The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Empty
PostSubject: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 6:03 pm

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Loyalist

So... what are "Loyalist"?
Loyalists are the higher ranks on this forum

And what does it mean exactly?

It means they are valuable members, they have their own private boards and they organize their own thread-parties. They have proven themselves to be dedicated to the community and it's advancements, and are an important part of the community. We listen carefully to their ideas and opinions about the site.

So... what do I have to do?
You can be a Loyalist by different routes, none of them is exclusive and definitive, but just a series of paths we look into when searching for a new Loyalist:

• Reputation points and activity levels. Reputation points give us an idea of how your contributions are perceived by other members. It might be a funny post, it might be a helpful one, it might be a great sig you made for someone. Obviously, activity levels are also important, you could have gotten 15 or 20 reputation points with only ten posts, maybe even one per month... even though we consider that amazing and we congratulate you for that.. well, it does not make community, does it? We would like you to be active, to be an inspiration to other members! Stick around!

• Nominations. Can you see that alert button on the top right corner of the post? It has two purposes: nominating good posts, and alerting an admin/mod about abuse. Just write the purpose of the alert, and we will review the post. Nominations work in a similar way to rep points but they also point to the exact post you consider outstanding, so we can see it too. With rep points, we can only see that people has been voted a certain number of times but there is no way to figure out which post has been given reputation points unless we look into the threads that member has posted, then we can see the green bar beside the post. With nominations, we receive a link that take us to the post.

• By contributing to the community in some other way than posting (helping with the graphics, design, advertising this site in several places, etc). A mod/admin can nominate you if you have contributed significantly. If that's the case, your candidature will be discussed and voted on immediately if from Admin recommendation. Maybe you are not the kind of member who spam a lot or write epic posts, maybe your name is not all over the boards but you help this site by doing things in the background, like bringing people from other sites, doing tournaments and contests, graphics, etc.

Now, what do you mean with "good posts"?

Anything can be a good post: good advice, helping a member, a funny post that has made laugh the whole community, a walkthrough... you decide what is worthy. Post will be reviewed to ensure that nominations are fair and it is not just spam.

So... what are you waiting for???
Very Happy= :D

(Ideas and suggestions accepted)

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) SeyAre you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) 2ba0co

Last edited by Seyel on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:12 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 6:11 pm

can i join this group?
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:53 pm

maybe in the future when the community grows raise the post count to 750 or 1000 to become a loyalist?
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:07 am

Good stuff as always, Seyel. Wink

That blue can be hard to see on certain monitors though, especially on a dark grey background. Thinking
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:54 am

@-Dj- wrote:
can i join this group?

Letting [/\] clan members into the Loyalist group has been discussed a bit. For the mot part, its been decided that yes, you do qualify for the group, but under all the same restrictions and limitations of normal users. In fact, I may be a bit harder on you guys as we take it case by case. So to answer as best I can for now, yes, the possibility is there.
No, there has been no discussion on you yet deej.

@banded1 wrote:
maybe in the future when the community grows raise the post count to 750 or 1000 to become a loyalist?

Thats the plan. To raise prerequisites as we go.

Nice post sey.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
-Dj-
Seventh Nation
-Dj-

Nation Reputation : -1

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:43 am

@SixHousePull wrote:
@-Dj- wrote:
can i join this group?

Letting [/\] clan members into the Loyalist group has been discussed a bit. For the mot part, its been decided that yes, you do qualify for the group, but under all the same restrictions and limitations of normal users. In fact, I may be a bit harder on you guys as we take it case by case. So to answer as best I can for now, yes, the possibility is there.
No, there has been no discussion on you yet deej.

you say that alot around here Laughing
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 3:10 pm

Leonardo337 wrote:
Good stuff as always, Seyel. Wink

That blue can be hard to see on certain monitors though, especially on a dark grey background. Thinking

I have changed it, and added the banner (made by Liam, thanks!)

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) SeyAre you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) 2ba0co
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 1:48 am

Just FYI to admins.

I edited this bit,

Code:
*  By post count.
After reaching the required post limit, you automatically will be placed into the usergroup.

now that we are getting closer to adding ranks.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 11:16 pm

Only way I am ever getting into this group is by doing the required number of posts lol
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:56 am

Not necessarily.

You never know.
I will say it would help us out a lot if we can start getting the community to use the report feature to nominate posts, etc.
It would give us a better idea of who to be looking at.
This above part is highly directed towards current loyalists but in general I'd like to see the community as a whole using it. Its not just for reporting bad posts.

Besides, once I get a chance to reset some of the required post counts needed for certain ranks, Loyalist will not be easy to get by just posting.
I'm talking post counts in the thousands here.

Some of the people who have contributed the most in post quality or quantity for that matter have racked up close to 1,500 posts in just a little over 1 year. The number needed to reach Loyalist will be huge.
Back to top Go down
Vrals597
Seventh Nation
Vrals597

Nation Reputation : -15

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:01 am

well it is a prestigious rank in the nation, I'm a firm believer in earning my ranks and everything like that, totally different than in some areas you are basically born into your position, but there are definitely people who I have seen that have been helpful to others, including myself
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:14 am

@Vrals597 wrote:
well it is a prestigious rank in the nation, I'm a firm believer in earning my ranks and everything like that, totally different than in some areas you are basically born into your position, but there are definitely people who I have seen that have been helpful to others, including myself

I will say you are along the right lines of thinking here.
Back to top Go down
Kilmory
Sixth Nation
Kilmory

Nation Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:30 am

On another site I belong to there is a simmilar system of reward points for good/helpfull posts, the difference being that on the other site you can see who has given you the nominations and any comments they have left.

I have been fortunate enough to have received a couple of karma points on here, but I'm not sure who found what posts helpful. Have you considered some sort of feedback mechanism so that newbies like myself know what other forum members have liked about their posts to give us an idea of the direction we should be going in? This also works the other way around as if I post something which offends someone I would like to know so I can avoid doing it again.

Obviously I want to be seen as a valued member of the community, so a little direction would be helpful.

Just a thought from my armchair.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:40 am

First star to the right and straight on till morning.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:40 am

A bit long winded, but if you trawl your post history while you aren't logged in you can see the green/red Nation point indicator on the post you were nominated for. Wink

The forum won't let you see it if you're logged in though, stupid forum. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:45 pm

I pretty much never log out and I can see them all just fine. scratch

A recent post of yours in the CoD thread got one, Mory. Page 32.

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Cobalt-1
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Really? scratch I'm sure mine don't show when I'm logged in. Neutral
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:49 pm

I would be able to send users a direct link to the post they were NOMINATED for through the report feature.....yes Kilmory

Not so much with the + and - buttons of the nation reputation points though.
Those for the most part go untracked.
However, while viewing a users profile page, you can see how many + and - votes they have cast, and received themselves.

We need to find a way to promote the use of the report button.
It gives us admins and mods not only a link to the post, but a way of tracking them better.
It would be a lot more effective.
We'd be able to go.....So and so has XXX nation reputation points AND has recieved 4 nominations from other various posts.

At this point, I think the best thing I can ask ALL users to do is this:

If you + or - something. Follow up.
As soon as the vote is cast, immediately click on the report button inside the same post to send us the info.
We can keep a long in the admin boards from there.

Unless people start manually doing it, we wont know which posts are getting +'ed.
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 7:53 pm

So, use the report feature, but instead of saying "Oi! Is this post bad?" you say "Come take a look at this epic post." Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Stellazira wrote:
So, use the report feature, but instead of saying "Oi! Is this post bad?" you say "Come take a look at this epic post." Very Happy= :D

Exactly right.

When you click on the little stop sign a layout much like the normal posting lay out appears.
Where you would normaly be typing a topic title is a drop down bar with the options
Nominate Post
Report Abuse/Post
Forum maintenance (thread lock requests, title changes to topics etc)

The text box is called Other informations...or something like that.
Just type in what ever you want in the box:

ZOMG! This post is teh awesome.
Nominated and +'ed

Or .
Ahhhhhh
This post is icky and gross

Or.
hey can you guys lock this topic, remove this post of mine, can I take this dead thread over as the OP? w/e)
Back to top Go down
banded1
Tenth Nation
banded1

Nation Reputation : 59

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:48 pm

totally just -'d you six Embarassed
i didnt mean too.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:50 pm

tongue

Poo baby
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:51 pm

But the Six has the powa! You can fix it. Razz

Right? Puzzled
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 8:57 pm

This is my kryptonite.

Admids and mods have no control or editing capabilities over the Nation rep points.
They can only be increased or decreased by users.

The whole point of the feature is to put some of the power in the communities hands.
Let them raise and lower their own based on merit.

Does anyone read the basic Forum Features OP?
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:00 pm

hehehe... uh... Embarassed

I gave it a Plus one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: News in the Nation :: Things You Should Know-
Jump to: