The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Activated today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Activated today - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 9:17 pm

@rrwatch wrote:
I started the whole thing by commenting that I was having no problem with Chrome loading after Az posted pages were slow. I didn't mean to start a mine is bigger than yours .... Sorry
it wasnt about mine is bigger then yours. its about cobalt being delusional and thinking fire fox is better. when in reality the only people who think that are people who are just so used to FF they cant use anything else Razz
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Guys. Just let it go. Leo's right, we do need to get back on topic.
Now then, Activated Today presents: A list of all reasons Chrome sucks... Wait, no.
Something about a handy bar atop the screen. Right. Let's focus on that.

Activated today - Page 17 Cobalt-1
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Yeh since that tool bar turned up I have a never ending load symbol
On my iPhone. The forum loads fine most of the time.
So from and iPhone view its working fine Smile
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 11:25 pm

one thing I dont like is "*insert user name* replied to a topic watched" its so far the only notification I get. and it is very generic. would be nice if it would say what topic it was in. probably nothing you can do about it though
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 3:56 am

We can all agree that IE sucks.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Activated today - Page 17 Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:51 am

Just one thing to say: mine definitely IS bigger than yours.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 7:31 am

facepalm2
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:37 am

I've been sitting here for a minute and I still have no idea what's in Leo's post. Everything else loads fine, but when I come here and there are a bunch of smilies or other images I just wait here for ages.

(Still hasn't loaded)

So then I suddenly see [member] has signed in and then everything loads immediately. Puzzled
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:47 am

I think I know what you mean there Az, I seen it like that yesterday, mozilla would take forever to load the page/It would continue to load after I was done looking at the thread with images missing including the New Post flasher.

Also when you posted would it stay on the "Information page" about your post being added?

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 10:51 am

Er, I can't remember.

EDIT: In Firefox I'm stuck at that "your message has posted successfully" screen. I logged in using IE9 (because it's the only other browser installed right now) and it's being ridiculously fast and the loading problems seem to have gone away.

Idk... maybe there's something about Forumotion that Firefox doesn't like right now.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 am

That was happening to me all day yesterday, but now it isn't and I use Firefox for the forums... I did disable Java today though cause someone turned it back on on my comps, that's about it.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:03 am

@nobody wrote:
one thing I dont like is "*insert user name* replied to a topic watched" its so far the only notification I get. and it is very generic. would be nice if it would say what topic it was in. probably nothing you can do about it though

I have gotten the other notifications. For example Az just logged in and I recieved the Az has connected notification.
But you are right. We cant change how the toolbar works. This convo is for discussing whether or not we like it, and imo, more importantly, whether we like it more than a bunch of buttons.

As far as browsers go....the word preference exists for a reason. No one is right or wrong in a preference.
I like the color blue. Someone else might like the color green. Neither of us is right or wrong.

Plus one to Leo for trying. If you guys want a browser discussion, go make a topic for it.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 11:11 am

Well right now it seems to be working, although it will do this normal-sluggish alternating deal all the time right now. Not that I've been logged in a lot over the holiday weekend yet so I'm not sure if this is happening all the time so I'll keep playing with it, but right now the toolbar gets a "no" from me. I don't really share a lot, the only notifications I get are people logged in and reports, and I rarely have to go searching the forums for anything, which I usually just use Google for.

Shrug I'll give a few more days, but I really don't think I'm going to get much use out of it.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:49 pm

I like the notification feature. dont really care for the rest of it
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 4:52 pm

I like that it says " Welcome Cel ".
It's nice.. And inviting and to the point.. And I find myself in a better mood as I say "Why thank you.. Happy to be here."

Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 4:32 am

I think it could be useful, if it wasn't for everything getting buried in notifications all the time... I currently have 343 of them. Neutral

Can we disable the 'watched topic' option globally? I just don't have time to sift through 343 notifications to find the important stuff. Sad
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 6:38 am

Yes.

Really, I think there are three different ways to disable watched topics.

-Globally, as you ask, in the actual toolbars option.
Drop the Notifications box open and click the See All Notifications link way at the bottom. That brings you to the options to personalize your tool bar. Uncheck the box that says
A new post in a watched topic and it should stop informing you of new replies.

-The Second Option is to click on your profile link.
Right next to the Notifications tab is a link to Topic(s) being watched
Clicking it will bring you to a page that lists ALL the topics you are watching. You can individually go through them there and remove any topics you no longer wish to watch

-The third and final option is in the actual topic itself
While inside a topic you are watching you will see an option to Stop watching this topic directly underneath the page numbers
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 7:15 am

LoL, yeah I did all that...

<,<

>,>

But seriously, I cleared all the check boxes and it still says 345 Notifications. Sad

Looks like you have to delete them page by page. pale

EDIT - Done... All fourteen pages of it. Man, you guys are some spammers! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:07 am

I did it the same way myself Leo, then turned off the notifications for watched topics. I can just use the newposts link as always for updates.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:19 am

the problem with that is when I check this board from my phone during my break at work, it marks everything as read so then when i get home there is nothing there
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 12:27 pm

The bar on my phone is a hassle. Ill go to open the notifications but end up hitting the image link through the banner.

I wish FM would get off its ass and complete the mobile version already so we can actually log in and use it as opposed to just browsing as guest.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:35 pm

I use my phone to browse the forum alot I have no trouble loging in
Or using the forum in general.but that new bar is impossible to use.
Even if I try enlarge it you still can't use it coz yeh it gets bigger
But you can't side scroll to get across to the notification part it just
Stays still while the rest of the forum slides.
And if I try to touch it while its at the normal small size it ether hides itself or I hit the search option at the top of safari.
Back to top Go down
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

Nation Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:59 am

I use my phone to browse the forum alot I have no trouble loging in
Or using the forum in general.but that new bar is impossible to use.
Even if I try enlarge it you still can't use it coz yeh it gets bigger
And if I try to touch it while its at the normal small size it hides itself.

Fixed Activated today - Page 17 1282
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:12 am

Hahah reading it back that's just funny!!
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:21 am

So, the search bar only searches thread titles or am I missing something? Puzzled
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Activated today

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: News in the Nation :: Things You Should Know-
Jump to: