The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Book Recommendations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

Book Recommendations - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 10:53 pm

It's only a trilogy, but still great series to get into. Apparently there was going to be a fourth book but because Larsson died in 2004 the family didn't want it to be finished by someone else and published out of respect for Larsson's vision.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:46 pm

I have just finished the trilogy of Babylon 5 books surrounding the creation of the Psi Corps and Alfred Bester, written by Gregory Keyes who followed an outline by JMS. I really enjoyed them and I like how they were written and that's not something I find myself saying often.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Finished it a few months back, but if you're a fan of basketball I HIGHLY recommend reading "When the Game Was Ours". It basically details the playing days of Larry Bird and Magic Johnson, and gives a pretty in depth look of their rivalry through there eyes. I absolutely loved it. What a fantastic read.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Larry Bird and Magic Johnson man they had one of the greatest rivalry's ever in the NBA. I'll have to check that book out , Thanks Ratchett1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:57 pm

No worries rr. A friend got it for me last Christmas. She saw me go absolutely nuts when I saw it at Hastings a while back, so I guess she thought it'd be a good gift. Oh my goodness it was. One of the best books I've read in a good while. As for Magic and Bird's rivalry, I cannot agree more. There will NEVER be anything like it in the future.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Larry Bird and Magic Johnson man they had one of the greatest rivalry's ever in the NBA. I'll have to check that book out , Thanks Ratchett1

Agreed. If not they had the best rivalry in NBA history.
Back to top Go down
Gregor
Fourth Nation
Gregor

Nation Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:21 am

Currently reading the works of Julius Caesar. Very well written. I didn't think he was this good of a writer.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:02 pm

I'm getting back into reading myself, and I'll be starting off with Koshun Takami's "Battle Royale." I'll send my thoughts along once I get started on reading it. Right now Pokemon Mystery Dungeon on the 3DS is eating up a lot of my free time lol.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:54 pm

I'm Currently in the process of getting myself, Who's only read 3 goosebumps books too well basically start reading.
So I decided to start with "A Game of thrones" because I love the TV series.
So far, I can't seem to put the book down. I've seen season 1 before, and I know what happens... yet when I put the book down I yearn to read about what happens next.

The book gets into so much detail about every event in the history of westeros and the inner ponderings of the "Main characters" Even the smallest role in this book has personality, heck even the fruit, food and drinks all have their own "character" its just amazing.

I would highly recommend this series (Also the TV series) otherwise you're missing out.
Back to top Go down
jadedoblivion
Seventh Nation
jadedoblivion

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 3:05 pm

I haven't read a good book since I finished the dark towers , I did like battle royal. Most of what I read now are short stories on r/nosleep or creepypasta
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:14 pm

I need to read Game of Thrones cuz it's like THE TV show out there. I tried watching it on Netflix but last time I looked it was currently unavailable.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:30 am

I need to read Game of Thrones cuz it's like THE TV show out there. I tried watching it on Netflix but last time I looked it was currently unavailable.

Hey Street !! Book Recommendations - Page 7 811307 You can only do Game OF Thrones on HBO Go for a binge watch or torrent it or something..... Amazon has the first 4 books in paperbacvk for around 20 bucks. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thats a lot of words for the price
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 5:29 am

Everyone needs to read Game of Thrones.

Currently reading that new Dan Brown book, Inferno. I feel like I'm reading a Tour Guides Book.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
iRideAPalmer
Seventh Nation
iRideAPalmer

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 9:39 am

I want to read it. But i love the shpw souch i dont wanna ruin the surprise i get in the show
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:46 pm

Well, the show is based on the book, so I'm guessing the books are going to be better. That's always the case.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 1:03 pm

Everyone needs to read Game of Thrones.

Currently reading that new Dan Brown book, Inferno. I feel like I'm reading a Tour Guides Book.

I gave up on Brown after I read " Angels and Demons" I thought " The Davinci Code" was overrated too. Is "Inferno" any good ?
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 1:15 pm

I only watched the movies, which made me never want to read the books.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 1:16 pm

I did see The Davinci Code movie, but it wasn't really anything that knocked my socks off.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 3:32 am

I did see The Davinci Code movie, but it wasn't really anything that knocked my socks off.

I did enjoy the historical fiction part of the book and the movie to a certain degree, I also enjoyed the portrayal of the Catholic church being the "bad guy" I got the hell beat out of me by Nuns and priests as a kid. I feel fortunate I wasn't molested but I will never let my kid near a Catholic church. I've know one good Catholic priest who became a friend... he had views I would describe as almost protestant and laughed at the idea of the Pope being infallible. He fed the poor in his parish and helped the sick and died a good man and a great priest. I knew I would like him because during the first mass I went to where he presided when after communion he had an altar boy open a door to let in his dog who would run around the church to be petted by the kids. Yes I know I am going to hell Shrug
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 12:25 am

Eh, we're all going to hell anyways See you there! Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 1:55 am

Shrug LOL + 1 Street... See you in Hell..... cheers
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:32 am

Well I was raised a Catholic and going straight to hell simply for being born.

While DaVinci code was an interesting read, it seems all his other books are, well, cack. I've read them all and feel dumber for it. Inferno like I said is like a tour book with some semblance of a plot in there somewhere. If I could find it. Also something to do with Dante's Inferno. I'm sure when I get to the end the twist will be that someone he is with is really Dante Allegri's descendent all along and is really the villian who pretended to be a good guy. Just like all the other books. Every one of them. Cept Angels and Demons. That was just stupid. Don't read Angels and Demons. Stick with the movie. f*** you Dan Brown.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 3:00 pm

Shrug LOL + 1 Street... See you in Hell..... cheers

Why thank ye! You bring the graham crackers and I'll bring the marshmallows! Liam can bring the chocolate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book Recommendations   Book Recommendations - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book Recommendations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Books, magazines, and comics-
Jump to: