The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

PS3 Tech support

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 5:58 am

Same. Till I remembered Oblivion and Fallout 3. Man the loss of that Data was like a kick in the nuts.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 6:01 am

For me it just meant re leveling up in R2.....for the 4th time!!!
And guess what..depending on what i do, Ill get to do that again.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
SteveO1965
Fourth Nation
SteveO1965

Nation Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 6:03 am

Thanks guys, i tried the reformat yesterday and it took four and a half hours but still the same, after a bit of research on the net i think the blu ray disc reader is at fault, it wont play anything, i checked my receipt and it seems the warranty expired 11 days ago pale Mad
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 6:06 am

Are the level ups not saved on a server?
Bugger that, save it to USB Six. Thats what I'm doing, getting ready to Transfer all my Data over to the new slim when I get it. Giving the Fatty to a friend.

Ah christ, that sucks Steve. You can either get it sent for repairs or whatever. You get yours through Gamestop? Mine was out of warranty too, but I went in and they took the old one and gave me another one on the spot, but had to pay the repair costs or whatever.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.

Back to top Go down
SteveO1965
Fourth Nation
SteveO1965

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:26 am

Igor wrote:
Bugger that, save it to USB Six. Thats what I'm doing, getting ready to Transfer all my Data over to the new slim when I get it. Giving the Fatty to a friend.

Ah christ, that sucks Steve. You can either get it sent for repairs or whatever. You get yours through Gamestop? Mine was out of warranty too, but I went in and they took the old one and gave me another one on the spot, but had to pay the repair costs or whatever.

I bought mine from a store called Game, i have just got back from there and because the warranty has expired (11 days) they wont do anything about it Sad
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:02 am

Wank fucks. Only choices are Sony or Buy a New one.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
SteveO1965
Fourth Nation
SteveO1965

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:21 am

Igor wrote:

Well i just got off the phone to Sony and i am really pleased, they are sending a courier to pick up the PS3 tomorrow and they will either repair or replace my PS3 with a new one, all this free of charge even though the warranty has expired.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:24 am

Nice one. Good to know your sorted.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
SteveO1965
Fourth Nation
SteveO1965

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:58 am

Igor wrote:
Nice one. Good to know your sorted.

But i cant play with you for a couple of weeks No Sad
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:04 am

That might be a pain, but on the bright side at least your sorted eventually. What are you going to do with the free time you now have?

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:12 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Igor wrote:

Well i just got off the phone to Sony and i am really pleased, they are sending a courier to pick up the PS3 tomorrow and they will either repair or replace my PS3 with a new one, all this free of charge even though the warranty has expired.

Mine was exchanged on the same day when it happened to me, SteveO. Very Happy= :D

Fingers crossed for ya. Wink
Back to top Go down
SteveO1965
Fourth Nation
SteveO1965

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:20 am

Igor wrote:
That might be a pain, but on the bright side at least your sorted eventually. What are you going to do with the free time you now have?
Well i guess i will have to spend some more time with the wife watching corrie and eastenders Sad
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:22 am

Igor wrote:
Well i guess i will have to spend some more time with the wife watching corrie and eastenders Sad

I feel your pain. I used to be able to go to another room when they were on. Now I can't.
Good Jesus I know more about whats happening on those things than I want to.

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Quote :

Back to top Go down
SteveO1965
Fourth Nation
SteveO1965

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:23 am

Nosferatu_337 wrote:
Igor wrote:

Mine was exchanged on the same day when it happened to me, SteveO. Very Happy= :D

Fingers crossed for ya. Wink

That would be nice just to replace it but i guess because it is out of warranty they may want to try and repair it first??
Back to top Go down
SteveO1965
Fourth Nation
SteveO1965

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 9:24 am

Igor wrote:
Igor wrote:

I feel your pain. I used to be able to go to another room when they were on. Now I can't.
Good Jesus I know more about whats happening on those things than I want to.

LOL i cant bear to think about it, maybe i will dig the PS2 out from the attic Smile
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 12:31 pm

I said it over at MyRes, but I'll say it here too.
Your R2 data should be fine. Well, mostly fine. Depends on how much of your Co-op Data was from offline games.
Everything else is stored on the server. You'll just have to enter your same PSN Name and Password on the new one. That'll give you back your trophies, friends list, etc.
You will have to redownload any PSN purchased games you previously had. And, of course, your normal game data is gone. Sad
Now, if it isn't your hard disk that's fried, you can remove it, hook it up to a computer, and transfer all the data. Then just put it back in.
Either way, good luck to both of you, and I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 6:05 pm

Igor wrote:

The unlocks are not no. Unless they changed that in an update.
That's why there was such a big stir 3 or 4 months after launch.
I cant save anything. There is no access to the xmb. The light just blinks red. Sad

Nice

That would be nice just to replace it but i guess because it is out of warranty they may want to try and repair it first??

Most likely they'll send you back a refurbished one, but I cant say for sure.

Cobalt "Spider" Monkey wrote:
Your R2 data should be fine. Well, mostly fine. Depends on how much of your Co-op Data was from offline games.
Everything else is stored on the server. You'll just have to enter your same PSN Name and Password on the new one. That'll give you back your trophies, friends list, etc.
You will have to redownload any PSN purchased games you previously had. And, of course, your normal game data is gone. Sad
Now, if it isn't your hard disk that's fried, you can remove it, hook it up to a computer, and transfer all the data. Then just put it back in.

Thanks Monkey

Did they fix that then? Because it didnt used to save to a server. Thats why I had to re-level so many times.
The games from the store I wasnt too worried as I knew they were just a download away, but I had a lot. Its gonna take a while to dl them all again.
The biggest loss in this is the 2 alt accounts I had that I handed off to each of the two younger kids. No way in hell Ill ever remember those e mail or passwords, and they love what trophies they have.
I havent figured out a good way to break the news to them.
Nate is gonna freak out.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 8:21 pm

Six"Haunted"HousePull wrote:
Cobalt "Spider" Monkey wrote:

Thanks Monkey

Did they fix that then? Because it didnt used to save to a server. Thats why I had to re-level so many times.
The games from the store I wasnt too worried as I knew they were just a download away, but I had a lot. Its gonna take a while to dl them all again.
The biggest loss in this is the 2 alt accounts I had that I handed off to each of the two younger kids. No way in hell Ill ever remember those e mail or passwords, and they love what trophies they have.
I havent figured out a good way to break the news to them.
Nate is gonna freak out.

After my--*sniffle*--tragic, tragic loss, I went back to play again, and everything was there except for the exp from offline games. Since you can't play ranked offline, my competitive data was fine. I just lost the 13 levels for my Soldier that I had gained offline, which sucked, yes, but could've been worse.
To check your hard disk, you just have to pry open that little panel on the side, take out the blue screw (careful, it's sorta soft and you don't want to strip it), grab the little gray part that sticks out of the bottom and slide it to the side, then pull. The hard disk will come right out.
Now, as for hooking it up to a computer...not sure. I'm sure you can find a tutorial to help you. It'd be great if you could save your data.

Tip: Record the kiddies email/passwords somewhere next time. Razz
I sense a big fit in your future. Condolences. Sad

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 8:58 pm

Well, I just dismantled my machine.
Ive kept the hd and got the disc out. Sadly there were other losses.
Does anyone know, if i do get a new machine, can I just swap these hd's even though it would be downgrading in size?
At least I wouldn't have to go through all the downloads.
Back to top Go down
Sidawg
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:41 pm

Hi Six

yes you can use the HDD in new machine, HOWEVER it will reformat itself automatically to match your new machine, so all data will be erased on your HDD
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 10:57 pm

Right. That's why you gotta transfer it to computer first. Then to flash drive, then to new machine.

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:45 pm

hmm

Im sure thats not as complex as it sounds.

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sidawg
First Nation
First Nation

Nation Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 12:07 am

You'll probably have to redownload all paid content you want in the end. But at least then you can pick and choose what you want i suppose. I have some stuff i'd love to delete but that would require me deleting all the other stuff that its attached to.
Back to top Go down
SteveO1965
Fourth Nation
SteveO1965

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:36 am

cheers I got my PS3 back yesterday bounce
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 9:19 am

YaY, SteveO!! cheers Very Happy= :D cheers Very Happy= :D cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Tech support   PS3 Tech support - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 Tech support

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: Gaming HeadQuarters :: Hardware and General Discussion-
Jump to: