The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Walking Dead

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:59 pm

From [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Zombie TV Series to Join 'Mad Men' on AMC

One of TV's hottest properties, "Mad Men," is about to have some cold, stiff company. Variety reports that AMC is close to a deal with "Shawshank Redemption" director Frank Darabont to adapt zombie comic "The Walking Dead" for television.

The series, which will follow a group of survivors dodging a zombie apocalypse, will be a departure from genre flicks like "Dawn of the Dead," focusing more on character and drama than pure splatterific action.

And if the show's ratings start to flag, there's always the prospect of a "Walking Dead/Mad Men" crossover episode. Wouldn't it be a kick to see the zombies get eaten alive for once?

How awesome is that? Or not? I like the idea of a show about the survivors in a zombie filled world, but is there enough there to make it a good or even long lasting show. I mean, lets face it, there's only so many ways to kill a zombie, and even if the main focus will be character and drama as the article says, isnt it all still 'been there done that'? Whats left to be done?
Friend gets bitten and must be shot. Done.
Friend sacrifices self for his group, gets bitten, and then must be shot. Done
Even the Dawn of the Dead remake gave us a zombie baby.
What more drama can be made in a world full of zombies trying to crack your crunchy outside to get to the soft yummy inside?

That's enough drama in of itself no?
heres my prediction, and I hope its wrong.

"Oh no. The car that can save all our lives by getting us out of here is out of gas. The pumps are down in this dark yet unexplored area. Lets go get some."

"Arrrrrrrrg BRAINS!"

"Bob NO!"

*Bob sacrifices himself so friends can escape with gasoline, gets bitten, and later for emotional impact, is shot by his friends*

You think I can get on the team of screen writers?
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Ninth Nation
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 19

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Umm Zombies + Television= AVV3S0M3
That is all. affraid
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:52 am

I have a sneaking suspicion that you may be right, Six. Just a little bit. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:24 am

I hope its darker with people going nutso. If anyone remembers the Zombie Survival Thread on Myresistance, you'll see some good stuff in there that they wanted.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

Nation Reputation : 0

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:05 pm

If they take some inspiration from Dead Set, this could become my new obsession for when Lost finishes next year, but whether the director of Shawshank would want to go in that direction is just another story Puzzled
Then again, with the success of True Blood... Smile
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 7:35 pm

Well there still doesnt seem to be much info on the show that I can find. I have read a lot of things about the comic though, and it sounds disturbing enough that this may actually be good. That coupled with the fact that it will be a cable channel show.......I may let my hopes get up like [ ] this much. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Walking Dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead   The Walking Dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Entertainment :: Random Chat :: Television and Movies-
Jump to: