The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.


Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community
 
Log inHomePortalRegisterGallerySearch
Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 
 

 Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 2:25 pm

I must disagree. It's just doing more of what you would have done to earn it in the first place.
The fact that a person had this once before and didn't decide to keep it would probably reflect poorly in the eyes of the members who did and continued to do what little they needed to maintain it.
To use the work example again, I'll bet it's a lot harder to get a promotion in the future after you've gotten a demotion in the past.

Of course, if you consider the few things required to maintain your Loyalist status to be "work" then you might have to think about whether you want to be a Loyalist or not.

And if you don't that's fine.
Everyone's always welcome to just hang out.
We encourage people to aspire to Loyalist status because in doing so they better the forum for everyone. But it's not required. If you just want to visit with friends, knock yourself out. We've got plenty. Smile

__________________________

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Cobalt-1
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 4:33 pm

I might disagree with the "harder to achieve the second time around portion", but that's simply my opinion. By and by, I think Monkey, well...moreover, that perspective, is right here.

If one takes time away from a forum as a loyalist, and comes back, and the post history and the recent posts are consistent, I'd be all for making said person a loyalist again. Quickly. I don't see loyalist as a hall of fame, however, nor would I think that no longer having that title is a loss that makes this, or any forum less palatable. I've never joined a forum to achieve a rank or title. I've been fortunate to have been on many forums that value great posting and community dedication, and the rewards for such are varied, forum to forum. So too are the rules for getting in, or out. In every forum I've been part of, every single one, there was conversation about who is in a selected group, who shouldn't be considered, and who should be removed. I'm interested in why or how this is different.

The feeling is, then, that no longer being part of that group is an insult. Sincerely, I'm interested in why. In what way has the forum experience diminished without membership to that group?
Back to top Go down
Rxforwar
Seventh Nation
Rxforwar

Nation Reputation : 32

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 4:45 pm

@chica wrote:
"Should it be lost due to inactivity, Loyalist status can be earned again, of course. But it's probably going to be harder the second time around.
See, it's not just up to the admins. The current Loyalists get a hand in saying who they want among their number too. So, how well received will you be? Those who are there continue to represent the Nation well wherever they go, and spend their time on site contributing positively. If you've been cut before, it wouldn't surprise me to see them want more significant contributions than just hitting the chat threads".

I think this ^^^ sounds like hoop jumping to me Smile
Ok, I love me some Chica, but if it wasn't a hoop the first time, why is it a second time? B/c you're trying to earn it, or get it back? If that's the case, I'd say one would get it back more quickly. So I'm not sure how that's hoop jumping.
Back to top Go down
chica
Fifth Nation
chica

Nation Reputation : 7

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:00 pm

Hi Rx Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 811307

The crux of the problem for me is the fact that its been taken away. Having thought about this some more over the last few hours I can honestly say I'm not that bothered that I don't have the status anymore, but I wanted clarification on why it was taken. I think Monkey clarified that for me.

I'm sure it must say somewhere that if you're not around, or unable to be present here for a period of time that you will lose the status, but I did not know this and I honestly didn't know mine had gone till someone pointed it out to me. So this point alone, says to me, that it makes no difference having this status hence my reason for not wanting it back. I just think its unfair that its been taken away or so i'm lead to believe for my absence, i think that maybe this 'ruling' maybe a little harsh.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 6:44 pm

Even if dismissal wasn't part of the original plan, and we had changed it later, then who would know? Probably not the people who weren't around to read of the changes.

I'm sorry to hear that it's meaningless to you. Meaning isn't something we can give the title. It has only what meaning you give it. What does being a Loyalist mean to you?

We don't give the Loyalists a group, but rather a place to have their group. Members are decided firstly by their conduct, and secondly by their peers. The idea is that those who care the most about the forum, those who contribute to the betterment of the forum experience for all users, have a specific place in which they might pursue that goal together.
If at any time that goal loses its meaning to a member, then they're welcome to leave it. No real consequences I can think of. If all you want the forum to be is a place to chat with a few select friends, that's fine. You don't have to help try to build it up into anything more (though it is expected one wouldn't attempt to obstruct it either).
But those who choose to try, those who see that as a goal, are Loyalists.
It's their title earned, not given.
But the way it's earned is by continuing to share that goal.
If one demonstrates that they no longer do, then they can expect to be removed. Others may play a part in recognizing the sharing of that goal, but it's ultimately every member's choice entirely whether or not they want to be a part of it.

__________________________

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Cobalt-1
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 6:46 pm

I haven't been able to make it through the whole two pages. To make a few things clear, and I hate to brief it but I'm on a phone. Ill try to tidy it up later.

1. I and I alone know why some people were removed because it was me who removed them.
2. This was done as I tried to neaten the boards and rwanks before I stepped down as main admin.
3. Some ranks were lost in the forum revert. Just cause yours is missing, doen mean it is supposed to be.
4. No rank is immune from demotion. We have removed mods from the ranks.
5. Demotion is NEVER based soley on activity levels.
6. Just because your rank may have been removed, doesn't mean you can't earn it back.
7. Most decisions I personally made were done to protect the entity. Not any one individual. There is nothing singular in a coummunity. The site went into an evolution. Decisions needed to be made.


If anyone has any questions, pm me.
Ill try to read through the rest later. I have other site things to tend to.
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:05 pm

I will say this and I will not mention it again...
IMO to demote anyone for lack of activity is bullshit for reasons I have listed with in the last couple of pages.
Spank that ass if say a high rank member is being an ass on this forum or advertising the Sixth Nation in a negative light on this stage or else where. But if a person simply is inactive for what ever reasons, to strip ones title is horse shit and I want no part of it.
Sorry.. I love all you guys but say what you mean, mean what you say.

I personally see no absolute reasoning for any "label". I'm not decorated. I don't wear any specific color or belong to any click. I need any of that to know to help a fellow Nationite. Or to post positively throught OUR forum. To help with personal problems through PM's. This is done soley for one reason. Because you honestly care.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 3:55 am

@CobaltMonkey wrote:


Yes, life happens without warning often enough. We all understand that.
But really, how hard is it to drop a message saying "stuff's gone south on me, be back when I can"? Unless your area has become completely devoid of power/technology for a year or more (which can happen, we do understand), it's not too much to ask that you chime in once every few months to let us know that you're still with us in spirit. K's an excellent example of that.
We've even given a gentle nudge in the past before going in to cut the group down. All Loyalists were sent an email asking them to check in. Few did. Those that did remain.


Celly wrote:
I will say this and I will not mention it again...
IMO to demote anyone for lack of activity is bullshit for reasons I have listed with in the last couple of pages.
Spank that ass if say a high rank member is being an ass on this forum or advertising the Sixth Nation in a negative light on this stage or else where. But if a person simply is inactive for what ever reasons, to strip ones title is horse shit and I want no part of it.

@ Cell - Please feel free to read the posts made before yours, it will possibly save you from any confusion on your part.

Nice posts, Monkey... You're so much wordliery than myself. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:22 am

@ Leo- I read them all including the one posted directly after Porky's which was yours.
I don't think I was the confused one, sir.
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:30 am

I'm confused.

__________________________

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer


Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:04 am

It's pretty simple. Don't post for ages, don't communicate with the forum to let people know you're absent for a reason, and don't respond to reminder emails and eventually you lose the status. It's neither bullshit nor horse shit, it's common sense. Maybe the rules haven't been spelled out that clearly before, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not an unreasonable policy to adopt.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 12:48 pm

DP: I need to stress the word 'eventually' in the above and it could also do with a 'might' after 'eventually you'. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:48 pm

I'm going to put it this way.

Don't talk about the rank's value.
Go get and give it some.
Back to top Go down
Leo_337
14th Nation
Leo_337

Nation Reputation : 113

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:45 am

Celly wrote:
@ Leo- I read them all including the one posted directly after Porky's which was yours.
I don't think I was the confused one, sir.

Celly wrote:
@ Kratos- Six told me once that I had the most I.P. addresses he had ever seen. You want to know why? Because I didn't have internet of my own and would use anybody's that would let me just to stop in here to check in with everyone. But not everyone is able to do so. I wouldn't be able to post this very one if it wasn't for the fact I'm on Sixy's phone. In fact..I'm unsure as to when I will see internet of my own.
Yet if I was a loyalist I would run the risk of losing my title all because of things that couldn't be controlled.
And that's just one example.
You have been going through issues in R.L. (which btw I'm glad to see you back) that prevented you from being able to be full on active and thankfully had the opportunities to check in. Awesome.
But what if you were un able to check in and when you finally regained that advantage you came back to a community that pentalized you for it?
Fair?

The text highlighted in red would be the part I was referring to. You made your point which was later explained to you very succinctly by the head Admin of the forum, after which you made another post calling it 'horse shit' ... I then asked you to read what had been replied to you before making comment, I see it was a waste of my time.

Please feel free to take it to PM if I'm not making myself clear. Smile
Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 5:29 pm

@eattheword wrote:
It's pretty simple. Don't post for ages, don't communicate with the forum to let people know you're absent for a reason, and don't respond to reminder emails and eventually you lose the status. It's neither bullshit nor horse shit, it's common sense. Maybe the rules haven't been spelled out that clearly before, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not an unreasonable policy to adopt.

Six wrote:
I'm going to put it this way. Don't talk about the rank's value. Go get and give it some.


Well said gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
Seyel
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Seyel

Nation Reputation : 82

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:13 am

Even though Six wants to get the whole credit under his sleeve here, the truth is the removal was not a one man heated decision as a whole. I personally went through the history of some members, inactivity levels of almost half a year or over, and their post count before doing a final list of people who should be considered for removal. However, before removing anyone, these people also received an email from the Sixth Nation asking them to come back. I sent two emails personally through the admin panel to anyone with over three months of inactivity. We cannot be held responsible if people do not read these emails, have them blocked and/or have not contacted the team to let us know they plan to be inactive for a while. Eattheword has expressed it very clearly:

@eattheword wrote:
It's pretty simple. Don't post for ages, don't communicate with the forum to let people know you're absent for a reason, and don't respond to reminder emails and eventually you lose the status. It's neither bullshit nor horse shit, it's common sense. Maybe the rules haven't been spelled out that clearly before, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not an unreasonable policy to adopt.

I was away for a few months, but I told people I was going to be busy and the reasons why. I then was away for longer than that, and I sent an email to Six to add reasons and tell him when I expected to be able to come back. Other people have done so. Kratos, for example, did so and was not removed, because we knew it was life, as opposed to just having moved on to somewhere else.

On the IP address, Cel, it does not matter at all how many you use. The admin panel tracks your username, not the adresses you use. You would not lose any rank or title because of logging from different addresses. The issue here was posting activity + number of posts since registering + last logging + letting people know if you were away. Even if you could not log in, a quick message on FaceBook , an email or here to say "hey, I have some rl stuff, I'll be back later in the year or around X time", would be enough to keep your place, we would know you are busy but plan to return to normal activity. Is that too much to ask from people who are considered Loyalists? I don't think so. Some members here have said clearly that they were going months on holiday and would not expect to have any internet, so we know they will not do any posting or logging in at all, but we also know that there is some intention to come back.
We had members in the Loyalist list that had not logged in since the end of 2010. Others had under 500 posts and months of inactivity, one even had just over 50 posts in the last three years with over half a year of inactivity. If someone had told us that s/he was going to be away, we waited, real life comes first. However, when we don't have information, people don't log in, don't reply and we can see through other means that they do connect to the internet, we can only assume that they are not interested in being part of the community at a Loyalist level, but more as a casual member. The rank is called "Loyalist" so new members can have a role model to follow, through behaviour, commitment and activity. In a similar way, if a Loyalist had started acting like a troll and insulting people, s/he would also have had the rank removed. It is a rank earned, yes, but needs to be kept aswell. You do not need to be here every day, but you need to be visible, and/or at least let people know when you are away for months. Everybody who was removed had over 5 months of inactivity, coupled with no answer to notifications, plus no contact or explanation of their inactivity. A simple email, pm or FB message during those 5 months would have given us a reason not to remove him/her. It was not the only usergroup that got shaken, the Graphics Group got disbanded exactly for similar reasons.

__________________________


Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 SeyAre you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 2ba0co
Back to top Go down
Jon1798
Seventh Nation
Jon1798

Nation Reputation : 17

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:28 pm

I don't really get the whole thing from the beginning to be honest with you. As someone that's been here over 3 years without leaving, just seems insulting not to be considered loyal. Certainly I've moderated over games and recruits, put together game nights and weekends, though I'm one of the few in the clan still playing shooter games it seems most times. Not a big deal of course, but I never truly got this.
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:54 pm

It just seems like a popularity contest IMO.
(no disrespect to the forums loyalists, just the status, it seems flawed.)
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:16 pm

We're always open to feedback and constructive criticism. Smile

__________________________

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Cobalt-1
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 11:28 pm

ITT: People take forum ranks way too seriously?

Also, was looking at loyalist and one person really stood out as different from the rest: https://sixthnation.forumotion.net/u291
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:08 am

@Jon1798 wrote:
I don't really get the whole thing from the beginning to be honest with you. As someone that's been here over 3 years without leaving, just seems insulting not to be considered loyal. Certainly I've moderated over games and recruits, put together game nights and weekends, though I'm one of the few in the clan still playing shooter games it seems most times. Not a big deal of course, but I never truly got this.

Sorry jon. While those contributions were and are appreciated in the sense of Axis, it is a separate entity. It wouldn't be fair to award a community rank for ones contributions to their clan. The Sixth Nation is an open forum for all gamers. It ranks reflect that.

Jolli The Friendly Ghost wrote:
It just seems like a popularity contest IMO.
(no disrespect to the forums loyalists, just the status, it seems flawed.)

That is not the case. If it were, people wouldn't have been removed from the list that were. It comes down to contributions to the site, its community, or the promotion of either.

@Jmw566 wrote:
ITT: People take forum ranks way too seriously?

Also, was looking at loyalist and one person really stood out as different from the rest: https://sixthnation.forumotion.net/u291

How so? Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 12:41 pm

out of curiosity, does my argumentative side disqualify me for this?

Puzzled
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:08 am

@nobody wrote:
out of curiosity, does my argumentative side disqualify me for this?

Puzzled


Im not sure what you mean by that. I will answer this way.
You are asking the wrong person.


The number one thing we look at back here when things like MVP or Loyalist discussions arise is the Nation Reputation of the user in question. That is a number only you guys in the community can raise or lower. We have no secret buttons on our side or even an edit box for that field in the mod or admin panels. YOU guys choose who the candidates are. Not us. We only make decisions based on the users most repped.


So to explain to J if Im guessing his question correctly
FOG was one of the fastest increases in Rep I have seen here. In just a short time and through so many good posts in the Game forums he went from 0 o 30 in no time at all. At that particular time in the communities history the active users at the time voted him up. We back here work with what you guys give us.

Why is he still there?

I personally do not feel inactivity alone can negate the contributions made by any user at any time. How often you are here does not dictate the impact you have on the community you are in. What you do while you are here does. Trimming the list when the site went through some changes was in fact against the norm. The rank had to be better defined and leveled out if we were going to be able to move it forward.

Is it "just a rank?"
No. Its the highest rank we offer. To those with it and those who would like it Im sure they would agree that its not "just a rank."
Its a badge. It should be an honor to hold. Those who do have done more than "just show up". They have impacted the people around them enough to earn those rep points that got them there.
Also, it is not a popularity contest, and if it is it is because you guys make it one. We just vote on what we are given.

Now, when we do choose between the two or three would an "argumentative" nature be looked at during those discussions? Yeah, probably. But not with a laser focus. No one thing can ever be so great it surpasses everything else. Life just not black and white like that.
The term "case by case" exists for a reason.

You guys control all this Loyalist stuff more than we do.


But Im going to spin this and ask all who want to reply. Because as the guy who planted this flag here I have wanted nothing more than this community to be shaped and molded and built by the very people using it. Its why you get to use the kudos system. Its why I am asking you all now.....

What do you think a "Loyalist" should be?

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:34 am

Quote :
Im not sure what you mean by that. I will answer this way.
anyone who reads any of the gaming sections know what I am talking about. I have strong opinions of things and I don't back down from those opinions.

There is one side of me that is very helpful, and also is trying very hard to keep this board as active as possible, and the other side that has no problems getting into a heated discussion with other members.

can you only see the total rep points, or can you see the plus and the minus? id kinda like to know how much of each I do have
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:58 am

If you go into your profile and go into stats it will tell you how many of each you have received
And what you have given out to other people Wink

I just tried to look but can't find it but I'm sure it's there I'm on iPhone idk if it changes
But I'm sure I could see it on my pc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: News in the Nation :: Things You Should Know-
Jump to: