The Nation
Welcome to The Sixth Nation of Gamers. If you are not a registered member, please sign up today. It only takes a couple seconds.
Enjoy your stay.

Message Boards of the 6th Nation Community

Visit our Group Page on FaceBook!

Share | 

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

Nation Reputation : 167

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 5:33 am

We've said that in the past. Those ranks can be re earned.
This is just imo, but idk what difference making a "fall back" rank would do. Whether falling back into the numbered ranks or into some sub category of Loyalists it really is just the same thing isnt it?

I have a hard time accepting that we should be so assuming as to why someone has left for a while. Sometimes its self explanatory. Sometimes it isnt. I havent been on the boards in a while and for no other real reason than I just didnt have internet. Sometimes the aspects of Real Life just consume all the time you have, and there isnt much time for things like this. Sometimes you just need a break from it.
Things like that cant really be held against a user and at the end of the day all you can do is take their word on it anyhow as to why they left.

I myself, would much rather everyone, and I do mean everyone, know that no matter what, unless there is some huge violation in rules and conduct, that your rank is safe. No one here punches a clock when they check in. Everyone here comes because they like the others in the community and the things they do here or in the games with the people they met here.

I do have worries as to how it must feel for those who do continue to check in regularly to share such a rank with those who dont. Ive been in similar "ranks" on similar forums and yeah, I can say it does get under your skin a little to know you are still doing your part, and X person here isnt. Its enough to question Loyalty. But not challenge it imo. There is a person who rarely post in the public forums anymore. Holds a pretty high rank too. They come and go (with warning yes) but by and large it would probably be viewed by most here that they are inactive. In reality it was just a few words with said person years ago that this forum even exists. What contribution can be seen as so small that inactivity trumps it?

Everyone here, I mean everyone, in some way or another adds to the history of this community. Thats big. Things like this, in the big picture, are just a part of that. I may be alone in the view, but inactivity doesnt equal non loyalty. It equals inactivity.
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:11 am

that last post of mine was mostly my own musing,just having fun. tbh I dont think it really matters if they keep the rank or not.

you were using the definition of loyalty as a reason why they should keep there ranks and I was saying how i think using the definition really proves the opposite. but its not the definition of the word that should matter but what you want that to mean
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

Nation Reputation : 61

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 1:38 pm

I think it does matter to some, if they keep the rank or not.
It's like if a person in the Military that goes above and beyond the call of duty. They get recondition with the awards and eventually ranking up. If and when this person retires, does that mean they have to return the awards that once said "Thanks for a job well done" BUT "That because you are no longer active, what you did to help maintain a productive community doesn't matter anymore". Doesn't exactly make a person want to go out and "Re-up" and defiantly doesn't make the person want to recruit for the cause.

I personally don't think ANYONE should be forgotten for volunteering their time for the greater good of a community.

Is there anyway to venture on both sides of this fence? Maybe keeping the Loyalist rank for those even in their inactive status - For whatever that reason may be. But have another rank higher for those Loyalist who remain active and keep this community running? Maybe give them access to a special board, made for them? So that the active Loyalist don't feel "They are hitting their heads on the lid of the jar".. And giving them more incentive to not only be active but to actually be noticeable for their good work... Without offending those who have put in the work and contributed for this forum but for some reason can be as active as others?
Shrug
Surely there is some way to meet in the middle.

Last edited by Bride of FrankenSix on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:45 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
nobody
Eighth Nation
nobody

Nation Reputation : 41

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:02 pm

you mean like having a special rank for those that go inactive? like what I said in my earlier post?
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:09 pm

@nobody wrote:
"maybe the inactive loyalists should get their own rank. Like "sleeper agent", "old fart", "retiree" or "ex-loyalist"
^ No. Not exactly. Not in this way at least. This brands them in a negative light for something they may have no control over. If I were them.. I would just assume lose the rank all together if this ^ was the new title- And I wouldn't return.

More of a higher rank for the Loyalist that ARE active. Keeping the rank of Loyalist for all who are carrying "The badge" but also creating a higher rank for those who have been steadily active and contributing to this forum. The actives have a new set goal and the inactive can still be noticed for their work. The inactive or semi-active Loyalist can choose to rank up.. If they want to. If they can.

Btw- It would be nice if a Loyalist would give their opinions in this discussion. Where are you guys? scratch
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 4:38 pm

Bride of FrankenSix wrote:

Is there anyway to venture on both sides of this fence? Maybe keeping the Loyalist rank for those even in their inactive status - For whatever that reason may be. But have another rank higher for those Loyalist who remain active and keep this community running? Maybe give them access to a special board, made for them? So that the active Loyalist don't feel "They are hitting their heads on the lid of the jar".. And giving them more incentive to not only be active but to actually be noticeable for their good work... Without offending those who have put in the work and contributed for this forum but for some reason can be as active as others?
Shrug
Surely there is some way to meet in the middle.

That really isnt a bad idea. But as we have asked, what happens when the higher ranks go inactive?

to continue from this morning though, for me, this is a case of being remembered. You cant control absenteeism and you cant control what brings and leads people to and from forums and communities like this. What we can control and preserve are the people who helped make this place great for someone else.
To keep the peddle down as everything else whirls around. To maintain a home and keep the light on for when those who have passed may once again find themselves wanting to return.

There are no closed doors here. And I will use Ratchet as our example because he has just recently posted a goodbye.
Holds the rank in question here. Through his time on site he has made the community a better and much more fun place not just for himself, but for everyone he encountered as well. He has even posted he will most likely not be returning here again. Do you pull that rank? Do you punish someone for wanting to or going through changes in life whether real world or internet life?
I wouldnt no. I would say good luck. You need help out there let me know. Thanks for everything you have done. If and when you need it.......you know where home is.
Thats what community does imo. There are no score cards. You look out for and do what you can to lift one another up. Not knock down and or remove ranks. The whole should come together for the one. I almost see it as erasing the efforts. Erasing the person. Im sorry. I just cant see the compassion in it. Ratchet has left a mark on this community and it will always remain as is. There is no need to take that away from him or the people whos lives he touched while here.

The idea of another higher rank for those truest of true blues is something to think about.
I would rather move some up than some down. Reward instead of punish.
We'll have to kick it around.

Back to top Go down
StreetxRacer13
18th Nation
StreetxRacer13

Nation Reputation : 48

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:43 pm

FrankenSix wrote:
That's what community does imo. There are no score cards. You look out for and do what you can to lift one another up. Not knock down and or remove ranks. The whole should come together for the one. I almost see it as erasing the efforts. Erasing the person. I'm sorry. I just cant see the compassion in it. Ratchet has left a mark on this community and it will always remain as is. There is no need to take that away from him or the people who's lives he touched while here.

The idea of another higher rank for those truest of true blues is something to think about.

I couldn't have said this better myself. And this boys and girls, is why Six is the one in charge here.
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

Nation Reputation : 22

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:51 am

Pretty sure he's the one in charge because he was one of the people who started the site, but maybe that's just me. Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 514319

Honestly, I'm confused at Six's opinion on this matter. I was pretty sure he supported removing of inactives from Loyalists earlier but now it seems like he's really against it? Is this because the position of "Loyalist" has evolved over the years or am I misunderstanding? Maybe it's just the stigma of going from "Loyalist" to regular member that implies punishment for something, whereas going from some above-and-beyond rank to loyalist simply implies they weren't doing as much at the moment, not that they did something wrong?

I'd suggest some sort of "Loyalist Legend" or something like that for the above-and-beyond crowd. Something that isn't completely separate, but shows that they put in more effort than just loyalists. If someone becomes a legend, then you wouldn't demote them for being inactive because they're a freaking legend and legends don't die. For example, Ratchet could be a Loyalist Legend for all the work he's put into this community over the years and it wouldn't imply that he was always active still or w/e.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:48 am

@Jmw566 wrote:
Pretty sure he's the one in charge because he was one of the people who started the site, but maybe that's just me. Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 514319

Honestly, I'm confused at Six's opinion on this matter. I was pretty sure he supported removing of inactives from Loyalists earlier but now it seems like he's really against it? Is this because the position of "Loyalist" has evolved over the years or am I misunderstanding? Maybe it's just the stigma of going from "Loyalist" to regular member that implies punishment for something, whereas going from some above-and-beyond rank to loyalist simply implies they weren't doing as much at the moment, not that they did something wrong?

I'd suggest some sort of "Loyalist Legend" or something like that for the above-and-beyond crowd. Something that isn't completely separate, but shows that they put in more effort than just loyalists. If someone becomes a legend, then you wouldn't demote them for being inactive because they're a freaking legend and legends don't die. For example, Ratchet could be a Loyalist Legend for all the work he's put into this community over the years and it wouldn't imply that he was always active still or w/e.

Ive never really been FOR it. Go through the thread again if you have some extra time J. You'll see that Ive been speaking against it since this discussion re opened. We had to do some house cleaning when the rank was re set. We had a group who had gotten in under many different ways. There were no guidelines at first for entering the rank. Once those guidelines were set, it seemed the best time to clear out inactives etc, and start fresh.
Thats where we have been at since and what the whole thing was about.

The Loyalist Legend is a spin on what Cel has said, and similar to nobodys suggestion too. If the idea has enough support from the community as a whole it is something we will discuss more.

At this point though Im just not really seeing the benefit of it. Its just re creating the same problem but with a different name.
People go inactive and for a wide variety of reasons. There just isnt anything you can do about it.
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:48 am

@StreetxRacer13 wrote:
FrankenSix wrote:
That's what community does imo. There are no score cards. You look out for and do what you can to lift one another up. Not knock down and or remove ranks. The whole should come together for the one. I almost see it as erasing the efforts. Erasing the person. I'm sorry. I just cant see the compassion in it. Ratchet has left a mark on this community and it will always remain as is. There is no need to take that away from him or the people who's lives he touched while here.

I couldn't have said this better myself. And this boys and girls, is why Six is the one in charge here.

@StreetxRacer13 wrote:
@eattheword wrote:
It's pretty simple. Don't post for ages, don't communicate with the forum to let people know you're absent for a reason, and don't respond to reminder emails and eventually you lose the status. It's neither bullshit nor horse shit, it's common sense. Maybe the rules haven't been spelled out that clearly before, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not an unreasonable policy to adopt.
Well said gentlemen.

A little confused at where you stand, Streety. Shrug

Laughing

Taking the time to look-over the recently added to this topic, I'm now wondering if the title is even important anymore.
Seems like a lot of us "regular users" and the Admin/Mod staff are the only ones discussing this. The Loyalist themselves really don't seem to have an opinion about it. Leaves me questioning .. If they really don't care one way or the other, then maybe we shouldn't. I'm not intending on this sounding like I'm an asshole, please don't read into that. I just think maybe it's a bit more dramatic then it needs to be.. I have to admit. I fed into that as well.

If all of you say that the "Loyalist" group is useful to a gaming forum, Then I will take that as solid. You guys (Admin/Mods) would know better then me. Then let's find a way that ALL may benefit. For the Admin/Mod team, inactive, active and regular users.
But if all this is doing is creating more of an issue, then maybe consider getting rid of the system and replacing it with something that is up-dated and will work..For the ENTIRE community.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 6:55 am

[quote="Cel"]
@nobody wrote:

Btw- It would be nice if a Loyalist would give their opinions in this discussion. Where are you guys? scratch

Iv been watching this and I'm not guuna get in on it I feel buy commenting on the topic it feels like you all want not gust me but any loyalist to justify them selfs for being in the group.and I don't think thats fair.
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:07 am

I will ask that you read again on what EVERYONE has been posting.

My "argument", for a lack of better words, was in fact in YOUR favor and every other Loyalist on this forum.
You don't have to justify why you have been selected as a Loyalist. That wasn't even the topic. The topic was Should a Loyalist, after inactivity, lose the rank?
I'm against it. I think you guys shouldn't be forgotten for all that you have done for this community, that got you that rank to begin with.

That has been my opinion from the get.
My last post suggested that if we are the only ones having a " dispute " about it then maybe it's overrated and may be the time for a change in the system all together. Just a thought. Just a suggestion.

And the ONLY way to know how this particular group feels about it, is if you guys speak up. NOTHING in what I have ever posted on this subject suggested that you guys needed to validate why you are a Loyalist. Nothing.
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 6:15 am

Let me ask this. And I want everyone to know I am asking for a reason. I also want everyone to know that if they have thoughts or words on it, to please share them. Even if you have no desire to post them in the open you can always send a pm.

Is this rank wanted or needed here?

Do you feel a rank like this can do more harm to a community than good?

For me, the rank was made to offer as a bit of thanks for those who always went a little beyond. Looking at it in that way, I say yeah it is needed.
When I list pros and cons for what the rank has actually done for the community I hate to say it isnt so easy to back up.

I really want to know what it is all of you think and feel on it.
Back to top Go down
Wadey
Ninth Nation
Wadey

Nation Reputation : 43

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 8:56 am

I have no problem with the rank there's nothing wrong with rewarding people for there effots
But I also think you should not be removed from the rank unless there has been some major reason that has a negative affect on the community.

Not sure how to put it ill try this sorts reference.

If you get put in the football hall of fame do they get removed once they stop contributing to the game no they don't so I don't think inactive loyalist should be removed.

I don't think we need any higher rank ether.
2 cents
Back to top Go down
SparklyBazongaz,
11th Nation
SparklyBazongaz,

Nation Reputation : 37

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:44 am

Six wrote:

I think the whole Loyalist thing is an awesome idea, I'm not entirely sure how long I've been a loyalist, but I remember being excited as hell when I finally got the rank, It was like a golden sticker on my forehead for contributing to this amazing community I like to call my home.

I think the rank itself is setting a good example and is giving regular members something to aim for, if that is the group they wish to join, I'll use my bestie Vengeance as an example.
She asked me about the Loyalist ranking and has complete respect for anyone with that badge, she's looking forward to helping and contributing to the community as best as she can so maybe one day she can join the ranking of myself and fellow Loyalists... She respects everyone here, but its giving her a little goal to work towards, she wants to be seen as one of the members that can set a good example for future members as well as influencing existing members.
(no idea if that shit made sense... what? it's 3am Shocked)

I don't think I've really seen any sort of harm that's been brought on the community with the Loyalist group... so I can't really speak for if it causes harm, but personally I think its a good advantage of providing the community with a group of members who can be good role models, as well as being rewarded for their contributions.

I don't like the idea of an inactive member having their Loyalist 'rights' taken away cuz they haven't been creepin 24/7 recently like some people... *points at self* Embarassed

When I went MIA for about a year and was rather surprised that I still had that rank of being a Loyalist even though I kinda just disappeared without saying much about why or how long etc. I thought for sure I was going to be stripped of the title and have to prove myself to be a trustworthy member of the community again.
I honest to god will say that I was absolutely terrified of losing that ranking so I worked my ass off to make sure I stayed an active member, and now you guys are stuck with me creeping around all day erryday Laughing

I mean if you feel the amount of inactive members who are assigned to groups is becoming a little high, then you could possibly try to contact that member and ask them if they are returning, or something like that and offer that if they do plan on returning that their rank be given back to them... although personally if that happened to me I'd be like "HANG ON, WHO, HOW, WHY?! Shocked" It's a possible option temporarily taking it away, but that could cause some confusion if you lose track of people who used to have specific rankings and whatnot... and then that could cause arguments and just.. nOPE. No
It's an option I guess, but the effectiveness of it would have to rely on some sort of system that keeps track and stuff like that... or something... scratch

The only other thing I can see possibly being an option is to re-create the entire ranking system, but that could take a hell of a lot of time and energy... and some people could possibly complain if rankings get changed significantly and jumbled up... pale

but yeah, I personally would hate to have my ranking taken away, (y'know, unless I did something to seriously harm the nation, then by all means, kick my teenage ass Razz) but I guess it would depend on the circumstances for why it would be taken away other than just a period of inactivity...

i mean maybe if you enforced a specific like "minimum posting" kinda rule... idk scratch could possibly give some people an incentive to stay active if they want to be seen as a regular contributor to our glorious community of delicious gamers, and thus eliminating the need for deciding who is worthy to be considered an active contributor and who should re-evaluate their life choices Cool

I'm gonna shut up now, I hope I made sense cuz I was just like trying to type as fast as my thoughts were going and I'm sure I've missed a few of my points by a long shot but yeah... Thinking
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 3:30 pm

I think having a special status for the above and beyond is a useful thing and it's nice to reward those people who've done extra good for their efforts (e.g. Infected on Myres, Full Moon Club on InsomniacGames.com). The only issue I have, however, is with the title of the rank itself. Calling these people loyalists implicitly implies that anyone who isn't of that rank isn't loyal to the boards and committed to staying and helping out and interacting with those on the boards. People that have been here for years almost constantly posting and will continue to constantly post but don't really post anything extravagant are just as loyal to those that know how to go above and beyond with good posts. It's not an issue of loyalty.

For example, Cel's been here for 3.5 years and has almost 5k posts, yet she's not a loyalist?

Maybe a better title would be like "Role Model" or "Saint" or "Archbishop of the Church of Lesus"? Just throwing some ideas out there Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 514319
Back to top Go down
SixHousePull
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
SixHousePull

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 7:02 pm

SayberBANG! wrote:
Six wrote:

I think the rank itself is setting a good example and is giving regular members something to aim for, if that is the group they wish to join.

I don't think I've really seen any sort of harm that's been brought on the community with the Loyalist group... so I can't really speak for if it causes harm, but personally I think its a good advantage of providing the community with a group of members who can be good role models, as well as being rewarded for their contributions.

This is what bothers me and as I see as potentially harmful to the community. It creates a line. Even if it is meant to, it creates a divide.
Are there just "regular" members here? Are there elite "Loyalists" here? Me, I just see community members. No ranks. No titles. No anything. We are all here for the same reasons. Our drive and the things that drive us may be different from member to member. The amount of free time everyone has may change from time to time. When its all said and done though we are one community. We share a great hobby. We share a great home. We have made, shared, and created good friendships and bonds here. That's equal to me. Its something we have all done together.

How can a community feel they work and are equal when individual performance is pointed out?
Almost feels too defined.

@Jmw566 wrote:
I think having a special status for the above and beyond is a useful thing and it's nice to reward those people who've done extra good for their efforts (e.g. Infected on Myres, Full Moon Club on InsomniacGames.com). The only issue I have, however, is with the title of the rank itself. Calling these people loyalists implicitly implies that anyone who isn't of that rank isn't loyal to the boards and committed to staying and helping out and interacting with those on the boards. People that have been here for years almost constantly posting and will continue to constantly post but don't really post anything extravagant are just as loyal to those that know how to go above and beyond with good posts. It's not an issue of loyalty.

For example, Cel's been here for 3.5 years and has almost 5k posts, yet she's not a loyalist?

Maybe a better title would be like "Role Model" or "Saint" or "Archbishop of the Church of Lesus"? Just throwing some ideas out there Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 514319

And this is another and better way to say that. But is it really just the name? It still comes with some perception that X is greater than Y. It doesnt matter what you call it.

I personally like the rank and what it is meant to do. It obviously has some more work to be done in it and part of the reason it was redefined is so that it could be. We are nearing that bridge and Im just trying to get a sense of what it is everyone would like it to be, how it has been seen, etc.

Please feel free to continue discussion
Back to top Go down
Jon1798
Seventh Nation
Jon1798

Nation Reputation : 17

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 8:22 am

Sorry to have fanned the flames even more. I too think I take the most issue with the name. That and the fact that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the selections.

But to not be loyal, you would have to be considered disloyal, no? Definitely makes one feel like an outsider in his own home.
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:04 am

@Jon1798 wrote:
Sorry to have fanned the flames even more. I too think I take the most issue with the name. That and the fact that there seems to be no rhyme or reason to the selections.

But to not be loyal, you would have to be considered disloyal, no? Definitely makes one feel like an outsider in his own home.
^ Yup. I get that.

I'm kind of conflicted with the whole "Label" thing myself.

I mean.. I can sit here and look at it as a motivator. A steady form to keep activity with the troops. Something for "us regs" can strive for if we wish.
If this is what it's purpose is.. Good.
As humans, we like traveling in packs. We like to have the sense of belonging. To be a part of an elite group is desired by most. Makes one feel like they stand out, spot-lighted for doing good.
Some need that.
I think it is a positive. The rank should stay and stay with the ones selected.

But just as J and John have pointed out, pointing to some and leaving out others that are being over looked might sting a bit. And by this.. I don't mean me.

Some need that sense of belonging, But some work better alone- Off the radar.
I'm that one. ------------------------------------------^

I don't have to have my name in a pretty color to know what positives I make here.
I don't have to have a group label to make it known that, just like everyone else here who actively comes and contributes, that I'm doing what needs to be done for this to be a great community as a whole.
I am a loyalist in my own right I guess. Just not one that needs to be reminded.

I understand that is is important to some. And for that- I say keep it if it's working- for them.
Back to top Go down
eattheword
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
eattheword

Nation Reputation : 111

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:00 am

We could always change the name from 'Loyalist' to 'Fluffer'. Very Happy= :D
Back to top Go down
Cel
13th Nation
Cel

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:09 am

@eattheword wrote:
Shocked

I know what a "Fluffer" is.

Shocked

Oh..my..word.. Eattheword.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jon1798
Seventh Nation
Jon1798

Nation Reputation : 17

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 10:12 am

@eattheword wrote:

Eat T. Word!!!!

Explative
Back to top Go down
Jmw566
Seventh Nation
Jmw566

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:20 pm

I fully support this change and think it is the best solution. I will personally love you if you make it happen.

...did I accidentally just become a fluffer myself?
Back to top Go down
CobaltMonkey
Dark Lord of the Sixth
Dark Lord of the Sixth
CobaltMonkey

Nation Reputation : 203

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:30 pm

No, you still have to, um, "audition" for the job. So, if you'll just step into Doc's office and close the door...?

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Cobalt-1
Back to top Go down
Dingo
Ninth Nation
Dingo

Nation Reputation : 42

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 9:39 pm

No one can more loyal then a canine.

That is all
*puts on army helmet and stands guard at food bowl*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)   Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group) - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you a Loyalist?? (or how to be in the Loyalist group)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Nation :: News in the Nation :: Things You Should Know-
Jump to: