The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The photoshop version or writers block

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

The photoshop version or writers block Empty
PostSubject: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 11:48 pm

ok so i decided id just fool around on photoshop the other day and i started working on bumblebee (transformers picture)
this is what i have but its just not working out for me. i know i need to use some brushes. i've started over about 3 times now Mad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ideas? suggestions?
i can start from scratch, i dont care, i need something
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:36 am

From the Layout that you have I wouldn't use brushing.
Look for a thread in the Graphic Artists section and look up Both Crash's work and Pineapple Enimas work, they might give you some Idea. And definatly check out reps work for some serious styling

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:05 am

Id think gradient maps is what they are called on PS.
Might be all it needs in a layer between the background image and the main render
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:03 pm

hmm i could try gradient map. and i would try some of the stuff REP and all them do if i knew how Razz
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:53 pm

Tons of tutorials on youtube
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:02 am

yea thats true. ill check some stuff out
and download some brushes because i have yet to do so on my laptop

btw my original background in that pic is a gradient map (grey to white)
Back to top Go down
PiNeAppLe_eNiMa
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:34 pm

I rarely use brushes, and if i do it's usually for blending around a render (low opacity spatter brushes, kinda looks like smoke). Smudging with renders with jitter usually works out cool for backgrounds...

Gradients I use a lot, usually over the entire sig then maybe put a copy of the layer render at a lowered opacity over top to sorta make it pop a bit...

C4D's tend to look better than brushes, IMHO, there's lots at planetrenders.net...set them to overlay, color dodge, etc...

I dunno I'm pretty much crap compared to Crash or REP though...

For that Bumblebee one I think I'd lose him on the left side and just do a cool background, he sorta distracts from the focal point, which is the one on ze right...
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:17 pm

I agree on the bee.

Or if you really want something. maybe overlay the Autobot symbol into he background.
At least then you dont have 2 of the same type image in it
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 10:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
ok so i decided id just fool around on photoshop the other day and i started working on bumblebee (transformers picture)
this is what i have but its just not working out for me. i know i need to use some brushes. i've started over about 3 times now Mad

ideas? suggestions?
i can start from scratch, i dont care, i need something

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!
ITS BUMBLEBEEEEE!

i am like a MASSIIVEEE fan of bumblebee!
i even write fanfictions on him!! ^.^
i has his toys
and collectables

and omg Smile

i was wondering

if you cann...

pretty please....

MAKE ME A BUMBLEBEE SIG.... that looks exactly like that... just with SayberLeigh written in the corner Smile

haha Smile

cheers
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:05 pm

ill see what i can do
i think it on my computer at home so i might have to remake it for you ok?
Back to top Go down
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:23 pm

You heading towards greatness. Keep at it. I would darken the Bg a little and blend him into it some.. Looks really good though nice job. Wink
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 11:26 pm

its pretty old i have it on my other computer, i kind left it to dry while working on other stuff

oh also with my timeshift one you commented on im not sure what you meant by hit the sides of him with the colours around him lol
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation
SparklyBazongaz,

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 1:59 am

ill see what i can do
i think it on my computer at home so i might have to remake it for you ok?

WOOO!
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW!!!! The photoshop version or writers block 915210
Smile

haha i get excited easily Embarassed Laughing
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 2:35 pm

i couldnt find the other render i had of bumblebee so i went with this.
hows that?

Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation
SparklyBazongaz,

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 4:13 pm

i couldnt find the other render i had of bumblebee so i went with this.
hows that?

OMG..
THATS AWESOME!! Smile
its perfect Smile
yay!!! cheers

thankyouuu Smile The photoshop version or writers block 915210
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:06 pm

its pretty old i have it on my other computer, i kind left it to dry while working on other stuff

oh also with my timeshift one you commented on im not sure what you meant by hit the sides of him with the colours around him lol

thats not the only thing you forgot Razz
mom founf a pair of you jeans downstairs Very Happy= :D
That will be my Christmas present from me to you The photoshop version or writers block 915210 The photoshop version or writers block 88885
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation
SparklyBazongaz,

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:59 pm

i haz my sigs Smile
yay!
The photoshop version or writers block 915210
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:03 pm

eve_ofdestructin wrote:

That will be my Christmas present from me to you The photoshop version or writers block 915210 The photoshop version or writers block 88885

no problem leigh
what jeans?
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation
SparklyBazongaz,

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:23 pm

The photoshop version or writers block 915210 The photoshop version or writers block 915210 The photoshop version or writers block 915210 The photoshop version or writers block 915210 The photoshop version or writers block 915210
Smile
Back to top Go down
eve
Eighth Nation
eve

Nation Reputation : 26

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:45 pm

eve_ofdestructin wrote:

no problem leigh
what jeans?

im not going to describe them to you, mainly because i dont know how to, but also because you dont want to spoil your Christmas present now do you Brenda? The photoshop version or writers block 923363
Back to top Go down
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 9:59 pm

The Bumblebee sig is awesome man. And I ment use the eyedropper to select colors near the render and then on a new layer set to softlight use a soft brush to highlight him with the colors.. Wink
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 11:11 pm

thanks rep Very Happy= :D

oh i see. like just the edges or add a little over the whole render?
Back to top Go down
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 6:20 am

It all depends on how much of that certain light you want to be on him.
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 1:19 pm

ive been trying it out. it just looks stupid when i try stuff tongue
Back to top Go down
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 7:09 pm

Practice practice practice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The photoshop version or writers block   The photoshop version or writers block Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The photoshop version or writers block

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: User Gen :: Graphic Artists (sigs, manip, etc)-
Jump to: