The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Rock Band 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
-ZeeK-
Second Nation
-ZeeK-

Nation Reputation : 3

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:34 pm

who else plays this game?
this is is probably the best game ever made.
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 67

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:20 pm

Not me atm. I might if the GH controller works for it. I cant stand the RB guitar.

I currently rock out with GH metallica though as well as the previous GH games.
Back to top Go down
-ZeeK-
Second Nation
-ZeeK-

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:48 pm

the guitar hero guitar controllers work with rock band, a lot of people say there better but I like the RB guitars, I like the feel or the buttons over the lumpy guitar hero ones
Back to top Go down
PhillyPride88
Second Nation
PhillyPride88

Nation Reputation : 2

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:42 am

Psh, you know that I more than rock out on Rock Band. Look up my band Chasing Theatrics and you will see Wink
Back to top Go down
Strange_Notes
Fifth Nation
Strange_Notes

Nation Reputation : 7

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Keee Meee Mee, bout 3 hours + everry day !!

Better than thats game called GH, Dunno what happened to that, Such a Sad Sad Situation,....
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:51 pm

i play. it fun. i do drums mostly. im not great at guitar
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 67

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:52 pm

I add rented this awhile ago.

I had to rent the Ps2 version because my GH Metallica wireless guitar didnt work with the Rb 2 PS3 version but my Original PS2 GH 2 guitar worked with the PS2 RB. Go figure....oh well I prefer the wired controller anyway.

But - simply said I'm pretty unimpressed with the track list. Seriously. almost 40% if not more were rip offs already done by the Guitar Hero franchise. And, those songs by bands that were well known weren't the best song choices. Example - their AC/DC song - they chose "Let There Be Rock". Decent song on its own. But seriously, for a marquee band why didnt they choose highway to hell, Thunderstruck or Shoot To Kill? Well known awesome songs! And they did this for a few of the well known bands. Then, as I went on in the career I was expecting more big name bands with their great songs. What did I get? Stuff I've never even heard of. Oh sure Judas Priest is great but Painkiller? I got more and more bored as I went through the game.

Also, having to do setlists at the end of each venue is a fine idea but I swear I played Let There Be Rock and Carry on Wayward son (rip off from GH 2) at least 5 times in one day. Allowing you to play future songs before they're unlocked just adds to the repetitive feeling. ie: at the end of a setlist you don't get to choose the song. Its already there. Yet after you beat that setlist and unlock more countries, there the song is waiting to get played again. And if you ignore it, it stays "unplayed".

GH World Tour impressed me more because at least the songs I hadn't heard of before I ended up liking some of them. The songs that were well known weren't used previously either. And World Tour had songs that weren't even in english! (not a good thing) Sorry RB - this installment further proved to me that you're still a runner up to GH. Gotta do better than that with your song list. Only good thing going was the number of songs. Too bad most of them weren't fun/good or had already been done before.
Back to top Go down
Shatten_Fox
Fourth Nation
Shatten_Fox

Nation Reputation : 1

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:07 am

Sorry but Guitar Hero to me was much better with picks of songs and just everything really and mainly because the original guitar hero was first so i went with that series.
Back to top Go down
Strange_Notes
Fifth Nation
Strange_Notes

Nation Reputation : 7

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:36 am

Who Made Guitar hero 1, Harmonix, Who Made Rock Band, Harmonix Smile

And GH want firstm Theres Guitar Freeks annd Drum Mania before that, Gh just brough it to consoles from the arcade Smile

And i think Rock Band Near 850 songs WINS!
Back to top Go down
Shatten_Fox
Fourth Nation
Shatten_Fox

Nation Reputation : 1

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 7:41 am

Meh guitar hero was first for me so i stick with it.
Back to top Go down
-ZeeK-
Second Nation
-ZeeK-

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Who Made Guitar hero 1, Harmonix, Who Made Rock Band, Harmonix Smile

And GH want firstm Theres Guitar Freeks annd Drum Mania before that, Gh just brough it to consoles from the arcade Smile

And i think Rock Band Near 850 songs WINS!
Harmonix made GH1 and 2 idunno about GH 80s hits
a different company makes the GHs now and they release like 5 GHs a year now. they're gonna kill it soon.

also anyone hear about this Rock Band network? any band can submit there songs to HMX to use in RB. and there are some pretty decent bands already looking forward to using this and record labels want to use it as a way to release entire catalogs of music from bands.
Back to top Go down
Sidawg
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 1:50 am

Can't get enough of this game. Most fun I have gaming is on this, do expert drums guitar and bass Very Happy= :D

Hit me up if you wanna play online Wink
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 9:30 am

Hey if any one plays this I have an important question.

I have a newer ps3 slim, and I was gonna get this for my kids for Christmas. How do all the instruments hook up? Cause now I'm only down to 2 usb slots on the slim. Does each instrument hook up separate?
How do I get mic, drums, guitar..etc all hooked up on only 2 slots?
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 10:56 am

ok so its all wireless (im assuming you already know)
but the guitar/bass USB adapters come with 2 other usb slots built it. so if you have both guitar usb's in, you have 4 other usb slots to use Smile

ill find a pic cause my post is a bit confusing

edit:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:04 pm

So it should be all good then.

The wireless thing sadly doesnt matter.

Even now all I can connect is 2 controllers wirelessly.

Its just how the slim is. It will only connect 2 things, just like it only has 2 usb slots
But it sounds like if I have those adapter doo hickies I can at least connect them...(I hope)
The kit comes with everything as far as I know (drums/guitar/bass/mic etc)
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 12:42 pm

the gray thing in the pic comes with the game instruments. they are the wireless adapters.
basically you can plug in your guitar adapter, then plug the bass and drum adapters into your guitar adapter and you can plug your mic into the bass adapter. that way you leave the other usb free on your slim

whats that about only being able to hook up 2 controllers? does that mean you cant play with 3 other people on a sports game or something?

if thats true, sony should pull their heads out of their asses
Back to top Go down
Sidawg
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:18 pm

Thats not how my one works Puzzled

Is Rock Band 2's receiver different to the Rock Band 1 kits receiver? Neutral
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:38 pm

blitzen1 wrote:
the gray thing in the pic comes with the game instruments. they are the wireless adapters.
basically you can plug in your guitar adapter, then plug the bass and drum adapters into your guitar adapter and you can plug your mic into the bass adapter. that way you leave the other usb free on your slim

whats that about only being able to hook up 2 controllers? does that mean you cant play with 3 other people on a sports game or something?

if thats true, sony should pull their heads out of their asses

Yes that is correct.
I first discovered it when the 2 little kids and I went to play that TMNT game after the last PS3 died.
We was sad faise

Thanks for the help though.

Its already been purchased (the game) and I hadnt even thought about the hook up thing until this morning
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 1:43 pm

i guess it is sidawg

i hope it works for ya six. stupid move by sony Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rock Band 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock Band 2   Rock Band 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock Band 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Music and Puzzles-
Jump to: