The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Activated today

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

Activated today - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 1:30 pm

I tried it on my iPod last night and it... well.. looks bad. It used to just give you the same view as your computer browser (only smaller) but now it's removed all the graphics and gives you something that's effectively unusable. I think. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 1:56 pm

That sucks.
If functionality was ok before this...I guess I dont see what the point was.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the finished "not beta" is any better.

I can see wanting to cut out SOME image dl's. But buttons etc are kind of important.
Are those all gone too?
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:34 pm

I looked on my iPod earlier, and totally did not see that. I'll get you an image of what I saw in a bit.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:29 am

i tryed my iphone today and i hit two different links from Google
and both wer different .
one was the normal forum that you see on a PC and one was i quest the new kind
did not like the new one so much i would click on the newest post for a thread and it
would take me to the start of the thread instead annoying to say the least .
but i hardly use my iphone so meh wont worry to much .
just feed back for you sixer don't know if it's help full or not but there you go
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:24 am

Thanks for the feedback wadey. Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 12:38 pm

I use my itouch alot for accessing the forum but im having the same problems as the others . Used to look just like the PC and was fine for me but now its unfortunately hard to use as you have to flick accross all the pages to get to the latest one and you cant post .
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Does it default to that view?

I know you can change it back to the "old way" but was wondering if every time you enter the site, is in in that newer format?
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Mitchellkillgour wrote:
I use my itouch alot for accessing the forum but im having the same problems as the others . Used to look just like the PC and was fine for me but now its unfortunately hard to use as you have to flick accross all the pages to get to the latest one and you cant post .

at the bottom of the pages i think you can select classic view Mitch and it will take you to
the normal look of the forum from what i remember
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:04 pm

Yeah, once I switched to the "Classic" view the forum takes on it's regular appearance that it does when I browse it on the computer.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:41 am

I still dont get why they did this then. At least everyone can go to the normal view.

It just seems so pointless if it was working ok before this. I know people had expressed concerns over phone browsing in the past, but it sounds like it wasnt a terrible experience in the first place. At least....not compared to this alternative.

Shrug
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:22 am

Ooooo phone technology. Anyone use anything other than iOS to view the forums? I have an Android based phone and I'm wondering how it'll look on there.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:25 am

Off topic, but quick question for the iPhone users, is it possible to send a group a text message without having to click on the whole reciepiant add thing?

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Activated today - Page 10 Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:47 am

@Fawlty__Towers wrote:
Ooooo phone technology. Anyone use anything other than iOS to view the forums? I have an Android based phone and I'm wondering how it'll look on there.
As I understand it, they now have it so the forum auto recognizes what ever is being used to browse the forums and adjusts itself accordingly.
However, I think it will still be that default window I had posted a little bit back.

The whole thing is still in beta, and I hate to say there wasnt an e.t as to when it would be out of beta. They did hint that you will eventually be able to log in and post etc, but beyond that I have no idea what anything will look like when done, and how it may differ from device to device.
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:06 am

I find it easier to use the "Classic" browsing options when I'm on my iPod mainly because I don't get that screen showing what it's supposed to look like. I always get something different.
Back to top Go down
Madformelons
Second Nation
Madformelons

Nation Reputation : 2

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 2:35 pm

@Lod wrote:
Off topic, but quick question for the iPhone users, is it possible to send a group a text message without having to click on the whole reciepiant add thing?
Not without downloading an app as far as I can see.
There is one called Social Chair SMS which I think costs £1.19.
I haven't downloaded it myself but it looks like what you're after. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 2:39 pm

Since Verizon has the iPhone now I'm debating buying one because I love my iPod touch so much.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 2:49 am

not sure where to post this but since street is talking about iphone .
i have iphone 4 can i put pics straight to the Nation like people do on facebook.
or do i still have to host then on tinypic?
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:53 am

tbh, Im am not sure wadey.
I would think they would still need to be hosted.

What kind of pics are they?
If they are pics you'd like to keep here for some time,(the family dog, a vacation, etc) and ones you dont want buried in some thread....we do have the Gallery. You can even set up your own personal album. Then, they are being hosted HERE. The only set back is mod/admin approval on all pic entered into the gallery, but thats just a time thing.

If its just pics to make or keep a joke in a thread, you are probably better off just using TP.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 6:35 am

it would just be more the odd random pic here and there tbh so ill just use TP i think
thank sixer
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:15 am

I know when you make a post and attach an image there's some way that the forums hosts it. Not sure what, but you could always try that option.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:10 pm

Okay knuckleheads.

I have added him by popular demand.
Thanks to crazy for finding him.
(I think it was crazy)

drools

Code:
:drool:
Back to top Go down
FlightOfGrey
Fourth Nation
FlightOfGrey

Nation Reputation : 36

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 8:04 pm

Yusssssss drools

Edit: that has to be one of my most spamiest posts ever. So worth it though.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 8:42 pm

I thought you might like that. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Fawlty__Towers
Fifth Nation
Fawlty__Towers

Nation Reputation : 6

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:07 pm

I don't get it...added who?

Maybe I'm just behind the times because I've been MIA for a bit. =]
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:11 pm

drooly smiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Activated today
Page 10 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: News in the Nation :: Things You Should Know-
Jump to: