The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Need for Speed release.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

Need for Speed release. Empty
PostSubject: Need for Speed release.   Need for Speed release. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 10:30 am

EA announced that the latest incarnation of the Need for Speed racing series, entitled Need for Speed Shift, will be hitting stores this Fall (September 22 to be exact). EA also said that the title will take the series in a new direction, by focusing on creating an authentic racing experience. While the Need for Speed series has had more reboots than a computer running Windows Vista, this one actually sounds promising: players will do all of their racing from a first-person view, and developer Slightly Mad Studios are trying to make it as authentic of an experience as possible, through “…the combination of perception based G-forces… and the all-new brutally disorienting crash dynamic.” With all of the graphical advancements current generation consoles can offer, we can’t think of a better way for a racing game to showcase them than from inside the cockpit. If they can pull it off, we might just see Need for Speed at the head of the pack again.

Need for Speed Shift will be available for the PS3, Xbox 360, PC and PSP.

[from GameInformer.com]
Back to top Go down
PiNeAppLe_eNiMa
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

Need for Speed release. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need for Speed release.   Need for Speed release. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 12:10 am

NFS was an awesome series that EA totally flushed down the toilet...the last good one I played was most wanted, after that...garb. Perhaps the series could be brought back from the steamy pile of death where it currently resides...I dunno though, 1st person only view will be weird. Sounds like a rent first to me.
Back to top Go down

Need for Speed release.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: News in the Nation :: Calendar Announcements-
Jump to: