The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Empty
PostSubject: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:09 pm

The Sixth Nation Community's SotW Contest
Current Theme
Retro/ Classic Games

Entry period: Sunday June 12th- Monday June 20th
All entries must be pm'ed to me by the day of the deadline
See rules for more details.
Good luck all. The winning image will be displayed on our Portal Page with a widget that links to this topic in the hope to build more traffic and entries week to week.

The Signature of the Week is a contest and as such a few rules should be followed to ensure a fair competition.
Below is a list of rules that must be adhered to in order to achieve that goal. Any person, entry, etc that violates these rules will be disqualified from the contest.

Official Entry Rules..(subject to edits)

• Signatures must follow the current theme, which will be posted on this same post.
  • Signatures must be your own original work. Using stocks and renders are fine.
    No copying, stealing, or altering an existing sig however.
  • Signatures that break the current SixthNation Forum Rules will not be accepted
  • Signatures can not exceed a size of 450 x 200
  • Entries must be pmed to me with in the deadline.
    Alterations can be made after an entry is in, as long as it too is in by deadline.
  • All entries should be uploaded to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so the user name isn't visible on right-click 'properties'.
  • You must not share your image by PM,Post, etc. Entrants must remain anonymous at all times through the deadline and voting period.

OTHER RULES OF THIS THREAD

• No campaigning. Contestants will be anonymous so there's no reason to campaign. If you campaign anyway your votes will be discounted from the final result.
  • No chatting. There are discussion threads for that.
  • Do not guess at who made what signature. The entire point to this is to keep contestants anonymous to ensure fair voting. If you guess at who made what it will influence the final outcome. Don't do it.
  • Do not ask who made what signature. You're not supposed to know until the very end.
  • Do not discuss whether or not you will enter. If you publicly announce that you will enter it may indicate who already has.
  • Do not discuss missed deadlines, because that can also indicate who has/hasn't entered.
  • Do not mention what editing program you would be using to create signatures.

Voting

• Voting will most likely be done by poll. In order to avoid people voting for themselves, votes might be done by post. I haven't decided yet.
  • The voting period will probably run for the duration of the weekend. The winner will be announced Monday, along with the next theme.
  • I will most likely activate the Gallery where all winners will be displayed. Winners of the SotW contest will be awarded either regular or reputation points.

The first theme will most likely go up tom. Oct. 5th-9th (I think thats right)

Thanks and good luck everyone.

Last edited by Six on Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:07 am; edited 56 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

Nation Reputation : 18

The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Sounds cool... I got raped in the last contest I entered. Maybe public vote? I really don't like having judges. SADFAise
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:23 pm

Yeah we could just poll it. Even run that poll widget on the portal too, but it would be hard to display the sigs on it.
Thinking
Actually no it wouldnt, but it may take one whole side of the portal.
Back to top Go down
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:56 pm

I like it. cheers
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:35 pm

Lets see who else we can get to bite.

:excitedsign:
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:39 pm

SotW = sig of the week?
lol
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:20 am

Crash ran it on the old XX forum, maybe give him a call for some advice. Wink

I know the hard part is thinking up the theme each time. scratch
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:55 am

I like this Idea, Give me something to push me at getting better with them.
Know I'll get arse raped by ye, but I won't be complaining about it.
Plus I really like seeing peoples skills.
If you need to contact Crash, he's on my Facebook.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:54 am

The thing with the public vote is that it doesn't always come down to the most professional looking sig... It's what appeals most that is likely to win. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 7:11 am

Think thats what the theme thing is for, that way everyone works on one basic Image and see who comes up with what.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:24 pm

We should get a hold of crash, just to see if he would be intrested in entering in them. I can try to "run" it unless someone else is really up for it.

So as of now 3 or 4 people in?
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Fifth Nation
A_Bloody_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:21 pm

Thump

Maybe
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:15 am

Hey! Watch where you is thumpin'... Big meany bunny. Laughing I love you

I can see myself taking part, but I don't think I'd have time to organise. Sad
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:58 am

I'm definatly in with generic stuff.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 8:42 am

So I uninstalled GIMP, dl'ed again and re installed.

First order of business was a new graphic for the Theme night promo on the portal.
Everything was running smooth and fine. The image was looking sweet. I was making a few final small changes and.......

......THE GD THING FROZE!!!!!

Always.
I dont get it. The other version was so much better. I never had these kinds of problems with it. SO idk. Since I'm unsure how much Ill ever be able to enter, Ill host SotW. This way there is no concern of shenanigans too.

A question I had though...

Is once a week too often with as small as we are now? Maybe every 2 weeks, or once a month?
Input please.
Ill start working out a better OP, and thinking on the first theme.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 10:28 am

Ok all. The OP has been updated with contest rules etc.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 1:34 pm

On the Label SoTW we had the following rule... Don't know if you think it's worth doing or not. Thinking

For anonimity, all entries should be uploaded to tinypic so the username isn't visible on right-click 'properties'. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:29 pm

Gude eye Deere.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:36 pm

Leonardo_337 wrote:
On the Label SoTW we had the following rule... Don't know if you think it's worth doing or not. Thinking

For anonimity, all entries should be uploaded to tinypic so the username isn't visible on right-click 'properties'. Wink

Oh yeah. I knew I forgot one.
Thanks Leo.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 4:36 am

Six"Haunted"HousePull wrote:

First order of business was a new graphic for the Theme night promo on the portal.
Everything was running smooth and fine. The image was looking sweet. I was making a few final small changes and.......

Always.
I dont get it. The other version was so much better. I never had these kinds of problems with it. SO idk. Since I'm unsure how much Ill ever be able to enter, Ill host SotW. This way there is no concern of shenanigans too.

Is once a week too often with as small as we are now? Maybe every 2 weeks, or once a month?
Input please.

Remember. Save every so often.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:47 am

Liam wrote:

Always.

Input please.

Remember. Save every so often.

Yeah, just like the posts on this forum.

The theme is up on the OP under the
Current Theme heading.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:45 am

Okily dokily will get started later on.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 6:06 am

One entry in. I will wait to display them all at once on Fri so no one can build a liking to one before any others show up.
Back to top Go down
A_Bloody_Bunny
Fifth Nation
A_Bloody_Bunny

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 9:51 pm

One entry in. I will wait to display them all at once on Fri so no one can build a liking to one before any others show up.

Really not a bad idea

Looking forward to seeing what people come up with
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:38 am

We do have three now. cheers

I may (and breaking one of my own rules here quick in this announcement) may enter anyhow.
Just to help beef up the number of options (I guess is the word).

If there are objections to that, its cool no sweat. Just let me know and I wont.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games   The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sixth Nation Communitys SotW Contest Current theme: Retro classic games

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: User Gen :: Graphic Artists (sigs, manip, etc)-
Jump to: