The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:51 pm

No official word from Sony themselves though yet, so you can't say that for certain.

Current circumstances would support that assumption though...

It doesn't matter why they're doing maintenance, I can't login anywhere that requires a PSN account atm. Angry :angry:
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
No official word from Sony themselves though yet, so you can't say that for certain.

Current circumstances would support that assumption though...

It doesn't matter why they're doing maintenance, I can't login anywhere that requires a PSN account atm. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
sony wont say anything
here a video of the hackers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:07 pm

Well, the official Playstation websites have been disappearing on and off all day and the Playstation store has been down for hours. My MyRes sign in messed up when I went to school so right now I can't login there. Sad

EDIT: Official word:
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:28 pm

we've had no problems signing in today Neutral

heard about all this hack stuff too. also, just cause sony hasnt said anything doesnt make it any less true. vid comes out about hackers taking PSN down. sony just happens to have "unscheduled" maintenance directly after said video comes out. what reason do we have not to think its because of that. No need for assumptions. Companies dont comment on or just cover up bad situations all the time.

its like the chocolate cake is gone, you look at your brothers and, coincidentally, one has chocolate smeared on his face. gee i wonder who could have done it Razz
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:44 pm

I didn't say it wasn't true. Laughing I'm just waiting for more information.

we've had no problems signing in today Neutral

I haven't been able to sign into a single Playstation-related website since after noon today. No idea what the PS3 sign in situation is on my end since I haven't turned it on today yet.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:05 pm

who needs info. info is for pansies What a Face

ohhh i havent tried other sites. ps3 is fine though
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:22 pm

I want information! Laughing You learn so much if you just do a little digging...

I want to sign into MyRes. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:52 am

peoplw in the video don't Feck around
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 8:31 am

They are going to far now. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:33 am

"Information should be free!!1!"
"Okay, so who are you?"
"...You don't get to know that."
Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:50 am

I particularly like the whole "Hey look your infringing on peoples Privacy! LOLOLOLOLOL I HAS YOUR FAMILY DETAILS AND IS POSTING THEM ON THE WEB!"

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:24 am

To be honest, I do have a problem with Sony removing the Other OS option. The is a (admittedly very small) percentage of people who bought it largely for that function.
However, its well within Sony's legal rights to protect their products and those of their clients (the game makers) from Piracy.
What those worthless, self-entitled pirates did, distributing the tools to hack and pirate on the PS3 was wrong. They are criminals and deserve to be prosecuted.
But Anon doesn't want their supposed poster boys for "free speech" (ie, thievery) to suffer the consequences of breaking the law, which they did in the very least by violating the ToS.

I have had some sympathy for their causes in the past. Taking down the sites of that disgusting Westboro Baptist Church, or leaking emails from price gouging oil companies. But all that sympathy is lost now that they've started attacking innocents in an effort to get their own boys out of trouble that they asked for.

Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Sony System Update 3.72 Sept.19.2011 System stability during use of PS3 format software and network services has been improved. Shorter download time ?? *crosses fingers*
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 8:15 pm

PSN will be down tomorrow for about 14 hours (estimated) due to "maintenance" so if you took the day off and planned on gaming forget it !

Sony's Patrick Seybold outlines the maintenance, which is scheduled to last a 14 hour period on November 17th, from "approximately 8am until 10pm PST

Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:36 pm

Offline games FTW.
Wouldn't surprise me to learn the scheduled this to coincide with Skyrim being out. Razz

Back to top Go down
adamonkey
Fourth Nation
adamonkey

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:29 am

Offline games FTW.
Wouldn't surprise me to learn the scheduled this to coincide with Skyrim being out. Razz
nah i am thinking its cause of modern warfare 3 just coming out
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 12:41 am

Geez UC3,MW3,BF3 and all the other MP games will be disrupted. It just makes Sony look bad... fodder for fanboys too. I am so glad I did my buddies HDD upgrade today instead of tomorrow. Now I have to decide... should I break out Skyrim or play some of my backlog of unplayed games. Portal 2 looks tempting.
Back to top Go down
RHYN0X
Fifth Nation
RHYN0X

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 5:09 pm

Portal 2 was a tonne of fun! I'm still looking for a co-op partner. Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 915210
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 1:05 pm

You can now watch Amazon Instant Video on your PS3. They have a really nice library of videos movies and TV that are free to watch for Amazon Prime members. Although the "free" library is not as extensive as Netflix it is still a nice benefit for Amazon Prime members.

Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:35 pm

PSN is down for maintenance atm is this for everyone or just AU?
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 11:10 pm

It's for everyone
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 8:32 pm

How long is it gunna be down for its still down ATM
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Hopefully they are fixing that PSN store..
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Thanks Mitch Smile
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:59 am

Update v4.40 is out. It's nothing big. Roughly translating from the Japanese firmware patch notes, it's just system stability improvements and support for the RC-S380 IC Card Reader/Writer.

But I wouldn't doubt there's something in it to prevent the PS2 Classics emulator exploit from working on non-CFW PS3s. Thinking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread   Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official PS3/PSP Firmware Updates Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Hardware and General Discussion-
Jump to: