isnt working and they have to try multiple times. im glad mine went though the first try. the install was long too
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 4:39 am

Ah bollocks, I'll check this out at lunch time cause I really don't wanna miss out on gaming time.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:36 am

Downloading it onto my computer from the SOny website now. It's 176 MB in size. I generally find downloading from the computer, copying to a USB stick, then upgrading on the PS3 is faster than downloading direct to PS3.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:57 am

I wonder sometimes if the long dl time is just jammed servers while everyone is trying to dl the same thing all at once. The install did go quick. The dl itself even did take off around 60%.
But it was a slow crawl to that point.

That does seem a good idea eatty. One of the these days I'll actually get a memory stick.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 8:58 am

It took 3 mins to download.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 9:08 am

Shocked

30 mins. for me.
At least!
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 10:29 am

Downloading it onto my computer from the SOny website now. It's 176 MB in size. I generally find downloading from the computer, copying to a USB stick, then upgrading on the PS3 is faster than downloading direct to PS3.

Can I get the link for that eat? I kinda wanna do it that way myself while I'm still in work

Edit: Its okay I found it. By searching. Which only occured to me to do after asking. Which made me look incredibly lazy.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Whole thing only took about 15 minutes for me, and my connection isn't great. It's probably because I waited until around midnight here.

Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 3:46 pm

yea i think the mass dl would have overloaded servers so waiting would have been smart
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 4:30 am

1 minute for me.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:22 pm

Apparently there's "unplanned maintenance" for the PSN right now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's the only thing I can find.
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:33 pm

Apparently there's "unplanned maintenance" for the PSN right now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's the only thing I can find.
unplanned maintenance is to stop hackers from hacking sony network
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Hardware and General Discussion-
Jump to: