The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

PS3 Tech support

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
darkestfind
New in the Nation
darkestfind

Nation Reputation : 1

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:54 am

I figured we needed a thread for those questions relating to hardware/ connections, etc.
Most of the basics can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well, my PS3 officially died. Sad We were watching Coraline and the thing just shut off on me. I try to turn it on and it blinks red. I was wondering if anyone has sent their PS3 in with a disk and if they got it back?

Last edited by Azira on Wed May 16, 2012 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added "PS3" to title)
Back to top Go down
SpongeBobNoPants
Ninth Nation
SpongeBobNoPants

Nation Reputation : 19

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:58 am

Sad
Sorry to hear that, DF.
Mines been f'ing up as well, when I contact Sony Ill let you know what they say.
Back to top Go down
Enorag
Second Nation
Enorag

Nation Reputation : 0

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Well, my PS3 officially died. Sad We were watching Coraline and the thing just shut off on me. I try to turn it on and it blinks red. I was wondering if anyone has sent their PS3 in with a disk and if they got it back?
Is the warranty still valid? If not, you can use this guide to get rid of the Blu Ray:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Otherwise, you'll have to do it the Sony way - by that I mean you wait months for something that could be done there and then.

Sorry to hear about it, I think my one's about to go too
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:05 am

Have you tried holding down the eject button for (I think) 10 seconds?

I know I've done that before when I've had 'Lockups' but I'm not sure if it will work while the RLOD is on. scratch

As a second Ps3 user myself, I feel your pain, Darkest. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Raistlin
Eighth Nation
Raistlin

Nation Reputation : 67

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:28 am

That sucks man. I'm hearing this happening to more people and I'm getting pretty paranoid about it. My PS3 is an 80 GB B/C model. As I've had it for over a year, the warrantee is done. If it dies, I lose my B/C so I'll have to replace my PS3 AND pS2.....I would not be impressed.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:48 am

Let us all have a moment of silence to remember those who have left us to that great Sony Repair centre in the sky.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 3:49 pm

I cant say i know much but I recall reading some posts on Myres once. Cant remember who it happened to but they said they did get the disc back. I wish I could remember enough to search for the topic there.
Back to top Go down
Hoos
Fifth Nation
Hoos

Nation Reputation : 37

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 3:09 pm

I don’t know if your warranty is still good or not. PS3’s have been crashing left and right in my NCAA league. People have been sending their PS3’s to this place. They fix them fast and send everything back.

Storefront Address: 203 West Main St. Owosso, MI 48867

Website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ebay store (350+ feedback): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... dZViewItem
Back to top Go down
darkestfind
New in the Nation
darkestfind

Nation Reputation : 1

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 6:59 am

Well my warranty is expired, but we had been thinking about sending it off to PS3 land to get it fixed. We went out and bought the PS3 slim hoping we could change out the hard drives but no such luck Crying or Very sad We'll probably keep the new PS3 and repair the old one to give to my parents for Christmas (they have been looking for a blu ray dvd player). If anyone has any ideas on swithcing the drives, please let me know. Pirate
Back to top Go down
Strange_Notes
Fifth Nation
Strange_Notes

Nation Reputation : 7

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 5:53 am

Snap!, Mine Died weeks ago and i have no warrenty

If you send it off you should get your disc back, My mate did with W@W,
Back to top Go down
PiNeAppLe_eNiMa
Fourth Nation

Nation Reputation : 9

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:22 pm

Bunglin had a home fix for his PS3 posted up on another forum, PM him and he should be able to send you the info...find him in the F/B Fragging Bastards Clan Chat/Recruitment board doohickey.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 7:55 pm

I dont really have a question as I know what is wrong with my ps3.
It has contracted........ The Great Peacock Virus.

Spoiler:

So my options are

• Send for the box and pay 150 (at least Id get the game out that is stuck in there.)
  • Screw the disc and drop a few hundo on a 120 g
    or my favorite option
  • Pay $360 for the 120g AND Uncharted 2?

Heres the prob...
It goes green for a sec, flashes kind of yellow, and then blinks red for all of eternity.
Im guessing its dead right? Thats the sign?

Last edited by Six"Haunted"HousePull on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sidawg
First Nation
First Nation

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:27 pm

Definitely dead

i assume the disc is UC2?

answer depends on how much you wish to spend Wink
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:02 pm

Actually it isnt.

Im not sure honestly. Something one of my kids was playing, so most likely a ps2 game.
All mine are accounted for.
Yoga
Back to top Go down
Sidawg
First Nation
First Nation

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:25 pm

Six"Haunted"HousePull wrote:
Actually it isnt.

Im not sure honestly. Something one of my kids was playing, so most likely a ps2 game.
All mine are accounted for.
Yoga

Ah ok.

If money isn't too much of an issue, a 250gb slim would be sweet, has US got these yet? Depends if you think the slims are hideously ugly or not Laughing
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:33 pm

I have to admit....idk.
Thinking

Havent seen them. I should go the cheapest route and just pay 150 for a cardboard box.
I just hate the idea of rebuilt.
Sounds like a used car to me.
I wants new!!!
Back to top Go down
Sidawg
First Nation
First Nation

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:35 pm

Yeah if you buy a new one you're effectively buying a new warranty as well. Slims are looking like they're more reliable too.

I think there might be a 250gb MW2 bundle? could kill two birds with one stone on the 10th., unsure though.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:38 pm

In my house, compact is better. I wouldnt mind a slim, just don't know much on them.
Back to top Go down
Sidawg
First Nation
First Nation

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Six"Haunted"HousePull wrote:
In my house, compact is better. I wouldnt mind a slim, just don't know much on them.

What do you wanna know? Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 9:43 pm

Gee idk. i guess if there are any other complaints on them other than they look ugly. Laughing
Another small reason i was willing to wait a year after the PS3 first launched to actually get one.
I like to let the guinea pigs get a head start so I can see if its worth it.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:38 am

Haven't actually heard anything bad about the Slimlines, and will be getting one myself round christmas.

From Wiki
Quote :
Slim model
Following speculation that a 'slim' model was in the pipeline Sony officially announced the PS3 CECH-2000 on August 18, 2009 at the Sony Gamescom press conference. The PS3 slim (officially called the PS3 CECH-2000) features an upgradeable 120GB hard drive and is 33% smaller, 36% lighter, and consumes 34% less power than previous models. The cooling system has been redesigned and Cell processor has moved to a 45nm manufacturing process. It sold in excess of a million units in its first 3 weeks on sale.

The PS3 slim also includes support for CEC (more commonly referred to by its manufacturer brandings of BraviaSync, VIERA Link, EasyLink and others) which allows control of the console over HDMI. The PS3 slim also runs quieter and cooler than previous models due to its 45 nm Cell. The PS3 Slim no longer has the ability to install third party operating systems such as Linux. The PS3 slim was officially released on September 1, 2009 in North America and Europe and on September 3, 2009 in Japan, Australia and New Zealand. However, some retailers such as Amazon.com, Best Buy, and GameStop started to sell the PS3 slim on August 25, 2009. A 250GB Final Fantasy XIII-themed PS3 Slim which was white in color with pink designs, was officially announced on September 24, 2009 at the Tokyo Game Show as part of a bundle in Japan for Final Fantasy XIII, it was initially revealed in FCC filings as the PS3 CECH-2000B. Sony Computer Entertainment Australia also announced later that day that it would be bringing the 250GB PS3 slim to Australia which would be bundled with other games and will not feature the Final Fantasy XIII theme. However, no American bundles has been announced for the 250GB PS3 slim, though it will be sold as a stand-alone console.

Not really seeing much problems with the console, most complaints are about customer services.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
SteveO1965
Fourth Nation
SteveO1965

Nation Reputation : 10

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:42 am

I have a problem with my PS3, yesterday i was playing when the game froze, i switched off and restarted and now my games wont load, any ideas guys??
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:43 am

Thanks Liam. I still havent decided what route Im gonna go.
I like the sound of "It runs quieter and cooler"

I had a similar problem about a year back at most Steve.

Long to short a re format took care of it.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:45 am

Ooooh I had that problem last year. Not sure what it was, but when you put the game in the console you have the Loading clock/symbol going as the console is trying to red the game? Everything else is fine but the games am I right?

I sent mine back. Found out later all you gotta do is reformat it.

Edit: Six beat me too that one. But don't forget to back up your game saves on a USB. I lost all my saves.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:53 am

Correct on the back ups. I just bit the bullet and took the loss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PS3 Tech support Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 Tech support
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Hardware and General Discussion-
Jump to: