The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Activated today

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

Nation Reputation : 18

Activated today - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 2:48 pm

I think it send GPS info to Liam so he can figure out which windows to peep into.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:22 am

@Azira wrote:
So, the search bar only searches thread titles or am I missing something? Puzzled

Thread titles mostly, If it searched by posts the rate of return would be quite a lot. It can display as the threads themselves or as the posts.

@Rep-- wrote:
I think it send GPS info to Liam so he can figure out which windows to peep into.

No it doesn't.

>.>
<.<

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Activated today - Page 18 Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 10:53 am

@Lod wrote:
@Azira wrote:
So, the search bar only searches thread titles or am I missing something? Puzzled

Thread titles mostly, If it searched by posts the rate of return would be quite a lot. It can display as the threads themselves or as the posts.

Well, that seems kind of pointless. If by the time I'm actually using a search here I want to be looking inside posts, I don't want just thread titles. I guess I'll just be using Google to search here like I've been doing previously.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:02 am

Sorry I retract that actually, it does search inside posts. I used the word funny as an example, display results as posts so I could see if it searches the inside and the word funny was highlighted in the post but only if its on the thread title as well...

What's a more common word to use as an example?

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 12:56 pm

I bet shoot is a very common word on these boards
Back to top Go down
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:46 am

REP is a good one... Wink
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:24 am

Yes he is, but he ain't common. He does use the word shoot a lot though. Just before the word goo as well.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Rep--
Fifth Nation
Rep--

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:40 am

Shootin gooo... Hmmm This is how a mini Liam was created me thinks...
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:44 am

No pretty sure he was created with a lot of pushing and grunting.

The search function is pretty crappy but can come in handy if you are looking for a specific title that you can't be bothered to go through the lists looking for.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 6:14 pm

Here is Forumotion's post describing the new posting editor:

http://help.forumotion.com/t124616-new-editor-for-forumotion-forums

Hopefully this helps if you're trying to figure it out.
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

Nation Reputation : 63

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:04 pm

@Azira wrote:
Here is Forumotion's post describing the new posting editor:

http://help.forumotion.com/t124616-new-editor-for-forumotion-forums

Hopefully this helps if you're trying to figure it out.

No, Im trying to figure out how not to be stuck in the dam quote box ! This new editor suxks. Replies should be intuitive and easy , you shouldn't have to learn code. Can you keep the old one? I dont see any advantage
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:24 pm

In the quick reply box there's a button that says "Switch Editor Mode". By default it's set to WYSIWYG, but clicking it switches it so you can see what's actually being quoted and can write posts after it.

Quote :
Test quote
*hits preview

Yeah. If you click it you shouldn't have any problems. In the other reply box it's beside the clipboard: it looks like a paper page.

Activated today - Page 18 Button10
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 7:39 pm

@Azira wrote:
In the quick reply box there's a button that says "Switch Editor Mode". By default it's set to WYSIWYG, but clicking it switches it so you can see what's actually being quoted and can write posts after it.

Quote :
Test quote
*hits preview

Yeah. If you click it you shouldn't have any problems. In the other reply box it's beside the clipboard: it looks like a paper page.

Thanks Az, Now that was intuitive . Really?, what is normal about hitting a quote button and not having it work until you switch editor mode ? Forum motion has turned into engineers who make you take out a whole tailight to replace a bulb....
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:07 am

Thank goodness I can get outside quote boxes again lol.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 4:11 am

\_(o.o)_/ You have to remember it's all about what they think is best not what we want. Customer service these days seems to revolve around "This is what we want you to do so do it." And when you ask them about it "We have implemented this through client feedback and for better customer service, to you the customer.". Meanwhile all I see is "Cause f*** you that's why!"

Sorry. I've being talking to a lot of customer service reps lately. I think they all went to the same school/college.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:57 am

@Azira wrote:

Quote :
Test quote
*hits preview

Thanks Stella!
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:29 am

@Lod wrote:
\_(o.o)_/ You have to remember it's all about what they think is best not what we want. Customer service these days seems to revolve around "This is what we want you to do so do it." And when you ask them about it "We have implemented this through client feedback and for better customer service, to you the customer.". Meanwhile all I see is "Cause f*** you that's why!"

Sorry. I've being talking to a lot of customer service reps lately. I think they all went to the same school/college.

Of course is what they want. I've seen it plenty,  so much software starts out as a sleek , useful,tool which can be quickly understood and utilized and then is morphs into a bloated, crazed nightmare which is only used by those who go to year long classes right after the yearly update. Angry :angry: I am grateful to Azira for her help or I'd still be stuck in box. I plan on not talking about any shows so I wont have to learn how to use the new spoiler tags until Game of Thrones comes out next year. Also ... all you kids get off my lawn !!
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Well you can continue quoting and spoilering all you want now. Razz
Back to top Go down
rrwatch
Seventh Nation
rrwatch

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 1:44 pm

Yay:

and plus 1 for your help Azira !!
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:32 pm

Let the party commence?
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:32 am

Party? YAY! Fun box time!

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 12:45 am

Well, uhm...the forum.
Again
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 3:57 am

I HAVE COME!

Not that way.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 5:10 am

You can be honest here. It was in that way.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 5:49 am

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Activated today   Activated today - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Activated today
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: News in the Nation :: Things You Should Know-
Jump to: