The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:11 am

^ Example of a loyalist.. Right there.
+1

Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:22 am

Very right wadey
Profile> Statistics will bring you there.
Here are yours nobody
Nation Reputation

Nation Reputation : 24
Positive votes received : 26
Negative votes received : 2
Positive votes given : 0
Negative votes given : 1

https://sixthnation.forumotion.net/u369stats

Please use your ability to vote positively once in a while eh. tongue

Its a good example of how the system might not work. We rely on you guys believe it or not.

The system is designed to "pay it forward". You have been Repped enough by others in higher standing to help raise up the others.
We need you guys to use that. Not needlessly. If you like it, if you feel its adds something good to "us", plus one it. For what ever reason YOU see it. Was it helpful? Was it a link to good info on some game ore beta? A good post on game tips? Maybe some one made you a sig. Hell, maybe someone just made you laugh. If you like it....plus it. It helps shape this place.

Im beginning to wonder if everyone here is even aware of the level of control they have. There is no secret group behind closed doors deciding what happens, who goes, who stays. Its all of us. We do it together. Its the only way a community should work and it is why the system is designed as it is. And it works. Colbalt Monkey came in here a regular user. From Loyalist, to mod, to Admin. he climbed the ladder but he did it with your help and approval. That's what makes us stronger than everywhere else.

Its all of us.

Please use the system guys.

Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:35 am

wow only 2 negative...

also any way to get rid of those ghosts? its giving me a headache trying to read the big block of your text with the ghosts flying around.
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:42 am

Ghosts? I don't see any. scratch
Perhaps because my Adblock Plus is going? Shrug

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Cobalt-1
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:05 pm

Six, you answered my question. I was just wondering why the person got so many rep points so fast and then disappeared and hasn't been on in a while and didn't get removed, while others did get removed for inactivity.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 1:15 pm

@CobaltMonkey wrote:
They spawn near the center of the screen and float outward. also I do have ad block, and if i cant get rid of these ghosts i'll have to take a break from these boards til after halloween (which is when i assume they will be gone)

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/267598_3767662270410_141201387_n.jpg
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 5:33 pm

@Jmw566 wrote:
Six, you answered my question. I was just wondering why the person got so many rep points so fast and then disappeared and hasn't been on in a while and didn't get removed, while others did get removed for inactivity.

Ah. Well there you go. Inactivity did become a factor through the process, but only because early on there really was no set "process" or guidelines set for Loyalist entry. When the Index changes and ranks were shifted not long ago, we felt defining the Loyalist Rank was something that needed to be included in that. The playing field needed to be leveled so to speak. It honestly does come down to contributions made. That's why some inactives stayed, and some didnt.
Again, it isnt how often you are here. Its what you do while you are.

@nobody wrote:
@CobaltMonkey wrote:
They spawn near the center of the screen and float outward. also I do have ad block, and if i cant get rid of these ghosts i'll have to take a break from these boards til after halloween (which is when i assume they will be gone)

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/267598_3767662270410_141201387_n.jpg

The ghosts are coming down but not because of threats.
They slow the page loading and stop links from working as they float past them. It was a trial. They seemed they might be a neat thing to have but not so in your face.
I dont find them to be anyhow.

For me it comes down to functionality.

Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:02 pm

@nobody wrote:

(which is when i assume they will be gone)
Next- Floating Christmas trees. With bright, flashing lights. cheers

Shrug
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:11 pm

I didn't read that as a threat, Sixer. Just a statement. If the forum wasn't functional for me, then I'd probably bugger off too.

What do you know? I'm learning to speak nobody. Razz

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Cobalt-1
Back to top Go down
The Last Ninja
Fifth Nation
The Last Ninja

Nation Reputation : 19

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 8:29 pm

I agree about it seeming like a statement, rather than a threat.

I simply dealt with them by adding the ghost script/image to my Adblock Plus custom filter rules. They were nice and all, but they slowed my browser down a bit.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:01 am

@CobaltMonkey wrote:
I didn't read that as a threat, Sixer. Just a statement. If the forum wasn't functional for me, then I'd probably bugger off too.

What do you know? I'm learning to speak nobody. Razz
yep a statement not a threat. Was just my way of informing people why I would not be active for a while. I seriously doubt me threatening to leave would have any impact on anything what so ever.

I wouldn't be able to stay if I wanted. Not without getting headaches, nausea, loss of vision, and a few other things. (All caused by a medical condition of which doctors dont have a diagnosis for....my point being that im not just being a whiny little B****, and that there is an actual serious reason behind that)

Bride of FrankenSix wrote:
@nobody wrote:

(which is when i assume they will be gone)
Next- Floating Christmas trees. With bright, flashing lights. cheers

Shrug
I hope that is a joke, if not let me know when its going to happen so i can make the proper adjustment to my adblock (thanks and + to lastninja for that)
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:06 am

Well you will have to forgive my bad interpretation. This was just after a small discussion about him being argumentative. tongue
I didnt mean anything by it either.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 7:34 am

lol, i think the other users have had quite some time to get used to my posting style.

wont hold it against you
Back to top Go down
jolli
Ninth Nation
jolli

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:34 am

Its kinda hard to get used to Nobody... Razz
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:41 am

Jolli The Friendly Ghost wrote:
Its kinda hard to get used to Nobody... Razz
Laughing
Good one.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:43 am

He's a real nowhere man.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 9:33 am

never realized how well my user name fit my personality until that video
Back to top Go down
Azira
13th Nation
Azira

Nation Reputation : 100

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:27 am

@eattheword wrote:
He's a real nowhere man.
I want to watch the Yellow Submarine now. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mitchell
Eighth Nation
Mitchell

Nation Reputation : 47

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:53 pm

In my personal opinion, If you don't post on the nation for more than a year you are not "loyal", is it really that hard to hop on a PC/laptop and type one post ?.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 3:07 pm

lol, I can just imagine someone having a countdown like in Lost, and they'd be like o shit, gotta make a post, the time is getting low. then they type their post, and the clock resets.
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:12 pm

@Mitchell wrote:
In my personal opinion, If you don't post on the nation for more than a year you are not "loyal", is it really that hard to hop on a PC/laptop and type one post ?.
Mad
Bursts. Into. Flames.
Laughing

@nobody wrote:
lol, I can just imagine someone having a countdown like in Lost, and they'd be like o shit, gotta make a post, the time is getting low. then they type their post, and the clock resets.
Lmfao!
^Too funny.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 5:21 am

@nobody wrote:
lol, i think the other users have had quite some time to get used to my posting style.

wont hold it against you

Well the numbers speak for themselves. You're no outcast.

@Mitchell wrote:

Im not asking for any other reason than to help shape this rank with and through you guys. But is that really the true definition of loyal?

loyal (comparative more loyal, superlative most loyal)

1.Firm in allegiance to a person or institution.
2.Faithful to a person or cause.

Both of those can be done with out showing up and posting. But the truth is that isn't even why the Rank was named that. To follow the "Nation" theme they were actually named after these guys
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 8:13 am

FrankenSix wrote:

Well the numbers speak for themselves.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 42
4 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 42
4 8 15 16 23 424 8 15 16 23 42v v4 8 15 16 23 42
4 8 15 16 23 42
Back to top Go down
Lod
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Lod

Nation Reputation : 162

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 9:05 am

Gonna go win me the lotto.

Quote :
Listen to Liam. He makes sense. - Rxforwar

Quote :
"I agree with all Liam has said so far" - Seyel

Quote :
"Sorry Cel I agree with everything Liam has said so far." - Rrwatch

Quote :
"You know what I was going to do? Make a thread on here called: "Lod, the man of few words."
You don't say much do you? :3" - vengeance7times

Quote :
"Tequila and i ee in love. She nevef gives me hangover. But she lujes tl bite me when o takr her straight. Liam... i shall savw tgis for you not gonna edit. Of i do tour sllowed to have xel comr salp me.
Fuxkjb touch screeb ketboards." - iRideAPalmer

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Eb1yq9
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 12:46 pm

FrankenSix wrote:
@nobody wrote:

wont hold it against you

Well the numbers speak for themselves. You're no outcast.

@Mitchell wrote:

Im not asking for any other reason than to help shape this rank with and through you guys. But is that really the true definition of loyal?

loyal (comparative more loyal, superlative most loyal)

1.Firm in allegiance to a person or institution.
2.Faithful to a person or cause.

Both of those can be done with out showing up and posting. But the truth is that isn't even why the Rank was named that. To follow the "Nation" theme they were actually named after these guys
if your not around, and you have basically abandoned the site, then I am pretty sure you wouldnt be "firm in allegiance to" the site or be "faithful" to it either. I dont see how one can be loyal and not be apart of it for long stretches.

maybe the inactive loyalists should get their own rank. Like "sleeper agent", "old fart", "retiree" or "ex-loyalist" etc. that way they would always have some sort of recognition for their past contributions, even if they are no longer part of the community, and if they do return they can regain their old status back much easier then a regular member would
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: News in the Nation :: Things You Should Know-
Jump to: